Daniel Davis fired from La Cage

Leadingplayer
#0Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:32am

Robert Goulet will replace. Story in today's post.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#1re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:34am

I thought this was a joke for a second.
Robert Goulet??
Um, okay.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#2re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:35am

Good grief!! FIRED??

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#4re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:36am

Wait, what?

More info please.

Edit: Thanks Emcee.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 02:36 AM

#5re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:39am

i'll beleive it when I see it announced from a RELIABLE source.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#6re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:40am

I'd heard stories of the feuding between the two stars, but this still comes as a surprise, especially as the reasons for the firing are being made so clear. On the other hand, good for the producers not to tolerate this kind of star behavior. It's a shame that the two former close friends, Mr. Davis and Mr. Beach, couldn't have found a way to solve their problems, if indeed they were such good friends. I wonder what could possibly have caused this friendship to end so bitterly.

#7re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:48am

the Post is the New York equivilant of a tabloid magazine. Im surprised everybodys already jumping to beleiving this is true. I'll beleive it when Playbill/Broadway/Broadwayworld.com report this.

#8re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:51am

well id be surprised if the firing was completely made up... maybe he just left the show? or perhaps *the reason* could be gossip... tho ive seen that rumor posted here before (that they avoid being in for the same nights)

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#9re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:52am

Well, he could hardly turn up to work next week after having THAT printed about him!

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#10re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:53am

Theatreguy... you'll believe Playbill, the "magazine" that can't even get names of actors correct? Come on...

The Post is getting their information from Fox News. They have the same parent owner. (At least the Post has a news backing... Playbill, and the theatre websites don't. I wouldn't call that too reliable.")

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

#11re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:55am

The Post doesnt have a good history.

The others I named, have rarely (if ever) been wrong. and I dont count "typos' as being "wrong"

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#12re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:57am

I hear Daniel and Christina are going on the road in THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG...

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#13re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:58am

As someone who works in news, trust me, trust the Post over any of the other "outlets" you mentioned.

And I wasn't talking about typos... I was citing incorrect information in Playbill. (See the "Michael Morrison thread.") I won't even comment on the theatre websites. They are independently run.

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 02:58 AM

#14re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:59am

well just five seconds ago I saw Chester Gregory listed as being in Brooklyn in a news article on Broadway.com, which is sadly incorrect because hes in Hairspray. re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 02:59 AM

musicman117 Profile Photo
musicman117
#15re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:59am

"Robert Goulet! Robert Goulet! My god, Robert Goulet!"

....ok... that needed to be said.... anyways,

I also would like to see this released by someone other than the post, but if this is true, i second the applause to the producers for not putting up with that kind of an attitude.

#16re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:00am

I have yet to see a mis-citing.

I have read VERY bogus info from the Post.

and have read VERY factual and correct info from Playbill/Broadway/Broadwayworld.com.

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#17re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:02am

thanks, Mistress. I'd go with the Post.

#18re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:05am

a mis citing is again, VERY different from random tabloid news.

#19re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:11am

how about you two just kiss and make up? all news sources have been wrong at one point or another, whether they jump the gun, get an anonymous tip or whatever the reason happens to be. id venture to guess that none of the sources mentioned sit in an office wondering what completely fabricated stories they can pass off as news today.

#20re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:12am

i wasnt fighting with TVBoy. Hopfully I didnt come off that way, I was simply defending my opinion. Sorry if i look hostile

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#21re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:16am

TVBoy is right on this one, I think. This wasn't reported as gossip or a blind item. I believe that Mr. Reidel would not have been so specific if he weren't sure of his facts. The Post obviously has its tabloid aspect, but it's still pretty far from being the National Enquirer or the Star.

#22re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:23am

In this article he being s with "Daniel Davis was fired for Obnoxious backstage behavior"

That doesnt not sound very professional to me, and the word "Obnoxious" feels to me like this is his opinion, and when reporting news, you are suposed to do it from an unbiased perspective.

Yes, the Post is far from the likes of the National Enq. or Star, I would never put it in the same league as the New York times, or any other noteworthy news source.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#23re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:34am

It's interesting how this board jumps on the Post as being unreliable when we don't want to believe the stories. When they print something unpleasant about people we don't like, or something nice about people we do, it then becomes trustworthy.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#24re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:37am

Not true - The Post is garbage all the time. It's good for lining a litter box but not much else.

Videos