pixeltracker

RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)

RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)

Rentaholic2
#0RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:14am

Which do you prefer if you know what I'm talking about. The new poster (or atleast what was at the today show) has richer color and more defined pictures...a little less artsy and sketchy. I can't decide, I like them both so much.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#1re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:35am

They're both great because they have ONE THING IN COMMON.
They have IDINA in BOTH!
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!! IdiNA RoXX!!!!!! You GotTA <3 HeR!!!

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#2re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:41am

I personally like the OBC one better, but the Movie one is really nice also. The OBC one just seems so much more grittier and more real. I dunno if u know what I mean, haha.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#3re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:42am

The movie one is on my other thread, for those of you who haven't seen it (The Rent picture one): https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?lastpage=on&thread=862163&dt=080505013042

Updated On: 8/5/05 at 01:42 AM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#4re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:43am

No I don't. Ha Ha. Tee Hee. *Burp*

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#5re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:44am

Thenard, the pic has been ciculating on the web since this afternoon. EVERYONE who iz ANYONE has seen it!!!!!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#6re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:46am

I'm sorry.

I was at Bryant Park all day.

re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)

And have a billion of the damn posters.

Updated On: 8/5/05 at 01:46 AM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#7re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:47am

It's okay Thenardier!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#8re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:50am

I like mine...with Tracie and Idina together...and Idina is grabbing Tracie's booty

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#9re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 1:51am

I like yours too because ROSARIO GOT TOP BILLING!!! YaaaaaaaY ROSARIO!!!! she's THE STAR!!!!! :P

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#11re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 2:00am

Yesssssssssss! Rosario gets Top Billing!!
It should have read:

ROSARIO DAWSON

starring in

"RENT"

with

BLAH BLAH BLAH EVERYONE ELSE

janvier_neige Profile Photo
janvier_neige
#12re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 3:24am

it's in alphabetical order, from what i can make out. dawson. diggs. martin. menzel. but apparently, anthony, adam, wilson, and tracie aren't really in the movie. it's all a ploy! re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Updated On: 8/5/05 at 03:24 AM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#13re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 5:15am

Marquise, I love that wallpaper that you posted. I think I like the new movie artwork more than that for the OBC; the colors are what get me. re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?) Updated On: 8/5/05 at 05:15 AM

AngusN
#14re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:33am

Yeh, I agree I like the vibrant colours. However, I don't like the picture of Collins, he looks like he is about to kill someone.
Also, it is NOT Rosario's show, the rest of the cast developed these roles alongside Jonathan.

I am sure she is an excellent addition.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#15re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:38am

I like the movie poster better, i think. although, they should've had angel doing his jump. yeah, it is weird though that they stopped the names after idina.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:40am

The new logo photos look like the "RENT Home For The Aged".

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

AngusN
#17re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:52am

Wanna be a foster? Who is on the photo on ur profile?

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#18re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 7:29am

Both have amazing pictures. I just like the Mimi one better on the OBC.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Chlydomnestra
#19re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 7:36am

I love Idina and Tracie, but I struggle to understand why the two of them are in a frame together on the advance for the poster. It looks out of place compared with the rest of the poster. Out of the three love stories in the show, Maureen's and Joanne's is (don't kill me, because I am struggling for words) not as flame powerful as that of Collins/Angel or Roger/Mimi. This is not to say that they aren't a great couple, but why those two in a frame together...why any "couple" in a frame together? It just took away from the grit in my opinion, and looked really weird. I love the poster, but I say if they were merely going to update the OBC poster, and put each in a box, they shouldn't pull out one couple to frame up. Just my opinion, but it is beautiful.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#20re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 8:29am

I don't care the Dawson girls name is first. That's all that matters. Her picture should be bigger too.

Abikatmom Profile Photo
Abikatmom
#21re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:26am

I really don't want to start anything here, but Dawson isn't the "STAR" of RENT. She might have a bigger part than others, but remember we havn't seen the movie yet, but it is an ENSEMBLE. In my opinion, off of the OBC, Mark would be the lead role because he is the narrartor.

I get the feeling if this turns out to be a big hit, like it should be, there is going to be a lot of things going around about how, "Dawson saved this role", "she's the 'star' that needs to get all the credit".

Parents of future RENTheads unite!!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#22re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:47am

It's ALL ABOUT ROSARIO. Who you kidding?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#23re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:53am

Thenardier, if you really have too many of the posters, you can send a few my way. re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#24re: RENT - OBCR Cover or New Movie Poster(?)
Posted: 8/5/05 at 10:02am

Updated On: 8/5/05 at 10:02 AM

Videos