Glinda Standby

Swiftynifty15
#0Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 3:59pm

JLT is leaving soon so shouldn't they have announced a standby already since Megan is taking over the role?

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#1re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:03pm

When Shoshana took over, they didn't announce her stand-by until a few weeks AFTER she began. So, it could be a while.

Swiftynifty15
#2re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:05pm

That is true. I feel like there was more hype on who is going to be the new Elphaba standby then Glinda standby, or is that just me?

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#3re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:05pm

hopefully Angela Gaylor! Nah, just wishful thinking.

QHDramaQueen
#4re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:06pm

Angela Gaylor... THAT could be interesting...

MissNY
#5re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:09pm

Is Stacie definately going to Chicago? If not, maybe she'll get bumped up to standby...

Swiftynifty15
#6re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:10pm

Stacie Morgan Lewis? Who was she considered as in Chicago?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#7re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:11pm

Glinda. But now apparently Kate Reinders might do it in Chicago.

Swiftynifty15
#8re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:12pm

Oh.....I think it would be a good to give the ensemble people a chance to be moved up to standby. Does that ever happen? I thought Kristy would be the Elphaba standby.

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#9re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:16pm

Is Kristy officially the standby on tour now? What happens if Saycon cannot make a show that Shoshana can't make?

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#10re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:26pm

Kristy is going to be the standby in the sit-down Chicago production.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

sassypanz
#11re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:54pm

She is???!! No more NYC? Ill miss her.

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#12re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 4:57pm

What happens if Saycon cannot make a show that Shoshana can't make?

jjdude2000
#13re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:02pm

442, you mean once Kristy goes to Chicago? The person who replaces her on Broadway, I guess.

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#14re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 5:14pm

i'm sure theres someone else in the cast who can cover elphie.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#15re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 6:16pm

Kristy will also be taking the role over after Ana leaves.

ashley0139
#16re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 6:18pm

Hey, I love Wicked, but I can't think of any other show that we talk about who will be the next STANDBY. Not even performer. Maybe I'm just crazy.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

RentBoy86
#17re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 7:45pm

I say give it to Katie, since she was in GV which is going to be closing. She needs to be in a good show.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#18re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 9:23pm

I know Kate's younger sisters, I'll ask them tomorrow.

jjdude2000
#19re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 9:27pm

Much appreciated liotte!

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#20re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 9:59pm

I wish it would be Jennifer Hope Wills. Hell - I wish she replaced JLT - but Megan is good. But I think Jennifer Hope could be one of the best Glinda's vocally - her voice is incredible!

Swiftynifty15
#21re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 11:04pm

Did Wicked audition or choose replacements for Elphaba or Glinda? Or do they just go with standbys?
Updated On: 4/19/05 at 11:04 PM

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#22re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 11:30pm

I would also drop dead if it was Jennifer Hope. I love her voice, and she would do wonderfully as Glinda (better than JLT).

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#23re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/19/05 at 11:35pm

Sitting at Light in the Piazza, I couldn't help but think that Kelli O'Hara would be a fantastic Glinda. Particularly when she appeared in the pink dress.

Obviously, she's a little busy now, but Piazza closes in June. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Hara up in the bubble sometime.

Imchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
#24re: Glinda Standby
Posted: 4/20/05 at 9:21am

I'm going to be the next G(a)linda standby so all you people are wrong! re: Glinda Standby

As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)