Any opinions on Wicked tour?

mule
#0Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:56pm

I have tickets to see Wicked in Chicago. I saw it twice in NY and really liked it.

How does the tour compare?

Any major changes or is it substantially the same.

Any thoughts on the tour cast? Any performers better than NY or dramatically down from their NY counterparts?

Thanks for any information.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#1re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:11pm

I haven't seen the show in New York, but I saw it here with the full cast. As far as I'm concerned, it was amazing. The tour cast is sooo incredibly strong. I can only imagine that they'll get stronger and more suited into their roles along the way.

Also, mule, search for some reviews of Wicked in Chicago. There are a BUNCH.

This is my signature.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#2re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:34pm

It's better than Broadway in my opinion. The people are more talented, the few little changes they made work very well (ex. the broom flies out during DG instead of..not flying or w/e!) I miss the extra monkeys that fly over the audience, but taht doesn't really matter. The tour is amazing!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

#3re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:37pm

Stephanie got it right on- There are a couple changes but so minor that it sure shouldn't affect your enjoyment. The costumes seemed different to me, but not in a bad way! I enjoyed it!

StephanietheStar
#4re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:43pm

AHh that's right Joe--the costumes are different. But they are mostly such little changes and they are every bit as beautiful!

When I sat second row I was in aww of them! I couldn't believe how much beading was on each one! and Elphaba's "glam" gown (act 2)??? WOW!! ahh..I want to be in this show sooo bad...

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#5re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:11pm

I do not think you'll be disappointed in the least.

Stephanie Block is AMAZING, and I've heard good things about Jenna too.

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#6re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:13pm

Here's my opinion: I wish I could get tickets.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

StephanietheStar
#7re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:59pm

ahhh..keep trying Magictodo!! good luck!

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#8re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:34pm

Heres MY opinion: cant wait till it comes to the Kennedy Center! (december)

#9re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:40pm

I saw the original Broadway cast last year and thought Idina and Cheno were amazing. It'll be interesting to see the touring cast when they come here to LA. I hope I love them just as much! :)

~Rosalynn

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#10re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 5:33am

I saw the original broadway cast, and am seeing Shoshana and Megan in a couple of weeks, which I'm very excited about. But I really want to see the tour - I've heard clips of Stephanie and she sounds amazing (just as I expected, having seen her in The Boy From Oz). Is Kendra any good?

Mary P x

Norbert Leo's Butt Profile Photo
Norbert Leo's Butt
#11re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:13am

I heard a recording of Steph and she sounds awful. the recording i have of jenna is much better i think. i am seeing shoshona in a few weeks two. when you going practically P?

'They re-made my belly with skin from my butt'

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#12re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 8:16am

Not for a while yet, Butt. I really want to see Saycon, though, as I really don't think much of Shoshana. The best thing would be for Shoshana to tour, and for Stephanie to get the broadway role she deserves - she should have originated the role. As for Eden, she can be Elphaba after Stephanie. That's fair.

Mary P x

#13re: Any opinions on Wicked tour?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 9:34am

Nooooo..........I think that Eden should sing her heart out at the Gershwin every night.
Shoshana can shove off back to Oregon and play with her dolls....(she is PHIT though)

Shoshagga Xx

Videos