JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED

ReNtHeAd04
#0JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 12:54am

Ok..so i just got back to my dorm from the Hudson Theatre seeing Jai Rodriguez's Xposed show. It was one of the greatest nights of my life. The show was wonderful. It was a lot better than I expected!!! He opened the show with Gloria Estefan's "The rythm is gonna get ya". It was awesome. The dancer's on stage were amazing. Then the show was basically a musical of his life. It was awweeesome. The songs were wonderful and it showed how he did have a really hard time, especially with coming out and finding himself. He did covers of some songs, including clay's "invisible" when he was showing how he wasn't really any guy's "type". Sang Justin's "Never Again" showing when him and his boyfriend broke up. Sang the medly from moulin rouge that he sang at joe's pub in october. Him and his dancers danced to "baby boy" by destiny's child and it was incredible. ((sorry this review is kinda choppy- i'm still very excited and can't contain everything in chronological order lol)) One of the funniest highlights of the show though i do have to say is when they showed when he joined queer eye. they made him change his clothes. carson came out and sang "popular" from wicked. now carson is loved or hated for being very witty lol..but definetely not for his singing!! i could barely contain myself. it was absolutely hysterical... alsoooo.. thom from queer eye sat in front of me. elizabeth berkly (jessie from saved by the bell) was a couple rows in front of me. and a whole bunch of the straight guys they made over on queer eye were around. Wes and Rob from Boy Meets Boy were the sweetest guys i have ever talked to in my whoooole life. and my jai was absolutely amazing like always..

all in all it was a greeeeeeat performance, great time, and great night! if anyone else went let me know what you thought!!

goodnight guys!!!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 12:55am

awww, I love Jai! Sounds amazing.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ReNtHeAd04
#2re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 1:02am

it was so much fun..definetely worth the money!!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#3re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 1:38am

sounds awsome! Love Jai Rodriguez!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#4re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 3:16am

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a fun night.

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#5re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 5:09am

i'd love to see that. i enjoyed Jai in ZANNA very much.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 5:34am

I would like to hear how Shoshana Bean did, wasn't she scheduled to be there too?

ey3cue
#7re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:36am

Hehe, he's from my hometown. He was friend's with my sister. I just thought I'd say that.

ReNtHeAd04
#8re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:18am

ohh yes she was there!! (shoshana).. she played jai's best friend when they were younger.. she was amazing also. She sang Christina Aguilera's "The Voice Within". She got a great round of applauds. She was awesome!

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#9re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 2:05pm

Thanks so much! I love Jai and really wish I could have seen his concert. Sounds like a great night :)

FosseBoi
#10re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 2:13pm

I REALLY wish I could have been there! I'm DYING to see him preform, and see what everyone is talking about! Glad you had a GREAT time!re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

ReNtHeAd04
#11re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 2:17pm

if someone can tell me how to post pictures i'd be more than happy to.. i just don't know how to do it lol..

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#12re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/1/05 at 2:18pm

Damn I wish I could have gone! re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED Argh sucks to be trying to save money....

I would love to see the pics!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Lizartist
#13re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 11:14am

If you want to post your pics of Jai, try posting them to a free service like www.shutterfly.com and then you can post the URL to link people to the pics. Just a thought..

centerstage
#14re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 11:17am

Jai and Shosonna together must have been absolutly amazing! I wish I could have been there...you MUST post pictures!

"Past the point of no return, no backward glances: our games of make-believe are at an end" Phantom

ReNtHeAd04
#15re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 4:34pm

i have webshots..and just a couple from that night are posted on it. if you go to http://community.webshots.com/user/fasheeze04

under celebs concerts and plays.. they are in there!!

Lizartist
#16re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 5:05pm

Woo-hoo!! I bow to your ardent pursuit of Jai Rodriguez---clearly you are in the running for "stalker status" (in a good way--LOL!). You are so lucky to live in/near NYC. We West coasters can only dream about seeing these "one night only" shows in NYC!!

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#17re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 6:36pm

I am so glad you had fun. Gotta love jai!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#18re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 6:43pm

Oh my gosh that's a nice picture of Adam!

Great pictures of Jai, too, of course!!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#19re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 6:45pm

Looking at the pictures here on broadwayworld.com makes me want to ask Rosie Perez this question: Damn girl are those things real???

ReNtHeAd04
#20re: JAI RODRIGUEZ XPOSED
Posted: 2/2/05 at 9:22pm

lol that's my baby!! i looove him!! glad everyone likes the pictures.. and yes i am verrrrrrrry luck to be living right by nyc!!! :).. i'm seeing jai in jersey on saturday and let you guys know how that went too!!

Videos