pixeltracker

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....- Page 4

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....

farfrombway
#75re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 11:46am

Good morning! I love telling people my theatre expierences and love to hear other's peoples expierences. It lets me know that other people feel strongly about things to. How I pulled off having dinner with a cast member? It's a looong story but I will try and make it short. I had seen this actress a few times and she had met me before. I took a risk and ask if she wanted to have a cup of coffee. She said yes and she came into the coffee shop and asked my friends and I if we wanted to have dinner instead. I guess sometimes when you hope for things long enough it eventually happens.
Updated On: 10/16/05 at 11:46 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#76re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 11:53am

Nevermind.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 10/16/05 at 11:53 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#77re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 12:24pm

jasonf --- I thought your posts were very funny.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#78re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 4:39pm

Thank you best12bars -- I have more, but I'll post them when I have a little bit more free time - I have a huge stack of papers I need to get graded and really shouldn't even be on here right now as it is.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

DoctorBroadway Profile Photo
DoctorBroadway
#79re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 4:50pm

I resent that remark.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#80re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/17/05 at 6:33pm

I'm back with 20 more....

51) You stay away from all "weird or exotic" plants...just in case

52) Your idea of rebelling is dropping the "h" from your name.

53) You can't hear Moonlight Sonata without singing "You know something, Schroder..."

54) You've actually made a list of the other 97 ways to lose a man

55) You have an irrational fear of "being" the bunny that makes you runaway, runaway!

56) You believe "I Believe My Own Eyes" should be played on all classic rock stations.

57) You KNOW that Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet were not at the sinking of the Titanic, but David Garrison, Brian D'arcy James, and Michael Cerveris were (you're kind of iffy about Victor Garber...)

5re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when.... You've ever gone into a garden and commented that it was wick.

59) You can't listen to Roar of the Greasepaint...without thinking how odd it is that Captain Hook is singing with Little Chap.

60) You've ever timed yourself doing something, then did it again quickly, and beamed at the time you saved.

61) After a long day of work you talk about how the "big son of a (INTAKE OF BREATH) hurts the most"

62) Except for big scary guys named after Tennessee cities, you tend to think that most whores and pimps are pretty nice people who're just waiting for someday...(SUCKERS!)

63) No matter what, you will NEVER spend a summer in Ohio.

64) When you got angry at a friend, instead of saying you wanted to kill them, you suggested they go find a big ass rock.

65) You've actually had a debate over whether or not the snake in Eden was In Pursuit of Excellence or just pushing some Forbidden Fruit.

66) You CAN spell cow.

67) You've been in a position where you're scared and you sang either "I Whistle a Happy Tune," "My Favorite Things," or "I'm the Bravest Individual" and you instantly felt better.

6re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when.... You desperately want to know what lessons 1-7 were.

69) You have absolutely no idea what a beetle nut is, but you know if you ever had to try one you would have some pepsodent on hand.

70) The only time in your entire life you've been "going on" to the next age was at sixteen, and then at seventeen - and seventeen felt so MATURE!

nychick9876 Profile Photo
nychick9876
#81re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/17/05 at 7:32pm

"When you run into a Broadway actor going about their everyday life, then call your best friend and say "You will not beleive who I just saw!"
...and you go up and talk to them.

71) you carry around sharpies and Cast Recording inserts-in case you run into your favorite actors.

72) feel satisfied that you have mentioned Broadway actors' names so often that your non-broadway friends now know who you are talking about when you use their first names

73) instead of listening to "normal music" in your car, you blast OBCR and sing every part, changing facial expressions for each character.

wow i do so many of these!

sometimes i think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams- the elephant man

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#82re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/17/05 at 7:59pm

"When you run into a Broadway actor going about their everyday life, then call your best friend and say "You will not beleive who I just saw!"

I did this twice this past weekend. Max von Essen walking through Chelsea (nearly walked into a pole doing a double-take) and Karmine Alers on the subway. Of course, my friend was like "Um, ok, who?" and I had to go into a lengthy discussion of when I had mentioned these people to her before.

-You have a category on your buddy list for other fans you've met at stage doors.

-You go make trips NYC specifically for the purpose of seeing shows. When other people ask what you're doing there and you say seeing Show X, they respond "Is that the only reason?"

-Actors you meet at the stagedoor are shocked to hear how many times you've seen the show.

