calling all movin out fans!!

YankeesFan175
#0calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 10:45pm

ok, just wondering, are there any big movin out fans out there?? you dont hear of too many so i thought id start a thread about it, lol. anyone?

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#1re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 10:57pm

I hope after tomorrow night I will be.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

YankeesFan175
#2re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 10:58pm

i know after tomorrow night you will be. get back to me then!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#3re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 10:59pm

Love it! One of my favorite dancing shows!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#4re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:02pm

I'll finally get to see it this winter when it comes to Toronto! I've been listening to the soundtrack since forever and i love it to death!

YankeesFan175
#5re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:03pm

alright! we only need about 200 more fans and we can start our own fan club.....THE MOVERS!! anyone up for early membership? PM me, lol. im so weird

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#6re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:08pm

i really enjoyed this show the music and dancing was great.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#7re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:11pm

I find it heartening to see that such an innovative, truly creative show on Broadway; definitely not a cookie cutter musical. Very sad to see it leave...who woulda thought a ballet show would succeed on Broadway?

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#8re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:12pm

This show makes me so happy. Except for that really awkward scene where Eddie was dreaming/ on drugs. It was REALLY awkward, but other than that, Twyla and Billy Joel are BRILLIANT!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

YankeesFan175
#9re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:12pm

who else is mad that its being kicked out to make way for tarzan even though its still selling about 3/4 of the seats???

and oh, who else found the act 1 finale beautiful/heartbreaking??

editing again, whats your fav song? i cant choose!

Updated On: 8/29/05 at 11:12 PM

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#10re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:16pm

I found it SO beautiful AND heartbreaking at the same time. It was a fantastic Act I closer.

awkward.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#11re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:18pm

I just love how I can see Ashley Tuttle on stage again, along with Keith Roberts, when it's not their days off. They are legendary ballet dancers, and it's nice to see them dancing again.

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#12re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:19pm

i loved it.

YankeesFan175
#13re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:21pm

HA, im glad all of you agree.

TOTAL MOVERS: 8

keep talking, weve gotta keep this thread alive, lol. god im strange! (nah, i just love the idea of possibly starting a BWW fan club of a show)

Updated On: 8/29/05 at 11:21 PM

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#14re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:22pm

I'd so become a 'MOVER'.lol. My favorite number(s) would be Num.25 (the mix of river of dreams/Only the good die young/keeping the faith)Oh and Angry young man! I love the piano at the begining!

YankeesFan175
#15re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:24pm

i too love the angry young man piano solo, jeremykushnier1fan. and i really hope to catch it again in toronto. if you can, go on tuesday, thursday, friday, saturdayevenings or sunday matinee to see darren holden singing. hes amazing!!

PS- how come the all shook up thread gets like 20 responses instantly?

Updated On: 8/29/05 at 11:24 PM

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#16re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:28pm

I haven't seen it, but I really love the cast recording. I wish I could see it!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#17re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:59pm

This is one show that should be preserved on DVD. It's an original.

gavrochegirl
#18re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 12:09am

Me! I love Movin' Out! re: calling all movin out fans!! And whoever said Movin' Out was a soundtrack...it's called a cast recording...

What the puck?!

YankeesFan175
#19re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 12:15am

yay all movers! i will be so mad if it closes to make way for tarzan, and tarzan ends up closing in like 2 months, it will have been kicked out for nothing!! oy. disney is a monopoly!! (half of this post was a shameless bump-no pun intended on shameless there, hehe)

Updated On: 8/30/05 at 12:15 AM

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#20re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 12:19am

4 times wasn't enough for me =( i LOVE this show! i've been a billy joel fan for years, and a theatre geek, so this show is pretty close to my ideal.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

melinda2 Profile Photo
melinda2
#21re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 8:35am

Movin' Out is different and that's what makes it so great. The dance is amazing and the band are awesome. The new pianoman on the tour, James Fox is proving to be a real new talent too. Catch it if you can!

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#22re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 8:39am

Don't love "Movin Out" much but I'm loving me some Twyla after her visit two weeks ago.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#23re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 8:55am

I liked the show a lot when I saw it -good stuff.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

BoxFive Profile Photo
BoxFive
#24re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 9:59am

I was quite happy with how they incorporated the dancing with Joel's music, a real creative suprise.

Unfledge them of their...perriwigs, And they appear like bald-cootes, in the nest. Beaumont, Knt. Malta, (1616).

Videos