Chad's Clothing Line

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#0Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:53am

Did anyone else know that Chad Kimball (Lennon) owned his own clothing line? Yeah... wow.... That makes me love him even more!

To be honest, I'm not surprised entirely. The man's a stud and has great taste in apparrel!

*see link below*

OGEAR Updated On: 7/22/05 at 11:53 AM

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#1re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:56am

I hate to admit it, but I would actually wair some of the guy shirts.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#2re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:58am

Hahahahahaha, this is a quote from the site:

Our Muscle Shirt. It's a shirt for muscles.

LOL that made me laugh.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:05pm

Not meaning to be the cynic here, but doesn’t a clothing line constitute more than a few t-shirts on a website?

Mythus
#4re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 2:32pm

Well, two or more points make up a line, so two or more shirts must make up a clothing line.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#5re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 2:45pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=860198&dt=072205012431

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#6re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 6:09pm

I kinda like the stuff, but I agree with the questioning of who this is benefitting. I think I would like it more if the company was linked to some sortof charity, not just a beaituful Broadway performer. I'd like to see more than t-shirts too. Either way, the designs are clever and the models are gorge!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#7re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/22/05 at 6:26pm

What an odd comment. Are you saying that everyone must create a business to benefit a charity of sort? While that would be amazing - there's certainly nothing wrong with a performer, or anyone else in the world creating a business to make money for themselves.

Just because he's an actor, he can't also be an entrepreneur?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#8re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/24/05 at 10:39pm

It's perfectly fine that he wants to do something for himself, but when I look at the Broadway community, I tend to see actors and actresses raising money for charities. Obviously, it's not a given, but when something exciting like this comes out of the blue (I had no prior knowledge of Chad's line) I question who is planning on benefitting. Honestly, I would consider purchasing his products more so if they were helping out a worthy cause. I feel having a Broadway name attatched to goods and wears would help boost sales if they were for something. Regardless, Chad's a great guy and I wish him nothing but the best.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#9re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/24/05 at 10:41pm

I agree with Breaking, it's not that I don't support him making money for himself but I would be more inclined to spend 25 bucks on a T-Shirt if I knew part of it was going to a charity or fund.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

AlienOnBroadway
#10re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/24/05 at 11:18pm

I am so utterly baffled by this "I don't want to buy it because he's an actor and the money doesn't go to charity" thing that I can barely wrap my head around it.
I assume that you don't buy t-shirts from Old Navy? Or GAP? or Tommy Hilfiger? As those profits don't go solely to charity do they?

Yes, supporting charity is a good thing and many folks out there choose to make clothing lines that do only that. But to just dump on the idea of an actor making some cash for himself is unbelievable to me. Maybe you guys can afford to to buy only $300 Edun jeans, designed by Bono.

I personally think the shirts are clever and fun! I say GO CHAD!

Pinaud Profile Photo
Pinaud
#11re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/24/05 at 11:28pm

Q: Are you a star?

A: I like to say that I am a blob of gas that closely resembles a star.

Not to be snarky, but I wouldn't necessarily agree. Chad, you might want to examine that blob of gas again.

CostumeMistress Profile Photo
CostumeMistress
#12re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/24/05 at 11:34pm

BBStar, I agree, I think the guy's shirts are cooler that the shirts for the ladies.

Avatar - Isaac, my blue-fronted Amazon parrot. Adopted 9/7/07. Age 30 (my pet is older than me!)

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#13re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/25/05 at 4:13am

I wouldn't say that Chad is a Broadway star, and why does it matter if the profits go to charity? P Diddy has his own clothing line. So does JLo. Why would Broadway performers (who make FAR less) have to give all their money to charity. I like the clothes. I'll be ordering some stuff as soon as I get my next paycheck.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Love4Cheno Profile Photo
Love4Cheno
#14re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/25/05 at 9:07am

Chad is cute and all, but he is by no means doing anything new here. Everyone with a pair of scissors is now a t-shirt designer. And they could really use some help with their merchandise- I'd never be caught wearing such cheesy slogans. They aren't clever or coy. Totally uninspired.

http://preppylife.tumblr.com/

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#15re: Chad's Clothing Line
Posted: 7/25/05 at 9:15am

Agreed. I mean, Chad is a very talented actor and I bet he's a great guy, but these shirts are (as Victoria from "Beaches" would say to CC about her TV interview appearance) "kinda dumb."

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 7/25/05 at 09:15 AM

Videos