sassypanz
#100re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 4/22/05 at 10:36pm

Updated On: 3/13/12 at 10:36 PM

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#101re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 4/23/05 at 12:23am

didn't julie andrews at one time show a little chest???
That's what I heard, anyway.

Was that a fat joke?

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#102re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 4/23/05 at 3:28am

There are some BEAUTIFUL pics of Cheyenne Jackson from Rocky Horror on his website.

www.cheyennejackson.com

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#103re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 4/23/05 at 5:10am

Raul pics??? PM ME NOW!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#104re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/8/05 at 3:00pm

Check his website, Dickon. The best you're going to do, though, is shirtless.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#105re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/9/05 at 9:31pm

I sat far away, but wasn't there lots of flesh in the Aurora scene in City of Angels? I remember a sheet and nothing else...

"Not a day goes by..."

capnkidd
#106re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/9/05 at 10:07pm

Don't think Julie Andrews has ever done any nudity- in her films it's been implied but not seen. And I have NO idea what the poster who mentioned Ms Neuwirth in Chicago was talking about-no nudity at all & if the implication is that she wasn't wearing underwear, that's ridiculous. The costumes were skimpy and the dance moves she did would have made that screamingly obvious,and not just to someone in a particular location. The whole theatre would have known about it.

Andrew Mc Carthy, of bratpack fame, however, was fully frontally nude in the short-lived bway show The Boys of Winter. Also, don't forget about the yearly event of Bway Bares.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#107re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/9/05 at 10:12pm

Cap, Julie Andrews shows her boobs in a well lit scene in Blake Edward's S.O.B. It was an attempt to restart her film career and move her away from her Mary Poppins image

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

capnkidd
#108re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:21am

Y'know, I gotta confess, badadnpapa, that I never did see SOB, but it's true she was inching that way. In 10, she was throwing her clothes every which way at the end of the film but she ducks out of the camera POV before anything was seen. And in Victor/Victoria there was the reveal to the moll that Victor was in fact, Victoria, but again, we didn't see it. Thanks for the correction.

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#109re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:53am

OnTheAisle...

Are you referring to the number in City of Angels where Rachel York sings "Lost and Found"? I think her name was Mallory, not Aurora and she was only 19 when she sang that song every night with just "the sheet and a prayer".

I wonder if she really was naked or wearing the infamous "moleskin suit"? James Naughton oughta know...

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

ghostlight2
#110re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:47am

James Naughton had a great line in that show, referring to the female lead, who, I think, was played by Randy Graff.

"Just one look at her and you knew you hand a handful - two, if you were lucky".

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#111re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:25am

How did Jude look? Man, he must have been stunning back then. (sigh).

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#112re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:28am

It does seem that male nudity is much more common on stage while female nudity more common on film. I would think actors would be easier about doing it on film. That way if someting unexpected happened they could re-shoot. But on stage...everyone can see the salute!

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Wanna Be A Foster
#113re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:31am

Marc Kudisch did nudity?? Oh my goodness! How did he look?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

sassypanz
#114re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/3/05 at 8:23pm

Updated On: 3/13/12 at 08:23 PM

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#115re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/3/05 at 8:29pm

All of you need to seriously get laid...I don't go to the theatre to check out naked actors..geez.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

sassypanz
#116re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/3/05 at 8:30pm

Updated On: 3/13/12 at 08:30 PM

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#117re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/3/05 at 8:37pm

I don't think anyone's mentioned Jennifer Tilly in The Women. You saw it all when she stood up from the bathtub. If you're into that sort of thing. And I think Kevin Bacon did a bit of a clothing change onstage during An Almost Holy Picture -- I'm not remembering it clearly.

Oops. I posted here. Now there's proof that I opened and read this thread. re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin

ZONEACE
#119re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/3/05 at 9:10pm

while they aren't famous (at least i dont remember any of them being famous, but it was 3 and a half years ago and my first time seeing things on braodway) but a number of people in Metamorphases were all fleshed out. i acutally got tickets to that show after i lost my tickets to The Graduate.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#120re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/3/05 at 11:58pm

Jerry Mitchell Bare Assed in a Loin Cloth in WILL ROGERS FOLLIES
hence the begining of BROADWAY BARES
Thanks Jerry
There was a lot of Male chest and one male ass in BENT

BroadwayBound06 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound06
#121re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/4/05 at 12:10am

I wish I had seen Dracula, but then again I'm a teenage boy.

Wanna Be A Foster
#122re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/4/05 at 12:11am

David Burtka in The Play About The Baby! YUM! What I would give to have seen that.

-Kad

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#123re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/4/05 at 1:20pm

This thread is funny! I personally don't see the big deal about nudity on stage. I've done it before. However, the audience can be awfully grotesque at times. I remember seeing OH CALCUTTA! and two little old ladies sitting midway in the orchestra section with big binoculars! I was appalled.

Let's not forget Jimmy Borstelmann's ass in DAMN YANKEE'S!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#124re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/4/05 at 1:27pm

Norbert Leo Butz is not only spectacularly naked in DRS. He also had me swooning by playing with every inch of flesh on his body... pinching his stomach, digging in his navel, flashing his buttcheek... I went to the theater to see a half-naked actor AND get laid. Unfortunately, my projected conquest left before I arrived at the stagedoor.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#125re: Broadway Actors & Exposed Skin
Posted: 8/4/05 at 1:32pm

It wasn't exactly on stage, but Greg Jbara had some interesting skin exposure on his web cam from the dressing room last night:
http://www.gregoryjbara.com/cam080305/080305-79.html
(move to the pic before that - that boy has really buff arms! Too bad they're not seen in the show.)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Updated On: 8/4/05 at 01:32 PM