New Wicked Tour Cities

jjdude2000
#0New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 7:53pm

I searched and didnt find anything....

I thought I'd let you guys know that Wicked the Tour has added 3 more cities to their run.

SAN FRANCISCO
The Orpheum Theatre
August 4 - September 11, 2005

DENVER
Buell Theatre
September 15 – October 2, 2005

DALLAS
Music Hall at Fair Park
October 5 - 23, 2005

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#1re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 8:13pm

is that the original theater they opened in is SF? Just wonding...

#2re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 8:17pm

no, it was originaly at the Curran, a much smaller and nicer venue. Im sad its not returning there. Updated On: 2/4/05 at 08:17 PM

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#3re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 8:21pm

Thats right Curran, I recognize that name now. They should have brought it back to where it originated definitely. Weird.

#4re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 10:46pm

The Curran is very small compared to trhe other theatres the tour is stopping, and will make more money in the larger space. (Also, im sure the tour set wouldnt fit on the Curran stage)

Songs4aNewWorld
#5re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 10:50pm

I am totally excited that it is coming to Dallas. Now I will finally get to see it since I can't afford to go to NYC to see it.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#6re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 11:03pm

urgh nowhere I can travel too

COME TO CT! YOU'LL BE WELCOMED!!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Phantom487
#7re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/4/05 at 11:26pm

SallyBrown - I'm from CT also, and I have a funny feeling it WILL end up at the Bushnell in Hatford next season.......

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#8re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 12:05am

I am from CT and there is a VERY strong rumor that it will hit the Bushnell in December!

Joshua488
#9re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 12:10am

It BETTER hit the Bushnell!! I will be so upset if it doesn't!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#10re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 12:13am

Who from DC/MD/ VA is rootin for the national/ warner theatre?!?!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

WickedRose Profile Photo
WickedRose
#11re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 12:17am

I'm from Md, and if it comes anywhere in the tri state area, i'll be seeing it again (Lucky enough to see it in NY) ! I'm crossing my fingers for the Hippodrome though! Won't be the same without Idina and Kristin though

"Why can't you just teach us history, instead of always harping on the past"~ Galinda "Who takes shoes from a dead person?!" ~ Elphaba "And what have you been doing-other than riding around on that filthy old thing?"~Glinda "Well, we can't all come and go by bubble."~Elphaba

BwayTheatre11
#12re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 12:54am

They must be including a lot of the sets...they have 3 days gaps.

CCM '10!

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#13re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 2:56am

yeah CT

we have a pretty big contingency over here...

BroadwayBound06 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound06
#14re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 7:59am

Woot woot MD/DC/VA it should hit somewhere up there like at the Warner or the Hippodrome, well at least I hope it does.

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#15re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 8:17am

Prolly a dumb question but just wondering...

why is it they're taking their good ole time announcing the cities the tour will be performing in? Maybe I'm just used to hearing about some band that's going on tour and being able to find out their entire schedule right then and there but...is this normal and I never noticed before or are they an exception with this one?

I looove wicked, but I just get the feeling that they're doing it to hype up the tour, raise anticipation, make it a hotter ticket, etc. - and I feel that that's totally unneccessary with this show...

Kristy

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

ProducersFan
#16re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:44am

Giving another shout out for the Hippodrome! re: New Wicked Tour Cities

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

broadwaynut20
#17re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:49am

the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh. PLEASE!!!

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#18re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:53am

If it doesn't come to the Hippodrome (which I think is the most likely), it will probably come to the National and if it doesn't come to national there is a chance it could come to Chrysler Hall or even the Landmark Theatre in Norfolk/Richmond, VA (about 3 hours away)...

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#19re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 1:24pm

Kristy,

just my thoughts, but...

They seem to be announcing the dates somewhat regionally. Canada first, Chicago, West Coast, Texas, etc.

Now, being that they're staying in each place for like 6 weeks, it makes it much different than a band or artist...an aritst may go on tour for a TOTAL of six weeks....Wicked will be spending six weeks in each city.

Again, I don't know...just my guess :)

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#20re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 1:28pm

Wherever in MD/ DC/ VA it comes, I'm going. I am NOT passin up the chance to see the lovely and talented Ms. Block and Ms. Kassebaum!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

erinrebecca
#21re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 4:26pm

A friend of our family is going to be working on the tour and from what they've heard, it will not be going anywhere near NYC so those of you in Connecticut will probably be out of luck.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#22re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 5:51pm

Let me add to the chorus of people who want it to come to CT!!!

I would also like to see it at the Oakdale, because it is closer to me, but I have a feeling it will be at the Bushnell too. Well, I will be in college by then and able to just run off on my own to the Bushnell.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

billygoatgirl300
#23re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 6:14pm

I hope it comes to CT it's alot closer from where I live than Boston. Speaking of which is it coming to Boston?

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2
Updated On: 2/5/05 at 06:14 PM

elphaba0882
#24re: New Wicked Tour Cities
Posted: 2/5/05 at 8:13pm

um...how much is it 2 see it not on broadway?because in june i'm moving 2 a city only 4 hrs from where we'll be living.

Videos