pixeltracker

Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest

Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest

HeyJayNYC Profile Photo
HeyJayNYC
#0Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/15/05 at 7:04pm

Has anyone ventured out to White Plains yet to see the new Kathie Lee Gifford penned "Saving Aimee" starring Carolee Carmello (sp) formerly of "Mamma Mia"? I hear very good things and am going on Wednesday. Will it make it to Off Broadway or Broadway? I hope so.
Any comments?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/15/05 at 7:05pm

Isn't it "Hurricane Aimee?"

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/15/05 at 7:05pm

Yes, Hurricane Aimee.

HeyJayNYC Profile Photo
HeyJayNYC
#3re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/16/05 at 8:28am

They changed the name a few weeks ago to "Saving Aimee". It opened this week.

AuditioningWaitress
#4re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/16/05 at 2:22pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing this...Love Carolee...Wish I could get up to White Plains...I wonder why they changed the title though...

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#5re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/16/05 at 3:07pm

They changed it because they felt it was too soon after Hurricane Katrina to have a show with "Hurricane" in the title.

AuditioningWaitress
#6re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/16/05 at 3:09pm

Thanks...I never even thought about that...Totally understand now.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/16/05 at 3:10pm

I was wondering about that. Smart choice.

Carolee = Genius.

samarag1
#8re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/19/05 at 2:46am

I really liked it- i totally expected not to...but Aimee is a really interesting person and story, and i have to say that Kathie Lee did a good job...dont jump on me for saying that- but people jump on hating her for her- and its not bad...

Carolee is AMAZING- not just her usually amazing self- but a hugely demanding and she sings and acts the shizzle out of it!

the cast is GREAT! the direction is great with great use of stage, lights, i LOVED the costume concept!

i have been terribly bored at a lot of what is on b'way at the moment...though the show is VERY ballad heavy- maybe too much...ok not maybe...TOO much...

i have also heard some complaints about it being too preachy or "jesus-y"- i am jewish, and it felt liek any other story to me...maybe because i am not caught up in the "reality' of the subject- but i find this Aimee very interesting-

for what it was i enoyed it and well worth the $38 ticket! if you can get out to white plains to see it this weekend- i think its worth checking out-

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#9re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/19/05 at 6:17am

I was offered comps but I really don't have the time or energy to go to White Plains, even though I'm a rabid Carolee fan.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#10re: Saving Aimee - Kathie Lee Gifford's Latest
Posted: 10/19/05 at 9:59am

I was there on Sunday and *loved* it. Honestly, I thought I was going to hate it. Kathie Lee was in the lobby greeting everyone as we walked in...looking great. The music was fabulous, the book was solid, the lyrics were much better than those of In My Life. (not saying much, i know)

Carolee was wonderful as always. I am such a huge fan of hers. She portrayed Aimee Semple McPherson perfectly. Other standouts were Aisha De Haas, fresh from Caroline, or Change. She had some excellent songs and really commanded the stage. I was also happy to see Florence Lacey on the stage. Her voice is still wonderful and her acting...perfect.

After the show, Kathie Lee did mention she has plans to bring the show to broadway. Honestly, it is a better show than some of the crap on broadway I've seen recently. I hope the show makes it to broadway and it succeeds. Great job Kathie Lee and to the entire cast!

Videos