Live With Regis and Kelly

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#0Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 11:47am

This upcoming week has two Broadway stars on the show! David Hyde Pierce will be on the show on Wednesday, and Christina Applegate will be on the show on Friday!

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#1re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:02pm

bump it up!

Therese
#2re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:04pm

Thanks for the heads-up! re: Live With Regis and Kelly I just set up to record Wednesday. DHP is always a great talk-show guest.

"In my own little corner..."

LouW95
#3re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:13pm

Other than Regis and Kelly, there are very few mainstream TV and radio outlets which promote Bway. I urge all of my fellow posters to write to the talk show hosts to include Bway show scenes and stars on their programs as Rosie did. Getting the word out to potential NYC tourists should greatly improve the sagging grosses of many shows.
Updated On: 4/16/05 at 03:13 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#4re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:13pm

They had Kathleen Turner on yesterday.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#5re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:20pm

And Kathleen and Bill Irwin were on THEATER TALK last night.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#6re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:22pm

Which, meffie, hardly plays to the masses. re: Live With Regis and Kelly

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

melissa errico fan
#7re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 3:26pm

Well, maybe if it didn't air at 12:30 Friday nights...

RentBoy86
#8re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 4:06pm

is that pbs?

melissa errico fan
#9re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 4:10pm

Yes, THEATER TALK is on PBS. They show it on Fridays at 12:30 AM EST and re-broadcast it on Monday mornings at 5 AM EST.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#10re: Live With Regis and Kelly
Posted: 4/16/05 at 6:30pm

Live with Regis and Kelly is the only show I watch faithfully...Kelly is my hero :)

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

FosseBoi
#11Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/16/05 at 6:38pm

GOD FORBID Georgia's PBS get ANY of the theatre stuff! We dont get Theatre talk, nor did we get PASSIONS!!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

iamemma Profile Photo
iamemma
#12Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/16/05 at 6:47pm

what time is regis and kelly on

"its the wicked witch of the west your mother.."--- marks mom, RENT

Jon
#13Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/16/05 at 7:26pm

Regis & Kelli are on at 9 AM in most places.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#14Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/16/05 at 7:49pm

It's PASSION (one S).

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Therese
#15Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/16/05 at 10:27pm

Check your local listings though, to be sure (about Regis & Kelly). I'm in the Central time zone and my local station runs them at 10 am.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#16Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/17/05 at 1:46am

the actual taping time is 9-10 EST...not sure about central or west coast time...it should be on ABC or NBC. Good luck :)

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

SWTaffy Profile Photo
SWTaffy
#17Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/17/05 at 9:50am

Regis and Kelly are supporters of broadway bujt they usually have the known stars on.

within the last month, they had Denzel, Kathleen Turner, Robert Goulet, Christian Slater. I'm sure the they will have Jessica Lange and Tim Curry on at some point.

last year they had broadway week, so I wonder if they will do that again this year. Anyone remember when Avenue Q had Regis and Kelly puppets? I just found my tape of it. Wonderful!!

I wish they would have lesser known broadyway stars on (like Eden). I remember Megan Mullaley(sp) on before she was Karen singing from how to succeed.

Regis and Kelly is the only show that I tape every day and NEED to watch.

It's worth a shot/ :) www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=15009978

Therese
#18Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/17/05 at 10:06am

I was so thrilled to see the Q gang on R&K last year; they were wonderful! And I loved the "model walk." Theatre Talk

Here's a link to pics of the Regis & Kelly puppets on Rick Lyon's website:

Regis & Kelly Puppets

bwaymyway
#19Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/17/05 at 10:11am

DHP is on this week? I adore him. He was amazing in Spamalot, and then he came out and talked to us, and was so sweet.

Regis and Kelly ususally do like a Broadway Week every year ((a little while after the Tonys, during the summer))
Last year they have Avenue Q, LSOH ((with Joey Fatone)), Bombay Dreams, Donna Murphy, and Wicked, I think...

but most of all i yearn to be astonishing...

LouW95
#20Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/17/05 at 10:22am

PBS is OK for some promotion of theatre in some areas but as is noted on the postings-not all stations carry the theater oriented shows. Bway certainly needs help promoting shows and talents. Ed Sullivan, Johnny Carson, and Rosie used to provide wonderful national exposure for Bway shows and their stars. These shows reach masses in all regions. Letterman, O'Brien and Leno could do much more.

SWTaffy Profile Photo
SWTaffy
#21Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/17/05 at 10:43am

They didn't do wicked. from My memory, it was Ave Q, Bombay Dreams, Little Shop, Caroline or Change (Kelly and Tonya looked like they really didn't know each other), and I'm not sure of the other one. Donna murphy might be correct.

I remember that I thought Wicked would be on but no luck.

It's worth a shot/ :) www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=15009978

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Ruth Sherwood
#22Theatre Talk
Posted: 4/18/05 at 9:58am

Donna Murphy sang "One Hundred Easy Ways" on Regis and Kelly.

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." -Stella Adler

Videos