children of eden recording

noahrp3
#0children of eden recording
Posted: 5/15/05 at 7:56pm

Is this worth gettting? Is the music good? I've only heard one song Lost in the WIlderness and I love it. And i was wondering if i should just ge the whole cd.

babygiraffeboots Profile Photo
babygiraffeboots
#1re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/15/05 at 8:00pm

get it, get it, get it!

"Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theatre!" ~Mel Brooks, To be or not to be

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#2re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/15/05 at 9:05pm

i recomend it. it has some really great songs.

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

Bluemoon
#3re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/15/05 at 9:52pm

It's wonderful. There are two versions out. One is a "best loved hits" version, the other the complete play on 2 CDs. I recommend the later.

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#4re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/15/05 at 11:55pm

The best IMHO is the out of print London cast recording with Ken Page, Ruthie Henshall and Frances Ruffelle on it. It's wonderful but it's a hard costly find now. If it's ever re-issued try to pick up a copy of this version too. It also has my all time favorite Stephen Schwartz song "A World Without You" which has a totally different melody on the US cast recording version. If I were ever to meet him I'd be curious as to why he wasn't happy with the first rendition which I find so much better.

TheatreRatinBlue Profile Photo
TheatreRatinBlue
#5re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 6:13am

ya know everytime i go to buy cd's i always forget about Children of Eden, i've been itching to get it for the past three years. And i keep forgetting.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#6re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 11:29am

I love that recording. "Lost in the wilderness" and "Stranger to the Rain" are amazing songs. And woo Hunter Foster:)

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Bluemoon
#7re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 1:45pm

Demitri - I am meeting Stephen Schwartz next Monday evening, May 23. Want me to ask him for you? Really? It would beat the stammering and stuttering I was planning on doing.

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#8re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 4:00pm

Aw Bluemoon...I'd love for you to. In fact I'll rip you the two different versions if you like so you'll be familiar with both. Just pm me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. Thanks!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#9re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 4:03pm

I really dislike this show. I guess I'm in the minority on this one.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#10re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 4:48pm

I think the Highlights Recording is sufficient unless you really like all the incidental music.

Bluemoon
#11re: children of eden recording
Posted: 5/16/05 at 4:50pm

Thanks Demitri, but I already own both! I love both versions, but am slighter more partial to the second, revised recording only because it was the first one I heard. I'll ask him about it, though (if I don't throw up on him first).

Videos