pixeltracker

Let the bi*ching begin!!!- Page 2

Let the bi*ching begin!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:34am

I like Borle better.

"Chitty Chitty Bang Bang woman" has a name, and she's fantastic. I'm really surprised and upset about McGovern, but Jan Maxwell didn't "steal it." She deserves it, too.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

cabarethed
#26re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:38am

Surprised about quite a bit, but no O'Hare or Borle?!?!??? That killed me. Hate to say it, but I wasn't surprised about Raul, as much as I enjoyed him. re: Let the bitching begin!!!

I am however THRILLED for Matt Morrison!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#27re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:40am

your right she does have a name!!!!!! I just didn't post it. I guess she, Jan Maxwell, is the one who sings win her husband the "Churchy-church, Teddy Bear" song, right?

luvtheEmcee
#28re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:42am

Yes, and she's hysterical. Why is SHE the one who stole it from McGovern? re: Let the bitching begin!!! You're ridiculous.

I didn't expect it either, cabarethed. Just disappointed anyway. re: Let the bitching begin!!!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#29re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:46am

You're right, She didn't steal it, I'll change my tone......

luvtheEmcee
#30re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:47am

Personally, I think McGovern should've gotten it over Keenan-Bolger.

It is what it is, though. re: Let the bitching begin!!!

NBC
#31re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:07am

I'm sorry that Borle, Goldblum and Richardson were not nominated in their respective categories. (Though given the reviews, I'm not as surprised about Richardson.) I also wish Sarah Saltzberg had been nominated for Spelling Bee, but I'm not sure who I'd leave out of that category. (I don't really think O'Hara's part is featured...)

I'm not sorry O'Hare wasn't nominated...he landed some laughs, but in some scenes I thought he was too over the top.

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#32re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:38am

Christopher Sieber was amazingly solid in Spamalot, and got a lot of laughs, and I adore him - but Christian Borle had me practically falling out of my seat every time he came on. His Prince Herbert alone should have gotten him a nomination. The guy is staggeringly good.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

cathyhyatt
#33re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:47am

deena jones wrote..."OK! Where's Maureen? How come BKLYN didn't get a nom for Best Costumes??"

I'll tell you why...maureen mcgovern is past her prime I'm sorry to tell you...

and as for brooklyn the costumes wer cool, yes. but any person with access to a dumpster could have made them.

as for disappointments...dracula should be there for SOMETHING orchestrations or set or something that's just ridiculous...

also...john lithgow was GREAT in DRS but I don't think his performance was "tony worthy" I feel like he just got nominated because of the name he has created for himself. norbert certainly deserved that nomination tho...im def rooting for him!!

but on the bright side of things YAY KELLI O'HARA!!! OMG YES!!

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#34re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:50am

Glad for: David Harbour, Mirielle Enos, Liev Schrieber

Pissed that: Christian Borle and Cheyenne Jackson didn't get nominated

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#35re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:53am

Darn....I was REALLY hoping for to see a nod for Raul...

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#36re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:34pm

I'm in SHOCK that Borle got snubbed.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

#37re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:53pm

To Cathyhyatt:

Maureen McGovern is certainly NOT past her prime... Have YOU ever seen her do her cabaret show? Brilliant.

And if you think you can do better costumes than BKLYN why is your name not up there with the nominees?

Get a life!

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#38re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:20pm

"Brooklyn" definitely deserved a nod for costumes. That's not even a question.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

cserannie
#39re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:24pm

no bitching needed, I'am happy with Lithgow. It's a beautiful day.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

broadway geek Profile Photo
broadway geek
#40re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:03pm

I'm sad for Borle re: Let the bitching begin!!!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#41re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:07pm

They added an extra 5th nominee several years ago for the acting awards, and wasnt there 6 actresses nominated recently? The year of King Headley...wait a minute, checking Lost Mind database...

yup:
Juliette Binoche - Betrayal
Linda Lavin - The Tale of the Allergist's Wife
**Mary-Louise Parker - Proof
Jean Smart - The Man Who Came to Dinner
Lily Tomlin - The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe (which really makes no sense since she already won for this 20 years ago)
Leslie Uggams - King Hedley II

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

NBC
#42re: Let the bitching begin!!!
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:32pm

Can I bitch about the fact that Jason Gillman is slated to perform at the understudy concert on May 15 (he covers Norbert in DRS) and I'm going to be out of town??

That's what's provoking me the most today...

"I cried during the Frug." - MC