-You can take any movie, TV show, whatever, and some how connect it back to a musical through the actors. Kind of like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding finding the Greek root of any word.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

#83re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/17/05 at 8:03pm

when your friends, who do musical theatre, tell you to stop singing showtunes

farfrombway
#84re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 1:01am

LOL! Jasonf you are to funny.
1. You see Hairspray on Broadway go to the stage get autographs. Then walk over to the Lunt and see if any Beauty actors come out the stage door. You go as far to pick up an abadoned program!
2. You know if your favorite Broadway show ever closed you would be comatose for a day at the least!
3. Bus drivers see you and ask how you liked the show!
4. At your dentists office everyone working there asks about whats playing around the area and what's on Broadway!
5. Someone wants to ask you about a show and can't remember the name or who was in it. Yet somehow you know exactly what show there talking about.
6. You have dinner with an actress. She says a friend of it hers is in a show and you know who. You shock the heck out of them buy saying who it is!
7. You pick out a hotel in NYC based on "Old fashioned wedding" from Annie Get Your Gun.

BSoBW2
#85re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 1:07am

"4. At your dentists office everyone working there asks about whats playing around the area and what's on Broadway!"

This is seriously true for me. I have no idea how or why!

farfrombway
#86re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 1:13am

I don't know why either. But it's pretty funny and very flattering.

musicnmath
#87re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 11:07am

...You see a summer production of Hamlet and think the "What a piece of work is man" speech lacks a little...melody. So you sing quietly under your breath re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....

farfrombway
#88re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 11:22am

1. You can almost hear Broadway calling your name!
2. You don't want kids of your own but you do want to be like the eccentric Aunt in Pamela's first musical.
3. You see Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby with a good friend. The best part isn't the show. It's the look of awe on your friend's face cause she's never been so close to the stage before.
4. Whenever your at the stage door you get an image of Dorothy waiting outside the gates to the emerald city.
5. You hope for rain so you can have any excuse to think of Gene Kelly.
6. You long for the day when you can say Let's get some helium ballons and sing songs from the Wizard of Oz and instead of everyone looking at your funny. Everyone gets up and goes with you to find helium and some ballons!

amcchemist Profile Photo
amcchemist
#89re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 12:18pm

You decide to adjust your travel plans to arrive a day late to a business meeting you HAVE to attend just to make sure you don't miss the production of Les Mis when it comes to town. When asked about why you will be late, you just say that you had a conflict for the previous day that could not be changed. Just did that today!

ozdustgirl2 Profile Photo
ozdustgirl2
#90re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:18pm

I agree, I am just reading and shaking my head in laughter.

Some of mine...

See a show twice in the same day RENT

straight and love musical theather

Walked into Barnes and Noble to get my RENT MOVIE soundtrack and could tell the girl working there more about the cd and when it was supposed to be out then she knew

go to NYC for 2 days and see 3 shows

Have your parents take you to NYC for your graduation present.

Only think about how to get back to the city to see as many shows as possible.

The only music you listen to is from your favorite musicals

Try and go to the CMA awards in NYC this year just for the tickets to the Broadway show

Beg your Mom to go to a Dental conference in NYC so you can go with her and see as many shows as possible.

Your sister and her fiance buy you a poster and then take you to the stage door just to get your favorite actresses signtaure one more time.

You wish you could be on Broadway but you cant sing, act or dance

You are a farm girl who hates cities except for NYC just to see the shows.

you beg that every present you get is a ticket to a show

you actually thought about going to NYU just to be in the city to go to shows all the time

"There are times when were dirt broke, and hungry and freezing and I ask myself why the hell am I still living here?...And then they call!" ~ Mark Cohen RENT movie
Updated On: 10/18/05 at 03:18 PM

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#91re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:36pm

Thought of a few more on the way home from work today:

71) In church or temple you have a strange affinity for the stories of Adam and Eve, Noah, Joseph, and King David.

72)You read that last one and thought "This is a goddamn children's show! WHERE'S MY SON!?"

73) You'll recoginze the next section as a three part mini-opera (or 13, depending on your arithmetic)

74) You ask yourself on a Saturday night: What should I do tonight, alone?

75) You go to the racetrack, smack your program before placing a bet, and then discuss with your friends in counterpoint about how you "have the horse right here."

76) When the race starts you yell "And they're off!"

