The Elphaba Curse

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#50what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 4:33pm

This is really creepy. I hope Shosh isOK.

DefyingPopular
#51what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 4:40pm

i heard a random story that david was opening the trap door when he's the scarecrow (to let elphaba up) and it slammed down on his finger i believe....
that's what i believed happened.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#52what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 4:53pm

Derech
the opinion that she is a mediocre actress is not everybody's. for as many people as there are who think she's not up to par with her acting skills, there are those who think she does a wonderful job. your best bet is to try to check out the show and form your own opinion of her.

Derech2
#53what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 4:57pm

Well of course, everyone has their own opinion. It would be nice to now what specifically others found so mediocre and community level.

And I would love see Shoshana and Jennifer, but I'm afraid I live about as far away as is possible and still live in the continental US. So if you pay for my plane ticket, I'll pay for two tickets for us to see the show. How about that? what actually happened LOL

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.
Updated On: 4/17/05 at 04:57 PM

DefyingPopular
#54what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:03pm

i'm canadian.. i've seen them.
if there's a will there's a way!

Cassie2
#55what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:05pm

How about we accept that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and everyone has one, and that's not gonna change...and everyone stops ripping each others heads off?

But we didn't have any coffee filters...so I used all we had which was...toilet paper...and we didn't have any coffee grinds so I used..peanut butter..and I found that...all you get is scalding hot peanut...water... <---Why should you always memorize your monologues? Oh yes...there was that one Chorus Line audition...

.LittleWing. 0224
#56what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:06pm

i'm from hawaii and i've seen the show.. well, more times than most lets just say, lol. and i'm pretty sure hawaii is about as far as one can be from NY while still being in the continental US. but how bout if YOU'RE ever in NY i'll make sure you get to see it while in town.

Derech2
#57what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:10pm

Yeah, okay, but that doesn't mean it's not beneficial to talk about and discuss opinions.

Derech2
#58what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:13pm

Hawaii is not part of the continental US ... right, since it's not part of the continent?? Or maybe I'm just having a brain fart. But if I get the chance to visit NYC I'll be saving big $$$ to see it a couple dozen times. what actually happened

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#59what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:13pm

i dont think hawaii is part of the continental US states.... as its separated from the continent...

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

Derech2
#60what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:14pm

What I was thinking ...

.LittleWing. 0224
#61what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:17pm

ha! no you guys are right... its DEF not part of the continental US. lol... stupid blonde moment of the day (no offense to blondes). so i guess to rephrase... its pretty damn far from NY while still being in the US... lol forget it.

Derech2
#62what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:22pm

hehe

ashley0139
#63what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 5:51pm

Where did everyone hear about this shoshana thing? And how come there weren't 156879613246 threads about it already?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#64what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 6:08pm

oh no!! SHOSH!!

sassypanz
#65what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 6:21pm

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#67what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 6:57pm

haha....but Eden was invovled with Brooklyn waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Wicked ever happened....but i admire the joke...i am brooklyn fan...i thought it was funny...

divacathe Profile Photo
divacathe
#68what actually happened
Posted: 4/17/05 at 11:45pm

SHNEB, hahaha, AMAZINGLY HILARIOUS! hahahahahahaha....

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Eden so that made me laugh out loud while I was in the School of Music Library. haha, yeah, the cello kids loved that! hahaha...

Anyway, I would just like to say to everyone that it is a curse, everybody who plays this part gets hurt somehow...seriously...Whether you wanna call it a curse or not, bad things happen to the girls who play the wicked witch!

And PS, I heard about it from my boyfriend who works at the show. He's interning for 321 Production company (he's a musical theatre major at U of M), who produces the show, and he also sells merchandise at the shows.

"Love is stupid and it bleeds, it satisfies my needs, I think it's wonderful..." ~Bill Finn is God!

mikewood
#69what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 12:44pm

Maybe it's not a curse... maybe the production needs to do better job safeguarding its actors.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

mikewood
#70what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 12:48pm

lol. It's hard to be good when you pay money for a Broadway show and get community theatre acting. >>>

heh lol heh

There are some real diamonds in the rough in community theater acting. Be kind.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#71what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 2:10pm

I was there in the fifth row. I just posted about it on the other board, but I was more ranting about how slow the crew was to notice.

She was coming up out of the trap door and her ankle got caught. Well, I think her dress may have gotten caught first and then her ankle as she was trying free the dress. Shoshanna and half the orchestra section were yelling for help before they finally let the trap down, but she limped off and came back 15 minutes later like nothing had happened, so I think she's fine.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#72what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 2:26pm

But maybe the real curse is that the crew isn't paying attention

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#73what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 2:49pm

OMG! A few weeks ago, I posted on Shoshana Bean's fansite a question about whether she thought there was a "Wicked Witch Curse" because of what happened to both Margaret Hamilton and Idina. She answered that she'd never thought about it, but now she would! I felt kinda bad afterwards because I felt like I'd jinxed her or something. Now to read this...AH! I'm so sorry!

Margaret Hamilton actually received second and third degree burns on her face and hands, and they had to stop filming for 2 weeks so she could recover. As soon as she was burned, they had to mop down her face and hands immediately to get the copperpaint off before it melted so that she wouldn't be permanently disfigured. Yes, I own the Wizard of Oz DVD and have watched every single special feature on the show more times than I wish to share.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 4/18/05 at 02:49 PM

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#74what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 3:01pm

I can't swear to it, but I think she really is fine. She may have been a little sore on Sunday.
But at the end, as a joke, Jennifer gave her a piggyback ride out for their curtain call, it was so cute. The audience went nuts. Then she put her down and Shoshanna seemed fine.

divacathe Profile Photo
divacathe
#75what actually happened
Posted: 4/18/05 at 3:55pm

Wow. There really is a curse...haha, told you!

"Love is stupid and it bleeds, it satisfies my needs, I think it's wonderful..." ~Bill Finn is God!

Videos