MissNY
#0Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/5/05 at 11:51am

6:30 PM at Tower Records in Lincoln Center

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#1re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/5/05 at 12:41pm

At the other board, there's talk of boycott and protest, over her appearance on 'the 700 club.' Perhaps there's a post on that here, but there's a lot of anger that she'd try to sell her music at a place with a dismal track record (to euphemize) in terms of a big part of her audience: gay men. Stay tuned.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#2re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:10pm

Did anyone go? Or did I miss the thread somewhere?

ILoveWicked330
#3re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:50pm

I went! She was so amazing and took pictures with everyone and signed 2 things! She also sang 3 songs (Taylor, and 2 from her new cd)

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#4re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/5/05 at 9:58pm

Ooh! Post your pictures! You are so lucky.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#5re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/5/05 at 11:18pm

If I didn't have to go to my class today I would have gone too! Darn Spanish class!!!

MissNY
#6re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/6/05 at 12:06am

I was there, she was great! The place was packed... In fact when we first got there at 6:00 they didn't let us upstairs because it was full to capacity. We ended up getting in about 10 min later though. She was so overwhelmed when she saw how many people were there. She was practically crying. She sang 2 songs from her new album and then Taylor. The crowd (including me) went crazy when she sang Taylor. Then she signed everyone's CDs, took pictures and even chatted for a while. She is so incredibly sweet. My friend and I took lots of photos...I'm too tired now, but I'll put them up tomorrow

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#7re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/6/05 at 12:15am

I wish I had been able to go! Why does work keep getting in the way of my life???

Peter
#8re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/6/05 at 12:57am

You mean that intolerant, hateful mob from yesterday weren't there protesting and throwing eggs??? On second thought, those crazy gay Christian-bashers must be waiting for their eggs to get more rotten.

WickedRose Profile Photo
WickedRose
#9re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/6/05 at 2:23am

Kristin Chenoweth is so much more important then spanish class! Know your priorities! That's like going to work when you acn go see Kenney Chesney!
Anyway, if i lived in NY i so would have gone, but no. I live in Maryland. Dumb old boring Maryland. I hate it here! I'm moving north as soon as i can!!

"Why can't you just teach us history, instead of always harping on the past"~ Galinda "Who takes shoes from a dead person?!" ~ Elphaba "And what have you been doing-other than riding around on that filthy old thing?"~Glinda "Well, we can't all come and go by bubble."~Elphaba

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#10re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/7/05 at 1:04pm

How is her new CD??

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#11re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/8/05 at 10:51am

Wicked Rose I feel your pain..at least you are closer to NYC than I am and you have DC which gets some good tours. I live in Kentucky...UGH

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#12re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:10am

ARRGH.......why could it not have been NEXT week when I'm there????

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#13re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:16am

The pictures of her on Broadway.com from the signing look beautiful!

sports620
#14re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/8/05 at 11:29am

I just need to comment about Kristin's signing at Tower on Tuesday. People can say what they want about her choices, but as a performer she is nothing but gracious to her fans. She did not have to stay there and sign everyone's autographs. I went and there was in fact a line around the block. I was towards the end of the line and so I didn't get out until 9, so she must have stayed close to 10 pm from 6:30! Even by the end she did not rush through, she was still so nice, as she signed and spoke to each individual person and also took pictures with anyone who wanted. I was very impressed with the amount of people there who showed support and especially by Kristin's graciousness.

MissNY
#15re: Kristin Chenoweth CD signing and live performance today
Posted: 4/8/05 at 5:56pm

I have to second what sports said, she was so incredibly kind and gracious to every single person. She did not make you feel rushed at all. I wouldn't be suprised if she was there until after 10. They said at the begining she would stay to sign for every single person. I was towards the begining of the line and we waited for an hour.
Here are some photos we took there http://unexamined-life.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=54

Videos