All Shook Up

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#0All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 4:49pm

I am coming to New York City and want to see "All Shook Up" the evening of August 11. How can I get 2 inexpensive tickets?
Jim Colyer

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#1re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 4:50pm

Got to the theatre on the night of the performance - follow two other theatre goers into a dark alley, strike them over the head with a steel pipe and grab their tickets.

Won't cost you a cent.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 4:53pm

You should have no problem finding them at TKTS or paying for balcony seats ($20 [I think]).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Blue J
#3re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 4:54pm

If you don't mind sitting in the balcony, you can go to the box office day of the show and get tickets up there for $19.55 a piece. Otherwise I'd reccomend the TKTS line. I got two orchestra tickets for ASU there the other day for $53/ticket.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#4re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 4:57pm

ASU has been selling out recently, so you may not just be able to walk up to the box office on the day of the show to buy tickets. There are plenty of good discounts out right now ($50 orchestra seats), as well as the $19.55 balcony seats that you can buy now to ensure you get good (yet inexpensive) tickets.

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#5re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:54pm

What is an inexpensive hotel? There has to be one!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#6re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:06pm

the one with the rats

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#7re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 11:34pm

The Best Western Presidential is right in the Times Square area (right around the corner from the Hershey store). It was only $120 in March for a weeknight. Tiny rooms, but nice and clean. Incredible location.

theatreboi11
#8re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/6/05 at 11:43pm

ah! As you are in NYC and watching a Broadway show just give a little thought to the boy in Illinois whose turning 21 that night!

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#9re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/7/05 at 12:37am

aw you will have a great time at the show!

happy early birthday theatreboi11 re: All Shook Up

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#10re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/7/05 at 3:56am

I has to log in for this one cause I'm having the same problem about a hotel, and I work at one.

the show is great I saw it when I was up in March

Happy 21st theatreboi
I justcelebrated my 21st this last sun
I dont remember much of it

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

Hank
#11re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/7/05 at 10:45am

Good cheap hotels are a thing of the past, at least in mid-town.
Last year, The BW President, Milford Plaza, and The Edison were going for around $119, and now the Ed is up to $170 (plus tax and parking).

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#12re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/7/05 at 11:13am

TWF, love that pic! re: All Shook Up

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#13re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/7/05 at 11:57am

thanks bdwaygirl!! an awesome friend took the picture!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

theatreboi11
#14re: All Shook Up
Posted: 7/7/05 at 3:03pm

Thanx Taboowickedfan and badkarma719!

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#15re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 12:16pm

All Shook Up is a fun show. So cool to mix Elvis and Shakespeare.

#16re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 12:26pm

That show normalized miscegenation.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#17re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 1:52pm

What is an inexpensive hotel? There has to be one!

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

AEA AGMA SM
#18re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 1:58pm

It was so fun and good that it took seven years to come back and post that tidbit.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#19re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 2:16pm

That is a big shock a thread can be found after all these years, can a search be done by 'thread title' only?

I would of thought Rob would of cleared down threads that old, he must have awesome servers.

themysteriousgrowl
#20re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 4:14pm

Would you of?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#21re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 4:24pm

I would imagine that this thread was resurrected by searching for the poster's name, not the thread title.

He has gained some recent notoriety around these parts.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 9/21/12 at 04:24 PM

themysteriousgrowl
#22re: All Shook Up
Posted: 9/21/12 at 4:31pm

Hotels can usually do that for you.

Videos