pixeltracker

Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.

Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.

ButtonstheClown Profile Photo
ButtonstheClown
#0Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 6:47pm

We had our school preview today... these are pictures from it!

Hope you enjoy.
Just go to the "Beauty and the Beast" album.

Silence seemed the only way. Now I understand it's cost.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#1re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 6:51pm

interesting captions...

ButtonstheClown
#2re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 6:54pm

re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#3re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 7:33pm

Hey buddy!

Looks like an awesome production. Were you in it? Tell me all about it.
jera

"It's not a problem, it's just a challenge, it's a challenge, to resist temptation."

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#4re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 7:43pm

yes do tell

Did Gaston wear some type of arm stuff? And how many "Gaston hotties" were there?

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

*Beautifully Tragic* Profile Photo
*Beautifully Tragic*
#5re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:08pm

interesting...Yes please tell

"I?ve been singing since I was born. It?s something I do everywhere I go. In the shower, walking down the street. I don?t need any impetus to do it. I just sing." - Idina Menzel I don't make comotions,I am one- Idina Menzel as Elphie Defying Gravity for the last time 1:09:05 --not the same with out you!-- Galinda-I'll call you...elphie..is that okay?? Elphaba-well it's a little perky- Galinda-and you can call me..Galinda-

Over_the_Moon
#6re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:15pm

Your little teacups are so cuuuuute!

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

ButtonstheClown
#7re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:30pm

I'm the clock. Gaston wore these... ummm... muscle things. They're pretty odd when you're right in front of them, but I hear they look good from the audience. There are about 6 or 7 "silly girls". It's good for balence of parts and they're all so talented... I guess the directors didn't want to leave that much talent without a part.

Any other questions?

Updated On: 4/21/05 at 08:30 PM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#8re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:34pm

I agree. The silverware/china are all very adorable.

This is my signature.

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#9re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:35pm

aww!!! The clock is the best.

Jera

"It's not a problem, it's just a challenge, it's a challenge, to resist temptation."

ButtonstheClown
#10re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:36pm

We JUST got all their costumes finished yesterday.

Picture this: One costume designer. Making all the costumes. Enough for tons of objects, tons of villagers. A TON of stress, I'm assuming.

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#11re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:43pm

errg. Sounds stressful. At my school, we're struggling to finish the set for Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I think our show is going to both suck and blow, if that is possible.

jera

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#12re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:45pm

Bart Simpson!

This is my signature.

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#13re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:46pm

good call!

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#14re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:49pm

Cool. So is this your high school?

ButtonstheClown
#15re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/21/05 at 8:50pm

Yeah.

ButtonstheClown
#16re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 7:04am

Up for the morning crowd.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#17re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 8:02am

Buttons U Rock!
can't wait to see U in a loincloth as TARZAN nect month!
Have a Great Run!

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#18re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 11:00am

I don't want to detract from this school's production in any way, but if you're interested here's a link to another high school production I recently saw and reviewed (for a high school production, it blew me away). Here's pictures from the production (http://lhs.davis.k12.ut.us/events/beautyandthebeast/slideshow/), and here's my review of it (http://www.sodapopculture.com/reviews/beauty.htm).

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#19re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 11:20am

I think BEAUTY AND THE BEAST should be officially renamed "MRS. POTTS YOU'RE A CRACKWHORE!" I love it!

Now regarding this second high school production. Did they borrow the sets and costumes from the bus and truck tour or are they just like in serious infringement of the copyright on the original Broadway designs? Updated On: 4/22/05 at 11:20 AM

WillParker
#20re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 1:17pm

DAAAAAMN on that second link.....that was a HIGH SCHOOL production? i think i just shat myself.

"I'll eat some breakfast then change the world." "I hate you, and I hate your ass face!"

Di2
#21re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 1:35pm

hahahaha..I would also like to know how they got these identical costumes. I am in an Equity production of Beauty and the Beast (I am "Belle") and our costumes are reminiscent and very similiar to the Bway company but not exact due to infringement rules.

I also worked for Disney as Belle and that girl's dress looks like mine.

How did they get these costumes?? They should be very very careful.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#22re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 3:23pm

I can't speak to the issue of copyright, but I do know that the costumes were all created by volunteers (that is to say, nothing was rented from a touring company), which I thought was pretty amazing. Talking to the staff I found out that the production cost close to $30,000 to produce, and fortunately made it back. My high school sure didn't have 30 grand for the school musical!

I agree that the designs of a handful of costumes are darn close to the original designs, though I've seen other productions in my area (seems to be the new favorite of all the high schools and community companies) that are even more total rip-offs, though much less well-executed than these were. I don't think most productions at this level (where a bunch of soccer moms are doing the costuming) are very well aware of the fact that designs are copyrighted. Hopefully they just don't rip them off and then make them suck worse.

I think the licensing companies need to do a better job educating people about things like that, or stop licensing shows that are impossible for your average costumer to design. At the same time, schools and companies do themselves a terrible disservice in choosing shows where people have a pre-set notion about what costumes should look like. I dare you to do this show without Belle in a yellow ballroom gown, or the Wizard of Oz without Dorothy in blue with sparkling red shoes. The audience would revolt! Updated On: 4/22/05 at 03:23 PM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#23re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 3:32pm

I HAVE THE SAME EARRINGS AS THAT GIRL.

::bows out::

Looks great!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#24re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.
Posted: 4/22/05 at 3:40pm

While I'm dominating the thread, here's a quick shot from another local high school production. Even without color you'll see a direct rip-off of the Broadway designs re: Pictures from our Beauty and the Beast.

And since I'm here, props to your HS production, Buttons. It looks more uniquely designed but no less lively or fun. I hope you're having a blast in your role. Updated On: 4/22/05 at 03:40 PM

Videos