Good news BARE fans!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#0Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:40am

Alright, as some of you know, I opened the site www.savebare.com less than a week ago in the hopes of raising enough money to catch the eye of a NY producer who would put the show back at Dodger Stages.

Well, I just got off the phone with Steven Saporito, who is Damon's manager. I have good and bad news about this. Basically, Steve told me that where Bare is at right now (since it's taken so long to get backing for it), it will probably never be at Dodger Stages and there will probably not ever be a professional run of it in NYC anytime soon. Pretty much, the idea of the site is pointless, but both he and Damon appreciated it immensly and thought it was sweet.

The good news is, though, that Steve said (and I quote) "Bare doesn't need to be saved. Bare needs to be done." And by 'done', he means that Bare needs to be done on our stages in our local community theatres.

People - the rights to BARE are officially available for purchase! If you're interested in this, please contact the Creative Artist Agency in NYC and go through the theatrical department. Let them know you're interested in getting a license to the rights for Bare. Steve said this was the best thing we could do for Bare.. so let's do it! I know rights aren't cheap, but let your local community theatre know about this. :) We may not be able to bring the people to Bare, but now we can certainly bring Bare to the people!

Oh, and one last thing: Steve said that Damon is really touched by all the love and support he's been getting because of this show.
Updated On: 5/2/05 at 12:40 AM

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#1re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:42am

OMG--I'm totally telling my profs!

now if we can just get Hugh Jackman to come to my school....:)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#2re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:42am

This is great news. re: Good news BARE fans!

This is my signature.

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#3re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:48am

Wheee!

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

RentBoy86
#4re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:53am

I have a question for Bare fanatics...is Sh-K-Boom made a sampler CD does that mean that they recorded the rest of the show as well?

thespian geek
#5re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:00am

I have a question for Bare fanatics...is Sh-K-Boom made a sampler CD does that mean that they recorded the rest of the show as well?

I actually asked Steve about this but I didn't get a direct answer. He said that while Damon has the entire score recorded, the lyrics themselves haven't been (aside from what's on the demo). This is where I told him "but fans want a full cast recording", but the subject was changed relatively quickly.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:06am

This is the best news I have heard in forever. It's as good as done - I WILL direct this show, and it will be brilliant.

I wouldn't do it in NYC - I would do it upstate - this show is so life changing and brilliant that it needs to be seen by people.

Does anyone have a phone number I can call?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

thespian geek
#7re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:10am

(212) 277-9000

I believe that's the number you need to call. If not, let me know.

munkustrap178
#8re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:11am

This will be done. Mark my words.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

thespian geek
#9re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:13am

Let me know. re: Good news BARE fans! Steve said he's anxious to see how many requests for rights go across his desk. Hell, he's even waiting to see one for Omaha, Nebraska (which is where I live)!

RentBoy86
#10re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:13am

Munk can you do a production down here in Alabama. I'm not sure it would go over that well, but hell, give it a try haha. Oh okay, thanks GEEK. I wish they would put out a full recording, i'm sure it would get a cult following as it already has one.

munkustrap178
#11re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:26am

No, I couldn't do it in Alabama, unless you want to pay for my air fare. It will have to be upstate NY or NYC. Upstate would be ideal, but I feel like it would be easier in NYC.

thespian geek
#12re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:28am

If anyone wants to let me play Nadia in their production... re: Good news BARE fans!

RentBoy86
#13re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:30am

Well pay for my airefare and i'll come up there and play peter, i'm a 19 year old male...do it for summerstock so i can come up.

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#14re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:41am

awesome news! i wish my local theatre would do it but i doubt it...lol

thespian geek
#15re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:47am

You never know. Call them and drop the idea to them. :) That's what I'm doing tomorrow.

Mimi Imfurst
#16re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 2:28am

interesting- more news to report soon.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

#17re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 2:37am

Is Damon willing to consider tweaking the piece, or is it set 'as is'?

ButtonstheClown Profile Photo
ButtonstheClown
#18re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 7:30am

Hrmm. Thanks for the information.

Silence seemed the only way. Now I understand it's cost.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#19re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:30am

Thats WONDERFUL news. Save Bare, do the show!

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#20re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:41am

"Upstate NY" = Albany area, right?? re: Good news BARE fans!

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#21re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:48am

This needs to be done in orlando

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

Mimi Imfurst
#22re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 11:13am

I have just confirmed with Damon that this is indeed true.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

centerstage
#23re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 11:15am

Im so excited...completely going to theatre next period and announcing the good news!

"Past the point of no return, no backward glances: our games of make-believe are at an end" Phantom

thespian geek
#24re: Good news BARE fans!
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:18pm

I have just confirmed with Damon that this is indeed true.

Why did you need confirmation? Did you think I was a troll or something?

Videos