pixeltracker

Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31

Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#1re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:12pm

Always sad when a show closes (almost got that out with a straight face), but this was a terrible production. I won't miss it.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:14pm

I liked this production very much. It IS sad to see it go, IMO.

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#3re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:16pm

MEF - couldnt agree more. I have NO idea on earth how it stuck around this long. Yes, seeing any show go is sad, but there was never any support behind this one and it was ashame it didnt ever click on stage or off.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#4re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:16pm

Oh, I hope they are going to record the cast album before it closes. Keeping my fingers crossed. Let's circulate a petition.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

FindingNamo
#5re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:17pm

Apparently you guys like to see cast and crew and house employees out of work. Sorry, I almost got THAT out with a straight face. But at least I was the first to write that.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#6re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 5:36pm

Arg, I really wanted to see this show when I moved in September!!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#7re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 6:03pm

It begs the question "who thought the public wanted this revival?" Even with recognizable names like Delta Burke, Marsha Mason and Christine Ebersole it never jelled. Only Delta Burke and Lily Rabe were well cast. I never believed Marsha Mason as cantankerous Ouiser--she simply wasn't good enough to make me forget Shirley Maclaine. Even Frances Sternhagen couldn't jump start the material--a sassy southern woman she ain't, and is much better suited as Charlotte's stuffy, proper mother-in-law on Sex & The City.

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Updated On: 7/6/05 at 06:03 PM

Joshua488
#8re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 6:19pm

Now I really need to see it. I'm ordering my tickets tonight.

BroadwayLuvr Profile Photo
BroadwayLuvr
#9re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 8:55pm

I'm so glad I saw this show while I was in NYC last weekend! I thought the cast was wonderful and they were all so very sweet, friendly, and gracious at the stage door. I really don't know why it didn't do better than it did. I went to see this with a friend and we both loved it so much, we went to TKTS the next day and got tickets to see it again. I was really surprised that this wasn't better received. I guess many people may have figured, "I've seen the movie, why see the play?"

"Be a dear, hold Mommie's waffles." ~ Edna Turnblad, Hairspray

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:11pm

No idea why they even opened it

A very slight show charging big show prices. Too many other ways to spend your theater dollar

Poster Emeritus

ikmbway
#11re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:13pm

When I saw the show I was bored and didn't want to stay but I had no choice. Although I wouldn't leave I just wasn't interested. Definitely not the best show and I knew it wasn't gunna last long on Broadway.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#12re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:17pm

I am quite sorry to see the show go. I thought it was charming.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#13re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:19pm

A tour of it is supposed to start in 2007-2008, theres something to look foreward too!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#14re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/6/05 at 9:39pm

Oh, I hope they are going to record the cast album before it closes. Keeping my fingers crossed. Let's circulate a petition.

it's not a musical

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#15re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/7/05 at 8:51am

it's not a musical

It's called sarcasm.

WOSQ
#16re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/7/05 at 10:56am

By now its all spilt milk and water over the dam and under the bridge.

But why wait two years to do a tour? The set could get moved out of the Lyceum on Sunday evening and open in a road house Tuesday night. This is not a heavy production.

Seriously, a tour could start booking now for January and casting for it could start today. It could play one week stands except for a few larger theatre towns like LA, SF, Chi, Atlanta for instance. A bus-and-truck could follow. Get it out there now.

Put all those Dallas and Dynasty actresses in it.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

twogaab2
#17re: Steel Magnolias To Play Final Performance Sunday, July 31
Posted: 7/7/05 at 12:55pm

Not really a great play, but I found this production (and I actually saw it) enourmous fun, terrific cast.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!