77) When Paul Revere isn't in the lead you lean over the railing and yell "Move your bloomin' arse!"

7re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....Even after the race, you're SHOCKED that they sit down RIGHT ON THE HORSE...and then tell a joke from Captain Billy's Whiz-Bang to cheer yourself up (oh, you got trouble!)

79) On the way home from the track, you convince yourself that having nothing's plenty for you.

80) You choose to believe that love makes the world go round, not money as some fey cabaret emcees would have you believe.

81) To try to help matters, you try to pick a pocket or two

82) You get caught, (by Officers Lockstock and Barrell, of course), and thrown in jail with either a homophobic rebel or a gay window dresser (depending on which type of man you are) or a merry murderess (if you're a woman) as your cellmate.

83)You finally get set F-R-E-E (no, the long way) on a lovely day to be out of jail.

84) You take a deep breath of air-- and begin choking on the carbon dioxide and sulfur monoxide.

85) Because you're alone, you go to the drive-in movie and wail about unsteamed windows and speaker knobs.

86) You return home where the floor creaks and the door squeaks...

87) You ask yourself: Where is love? and the whole damn cycle starts all over again.

Whew -- only 13 more to go....

calexan
#92re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/20/05 at 11:43am

....seeing Brooke Shields in Cabaret is not enough, and you later feel compelled to pluck down your hard-earned money to see the Debbie Gibson version as well. Or maybe that makes me a deranged Debbie Gibson fan.

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#93re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/20/05 at 4:29pm

"You're willing to pay a lot of money to see a rehearsal of a benefit concert."

That one is definitely me. Also...

- when most people are reading the news in the paper or online first thing in the morning, you reading Playbill.com news instead.

- when people at a theatre box office know your name because you've been there so many times

- when you get a phone call from the theatre box office and they tell you that the show is closing before it's even hit the news and they help you arrange your many ticket orders so you can still see the show the same number of times if it wasn't closing AND they offer you amazing orchestra seats for the last performance of the show.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#94re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/20/05 at 7:39pm

here are mine:

~when someone starts judging you on a bus from a church trip, you start talking back saying about log in your eyes.

~You go through motions of Church Rulez during church

~One word can start you off on a song or a quote

~You're at work where you babysit a bunch of little kids and you're playing coloring book and you find a seseme street coloring book and start coloring burt and ernie and the kids yell at you cuz you're coloring them the wrong color

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#95re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/20/05 at 8:12pm

wow. most of those are so true. Here are mine:

~Actually reading this whole thread (usually just read the first page of a thread and leave).
~Watch the DRS performance at the Tony awards almost everynight on the computer.
~Have a special buddy list for BWW friends
~straight and love musical theatre
~Recognize Jeffrey Lane (wrote the book for DRS) behind the DRS table at the flea market, got his autograph and a free pin.

i might think of others later.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~
Updated On: 10/20/05 at 08:12 PM

bwaylvsong
#96re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/21/05 at 5:43pm

Everything reminds you of a musical
For example:

Mike Piazza= LITP
spam= Spamalot
lamest= Les Miz

and any other word or name

farfrombway
#97re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/23/05 at 11:15am

A few more.
1. Your in a semi serious car accident. Bad enough to prevent you from driving for a looong time. The only thought in your head besides "Oh crap I am gonna die!" is...... "I am never going to see Beauty and the Beast again!"
2. A very good friend sit you down with a very serious look and you think she has some horrible news. She says I am sorry but I won't be seeing Beauty and the Beast anymore. Your annoyed at her for making you think someone died or something. At the same time your thinking but you have only seen it three times!!!!
3. You want to go to see a show again so bad you bug everyone you know to see it with you even the people you know don't like musicals very much.
4. When your little sister can't annoy you any other way. She says theatre and musicals are a waste of time. When you defend your love of the theatre it ends with your little sister throwing something at you and one parent sending her to her room. You think it's funny cause you just saw Little Women and were trying really hard to be nice.
5. You keep hoping for any excuse to use a theatre quote. When you finally get to it makes your day.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#98re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/23/05 at 2:51pm

using the phrase "No. Really?? Nooooooooo." in the same whiny voice that Norbert Leo Butz uses in DRS almost everyday when something is cancelled.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#99re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/28/05 at 4:39pm

bump.

-Dre-

~Curtains~

~A Tale of Two Cities ~