pixeltracker

Why would this site not load on my MAC?

Why would this site not load on my MAC?

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#0Why would this site not load on my MAC?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:35pm

So I got a MAC computer from my graduation and tried to load this site last night and it would nt load on my computer. Is it just because it was Tony night and the site was really busy or am I computer challenged? BTW I'm on a school computer now, so you don't have to think I'm crazy saying it won't load and then posting!

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

FosseBoi
#1re: Why would this site not load on my MAC?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:38pm

It wouldnt load on my computer to. I think its cus EVERYONE was on here.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#2re: Why would this site not load on my MAC?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:41pm

Thanks! I'll have to try again tonight!

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#3re: Why would this site not load on my MAC?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:43pm

*gaaaasp* I have the EXACT same problem!! I haven't been able to get BWW on my Mac since April!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

insomniak
#4re: Why would this site not load on my MAC?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:44pm

Could it be your internet connection? I'm not on a mac but some days bww is just too big a site for my shakey connection to handle.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 9:25pm

I've always been able to load BWW on my Mac, but it seems to be the most crash-prone site.

What OS and browser are you guys using? I'm on 10.3.4 with Firefox.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#6re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 9:31pm

I had the problem for a while. I got on it a couple of times and then it would suddenly say bad request or something. This was on Safari. Then I accessed it on Microsoft Explorer on my mac, but the same thing happened. Then a couple of weeks ago, my friend, actually midnghtdolphin on here, got rid of a bad cookie or something and it's been working on Safari ever since.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#7re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 9:40pm

Some Mac browsers have some (as of yet not resolved by the folks that make the software this site runs on) issues where occassionally a cookie gets corrupt. Clearing out your cookies will clear the problem right up though.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#8re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 9:42pm

Woah crazy, it happened to me again as I made the last post.

So yeah, if you have a mac and use safari, just click on Safari next to file and click reset Safari and everything should work fine-that gets rid of the bad cookie.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#9re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:19pm

Same here too. I had no difficulty for a long time then suddenly I started receiving the 'Bad error' message. Thanks for the explanation Rob.
Updated On: 6/6/05 at 11:19 PM

pab Profile Photo
pab
#10re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:28pm

People really have to learn how to use the search feature on this board:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=852368

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#11re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:42pm

if you clear your cookies from broadwayworld.com it will fix the problem. go to Safari > Preferences > Security > Show Cookies and delete them there.

you'll have to do this every few weeks (depends on how often you visit the site) Updated On: 6/6/05 at 11:42 PM

pab Profile Photo
pab
#12re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:45pm

Oy!

Yes, that same information is in the link that is posted just above your post.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

etoile
#13re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:46am

I think last night's problem was due to the volume of traffic.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

Adoannie925 Profile Photo
Adoannie925
#14re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:18am

That's been happening to me, too. I got my powerbook a week ago, and broadwayworld either takes forever to load, or doesn't load at all. I'm on my PC right now and it's fine. I love my mac, but I wish broadwayworld would work on it.

Videos