me3 Profile Photo
me3
#0SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:56am

Was awesome deserved a best musical

Cabchic
#1re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:14am

I loved it too. Was everyone in the cast when you saw it? Did you go to the stage door afterwards?

me3 Profile Photo
me3
#2re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:16am

actually king arthurs understudy was on

Updated On: 6/28/05 at 11:16 AM

paris27 Profile Photo
paris27
#3re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:45pm

Hmmm...anyone know why Tim's been out so much lately?

LuvBroadwayHugs
#4re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:45pm

Oh man! You didn't get to see Tim Curry? He's quite excellent in the role, but I'm sure his understudy did fine!

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#5re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:59pm

HAHA! i predicted this! i said, when the show was starting up that as soon as the show won lots of awards he would start missing lots of preformances

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

gavrochegirl
#6re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:01pm

Well, as much as I LOVE Spamalot, I think something else deserves to win. DRS would be my first choice.

What the puck?!

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#7re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:02pm

I thought Tim Curry walked through the role. I was very disappointed by Spamalot, and I do not think it deserved the Tony. I believe most voters didn't either, but they voted for it because they wanted the corporate producers to be appeased.

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#8re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:04pm

Spamalot deserved the Tony. I am glad it won!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#9re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:06pm

IT wasn't answered at the other thread... but here it goes again. Anybody know when Sara Ramirez is leaving Spamalot... I think it's around December?

~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Ladyofthe Lake Profile Photo
Ladyofthe Lake
#10re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:36pm

"I thought Tim Curry walked through the role."

I couldn't disagree more. Tim has said in more than one interview he was giving a more "broad" performance in rehearsal, and Mike Nichols pulled him back. Nobody can convince me Mike would have allowed his leading man to "walk through the role." You may not care for the artistic choices he and Tim made, but there is no doubt in my mind what one sees on the stage is just that - an artistic choice, not laziness or an unwillingness to give the role his all. Really, to say an actor "walked through a role" is an incredible insult to his/her professionalism.

ShbrtAlley44
#11re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:38pm

No it's not. That's the way it came across to me. I didn't say I was right.

Ladyofthe Lake
#12re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:41pm

I meant in general that the accusation that a performer "walked through a role" is an incredible insult...it wasn't a reference to your statement specifically. I saw the qualifier you put in front of it.

That being said, I still disagree. re: SPAMALOT

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#13re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:43pm

How was the understudy?

ShbrtAlley44
#14re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:43pm

It's not always an insult. Sometimes it's very much the truth, sadly enough. I have a friend in the cast of Wicked who often told me stories about people playing games onstage to keep from being bored of the show day in and day out. They'd say their lines but would be more involved in trying to make other people laugh.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#15re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:47pm

I didnt really like the show..I'm not a big Python fan, but I think the actors/actresses were AMAZING and deserve every bit of credit they got.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Cabchic
#16re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:01pm

I think they all signed on until Dec 21st. Then it will all depend on if they extend their contracts.

Ladyofthe Lake
#17re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:54pm

"It's not always an insult. Sometimes it's very much the truth, sadly enough."

I see your point...however, the mere fact that something can be considered an "insult" doesn't reflect on its veracity. I would just imagine a performer would be especially "stung" by that particular accusation if it isn't true (if someone genuinely doesn't care enough about the performance to do more than just walk through it, I rather wonder if he or she would care about being "called out" on it...).

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#18re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:11pm

Entertainment Weekly said Ramirez was leaving in December.

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

ShbrtAlley44
#19re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:41pm

Oh, I'm sure they'd be upset by it, and if they were to explain to me what they were doing and I understood it, I would of course apologize and retract the remark. But that's just the way I saw his performance.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#20re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/28/05 at 6:29pm

I loved Spamalot. I usually despise overly-hyped shows but I was pleasantly surprised by Spamalot. Definately deserved the Tony.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

me3 Profile Photo
me3
#21re: SPAMALOT
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:13am

musicgal04 the understudy was great actually great voice. I saw tim curry at the tonys though soo at least i saw him.

Videos