Show Curtains

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#226re: Show Curtains
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:13pm

no, although i can tell you what it looks like...

it's a scrim that hangs down and has the words of celie's first letter to god written on it...

it's pretty beautiful re: Show Curtains

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#227re: Show Curtains
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:14pm

i always kinda like the fact that RENT doesn't have a curtain. it makes you connect that much more with the show/cast, like you're immediately a part of their world re: Show Curtains

#228re: Show Curtains
Posted: 10/12/06 at 11:08pm

bump

Does anyone have a pic of the Piazza tour's curtain?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#229re: Show Curtains
Posted: 10/12/06 at 11:19pm

the tour has a curtain? yuck.

neddyfrank2
#230re: Show Curtains
Posted: 10/13/06 at 12:44am

Ya, its a picture of Italy from a birds eye view almoust.

firescape Profile Photo
firescape
#231re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/5/07 at 2:59pm

BUMP AGAIN!!!! We need to get pics of recent show curtains. Its been a while since we got really good ones.

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#232re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/5/07 at 4:57pm

The little shop revival was cool, so was hairspray. I hates the billy elliot one and i wasn't a fan of the show. Mamma mia reminds me of a beach and is so tranquil. All disney shows have good curtains. Like in tarzan, they have a map of africa and notes from journals appear. Then 5 minutes till the show begins you could see the boat behind the "transparent" curtain

Post more

ThankstoPhantom
#233re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/13/07 at 10:44am

All for laura's photo of The Woman in White's "show curtain" was bit blurry. I found a clearer picture.

It's from the London production at the Palace Theatre.

re: Show Curtains

From the interval:

Notice how the doors in the wall are indented? That was a problem in the London production...only one side of the walls had the door in line with the rest. The NY production fixed this problem by having the doors on a track inside the wall, moving them back and forth depending which side of the walls were shown out to the house.
http://blog.yam.com/kaya/article/5693029

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 1/13/07 at 10:44 AM

purpleprince101
#234re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/13/07 at 10:47am

that is really nice

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#235re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/13/07 at 11:10am

The palace theatre isn't as beautiful as I thought it would be on the inside. Maybe it's just the lighting.

ThankstoPhantom
#236re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/13/07 at 11:13am

I've never been there myself, but I do think it's the lighting...this photo from alexandrasilber.com gives it a better angle, but the lighting in the theatre is still very obtrusive:

I think it looks almost simply elegant rather than extravagent.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#237re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/13/07 at 11:42am

The Wedding Singer (take from a cell phone in the front row):

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (take from a cell in the last row of the rear mezz):

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (During the Entr'acte):

purpleprince101
#238re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/13/07 at 12:38pm

the palace is nicer on the inside than the outside.

ThankstoPhantom
#239re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 1:22pm

I was wondering if anyone may have a photograph of the Woman in White at the Marquis Theatre in New York? I've been trying to find one to look more into the difference in shape/size of the stage and walls between the London production (seen in my above post date 1/13/07).

#240re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 1:35pm

bump

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#241re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 1:39pm

I liked the slashed Sweeney revival curtain. Very ominous.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#242re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 3:10pm

If anyone has a picture of the "Sweeney" revival curtain, would you mind posting it, I'm curious.

Although, I still miss the big red house curtains. They're always my favorite.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

Queenie Was A Blonde Profile Photo
Queenie Was A Blonde
#243re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 4:04pm

Cabaret in London. Sorry the picture is so bad. I didn't want to stand up.

The cirle in the "curtain" opens up and the Emcee is in there and that is where he sings the opening from.

"Dont look at me that way Your ears and your eyes Got used to the lies But you're getting the truth today"

"Ah the city. So many lights you can actually pretend one of them is shining on you."

CLIFF: "There was a cabaret and there was a master of ceremonies and there was a city called Berlin in a country called Germany - and it was the end of the world and I was dancing with Sally Bowles - and we were both fast asleep"

ElFantasma14
#244re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 4:54pm

Now THAT is cool.

purpleprince101
#245re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 5:39pm

Nice Cabaret Curtain

The steel pier curtain was cool along with into the woods
Updated On: 6/28/07 at 05:39 PM

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#246re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 6:04pm

I really thought Spamalot's curtain was creative. Nothing extravagant or amazing, but I thought it was cool.

Esp. because it was my first Broadway show.

And, despite what was BEHIND it, Tarzan's curtains were really cool!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

ElFantasma14
#247re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 6:19pm

A very blurry pictures of the pre-show Jersey Boys set up. I took it without the flash, so any small movement messed it up.

I also had an opportunity to take a picture a close up of the bucket of blood in Sweeney, being in the first row on the left aisle, right where they keep it during intermission. However, being so noticable I decided not to. I didn't want to risk being kicked out of that wonderful show. Updated On: 1/15/07 at 06:19 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#248re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:02pm

I love The Apple Tree's curtain.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#249re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:03pm

I'm curious of what the Sweeney Todd revival curtain & the Miss Saigon curtain look like!
Updated On: 1/15/07 at 07:03 PM

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#250re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/15/07 at 8:04pm

I can't seem to put my hands on my Sweeney program - is there a glimpse of the curtain in that? The curtain was bluish-black with hundreds of small diagonal cuts running from the upper right to lower left, as though someone had taken a straight razor to the cloth. They were actual cuts - you could see bits of the stage behind.

Videos