pixeltracker

Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording

Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#0Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:18pm

I finally got my Little shop of horrors 2003 cast recording. It feels like i've been waiting for it for months.

Here's my favourite songs:
1. Suddenly Seymour
2. Finale Ultimo (Don't feed the plants)
3. The Meek Shall Inherit

jera

"It's not a problem, it's just a challenge, it's a challenge, to resist temptation."

apdarcey
#1re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:19pm

i love the meek shall inherit on this recording!

Joshua488
#2re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:22pm

I love this recording. People might think that Kerry Butler was miscast as Audrey, but I think her voice is phenomenal. Isn't it great to hear "Suddenly, Seymour" actually sung, as opposed to Ellen Greene's version? (I love Ellen's renditions, but it is definitely refreshing to hear it sung well.)

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#3re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:23pm

I'm in love with Kerry Butler. I'd "hop the fence" for her, if you know what I mean.

jera

"It's not a problem, it's just a challenge, it's a challenge, to resist temptation."

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#4re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:31pm

Indeed I love this recording to death! re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording Hunter and Kerry make an awsome pair.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#5re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 8:16pm

This is one of my favorite recordings!

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#6re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 8:19pm

The 2003 recording is AMAZING.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#7re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 8:49pm

I definitely think the 2003 recording is the best overall. And I agree with you on Ellen's version compared to Kerry's....

suddenlyseymour Profile Photo
suddenlyseymour
#8re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 9:55pm

i love this recording! kerry's voice is phenomenal, her suddenly seymour gives me chills and hunter is fabulous too

timote316
#9re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 9:58pm

I too love this recording. Hunter and Kerry on one disk = heaven. Some will say the original CR is better, but I beg to differ.

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#10re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 10:03pm

I LOVE this recording! Kerry is really a wonderful Audrey (but I did love Ellen Greene too!). And Hunter Foster is just amazing. I highly reccomend it.

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#11re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 10:04pm

love it so much...listen to it all the time

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

Dreamcatcher
#12re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 11:27pm

Yes, their rendition of Suddenly Seymour gave me the chills. Her and Hunter and Anthony and Tari are my favorite Seymour/Audrey duos. I especially loved Kerry adding her own flare in the 2nd chorus (Suddenly Seymour, he purified me, suddeny Seymour, showed me I caaaaaaaaan etc)

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#13re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 11:30pm

I love the 2003 recording.

Up In Won
#14re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/1/05 at 11:52pm

Little Shop is definately one of my favorite recordings. It's just so easy to listen to. Eh, does that make sense? Kerry is absolutely amazing, and I love her voice (Someone else mentioned that caaa' part which is by far one of my favorites). I also love Somewhere That's Green. So, Suddenly Seymour and Somewhere That's Green are my favorite songs.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#15re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:06am

I like Feed Me and I Found a Hobby!

sallyfan101 Profile Photo
sallyfan101
#16re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:29am

I luv the recording.I absolutely adore Hunter Foster and Kerry Butler.
Here's my favorites

1. Suddenly Seymour
2. ya never know
3. Meek shall inheirt(sp)
4. Somewhere that's green
5. Now do it now
6. Dentist Music

Dreamcatcher
#17re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/2/05 at 3:41pm

Maybe I'm just being weird but in the recording, I love Hunter's pronunciation of some of the words. Ex. "Stick with that plant and gee my bank account will thrive" or "And Audrey won't have to put up with that pig for another day, now for the girl now for the plant, now yes I will! etc." Seems to be mostly related to A-words. I noticed that he does the same thing in Urinetown and I really like the sound of it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? :-P

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#18re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/2/05 at 4:11pm

Does anyone know why Alice Ripley didn't continue the role to Broadway? I know that during previews in Florida, she played Audrey. Did Alice back out of it, or did they want Kerry for the NY run?

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#19re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/3/05 at 12:39am

bump

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#20re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/3/05 at 2:01am

I saw Little Shop at the Miracle Theatre on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables, Florida with Alice Ripley and Hunter Foster. I think she did a phenomenal job. She backed out of the production shortly after this engagement. I remember reading somewhere that they actually intended to scrap the whole idea of Broadway altogether and then some other producers stepped in and re-worked the whole show and cast Kerry Butler as "Audrey" when they were ready to take it to NYC.

At least that's what I think happened. Hopefully someone more familiar with or even closer to the situation can shed some more light. I always thought it was funny that Alice went from playing "Janet Weiss" in "Rocky Horror" to "Audrey" in "Little Shop of Horrors".

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#21re: Little Shop of Horrors Cast Recording
Posted: 5/3/05 at 2:50am

I saw Alice in the Florida prod. as well. She was incredible.

The Florida prod. was to have been on the way to NYC. However after the Fla. run the producers stepped in and got rid of EVERYONE (except Hunter and choreo Kathleen Marshall) including the director, and original Seymour Lee Wilkoff who was playing Muishnik. Jerry Zaks was brought in to direct and the show was re-cast. The NY run met mixed reviews and received only one TONY nod for Hunter/Best Actor.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Videos