Revising Wicked

Yankeefan007
#0Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:46am

Did a search, couldn't find anything. If you were given the task of revising the book of the musical, what would you change?

#1re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:50am

id build up fiyero a little more so it didnt seem so sudden that hes in love elphaba.

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#2re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:51am

id cUt out the pARt of IDEna

JK

I think I would do what Mistress said, and fix up Dancing Through Life.....

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

La Vie Boheme
#3re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:54am

I know this is a big part of the show but its sometimes why people hate it...

The whole cruelty to animals thing...thats kind of a weak part of the story if there was one. Even though I love Wicked, i think they could work on that...

~Peace Out~

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#4re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:04pm

I agree with Mistress. But if you look he does make EXTREMELY sublte hints that he does. But its not obvious at all

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#5re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:06pm

I would not have Elphaba be responsible for creating the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly lion and be more truthful to Baum's OZ history where these characters are concerned.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

BEKA531
#6re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:16pm

make the time dragon clock a larger part of the plot. it is very important in the novel, and just seems to be part of the scenery in the show.

dididda Profile Photo
dididda
#7re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:20pm

flesh out nessa's character more.
add more to fyiero, as stated by others

""the gays love their presents. just wave something shiny in front of their faces, you can get whatever you want. Thats how we got manhattan from the gay indians" -Karen (W&G)"

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#8re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:31pm

I would add more Fiyero and more Boq. In the book he has a much larger part then he does in the actual show and I really like his character. And I agree that the whole cruelty to animals thing, while trying to give off a good message of morality, is a weaker point in the story line. I do think they could work on that a little more.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

BSoBW2
#9re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:35pm

I would turn Oz into a large Nude beach, invite Idina back into the show....

JK, of course

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#10re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 3:02pm

make it truer to the show. ie: make it darker

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

BSoBW2
#11re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 3:03pm

you mean to the book....?

Dreamcatcher
#12re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:38pm

Yeah the show has been censored a bit from the book which kind of sucks because I think the story is supposed to be dark. But thats just me.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#13re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:42pm

have Elphaba bash Morrible's head in like in the book.

BSoBW2
#14re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:44pm

then elphaba can go cannibal on morrible

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#15re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:49pm

Hav Boq be more like he was in the book. Instead of the geeky musical rendition. He such a little perv...

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#16re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:55pm

I would have Stephen Sondheim re-write the entire thing - sticking closely to the actual book, of course.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

RumTumTugger22
#17re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:00pm

BSoBW every post u've made today has to do with nudity. How strange. I bet sondeheim would do a good job with the show.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
Updated On: 1/30/05 at 05:00 PM

BSoBW2
#18re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:02pm

no, the other one was about cannibalism....

RumTumTugger22
#19re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:03pm

Good point.

BSoBW2
#20re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:05pm

but yes, idina would be naked when she eats everyone

then, in the finale, she would spring on a nude JLT's f;ying bubbly using her own flying powers...eat her....then fall off the bubble on to Joey......and bte him on the nose.....

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#21re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:30pm

It's raunchy, it's risque, I love it BSoBW2!

Haha!

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#22re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:34pm

and imagine how many people would come see it.

Dreamcatcher
#23re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:55pm

hahaha love it BSoBW2!

Yeah they turned Boq into a geeky schoolboy in the show which really sucks. They need to completely redo Boq and Nessarose in the show, and give them more stage time and solos.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#24re: Revising Wicked
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:59pm

Add Tick Tock (the role can be quite humorous). Have him kill Dillimond, programmed by Mme. Morrible,
and have Elphie bash Morrible's face in with the Trophy -
The way it was INTENDED!

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Videos