RENT commercial

today4u:proofpositiv
#0RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:10pm

alrite, i admit it. I'm a sucker for reality tv. So i was watching The Biggest Loser and then there was a commrcial for the RENT movie!! Did anybody else see this? Anyone record it? Has this been discussed already?

#1re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:15pm

sorry, this is thread jacking, but i have been seein rent posters all over LA! wooo!
anyone else?
(:

#2re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:22pm

LOL!! but seriously has anyone seen this?? i no i wasnt imagining it.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#3re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:23pm

Yeah, slight jack as well, but I saw Elizabethtown in my local movie theatre last night and as I walked out I found myself face to face w/ the Rent "poster"--you know on the side of the walls of movie to let you know what's coming soon? It was huge, all shined up the way those thingies are, I was soo excited, I squealed and took a pic(have 30 pics to waste on a camera, it felt right)

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#4re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:24pm

I saw it and started yelling snd crying...which caused my roommate to look at me like she wanted to get me in a straightjacket! Haha it was awesome though!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

Kelsey
#5re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:25pm

No, you weren't. I saw it, too.

Best 30 seconds-1 minute of my life. Seriously.

I love you, Reality TV. Always and forever.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:30pm

I saw the last half. My mom called me to tell me it was on.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#7re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 10:46pm

oooh emcee i liket he avatar.. yummy

luvtheEmcee
#8re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 10:49pm

Thank you!

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#9re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/18/05 at 11:34pm

I missed it! I was watching the amazing race. WHich trailer was it?
Updated On: 10/18/05 at 11:34 PM

cudramacat
#10re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 7:29am

Are you kidding me? I never watch the Biggest Loser but had it on last night but apparently not while this commercial aired....ggrr! Hopefully they'll repeat it several times.

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#11re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 11:25am

I COULD have seen the commerical but since Today4you:positiveproof DIDN'T called me in time!

WHO CALLS ME WHEN THE COMMERICAL IS OVER!

...my mom said she supposedly turned up the tv really loud when it came on hoping i would hear...Why didn't she just tell me?!

I cried over this all night until i finally saw it around 11:07 p.m.

#12re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 7:15pm

Kitkatt- I don't think it was any of the trailers, it was something new. They didn't play all of SOL only the chorus afew times, and there was a bit of new videofootage.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#13re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 7:31pm

i wish they would put up clips online! as soon as anyone sees that - post it up here!

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#14re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:08pm

One Tree Hill (on 8pm on the WB) is brought to you tonight by RENT. The first commercial break already had the commercial, but whenever a show is brough to you by something, they usually play it more than once. It amy be the first time ever I'm not annoyed seeing the same commercial over and over again through a show.

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#15re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:08pm

One Tree Hill on channel 11 (in NY) was "brought to you by the new motion picture Rent" and then they showed the trailer. It was the first for me seeing it on a screen other then the computer screen and it was amazing!

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

luvtheEmcee
#17re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:13pm

I think I'm going to watch it. I want to see the whole thing.

surefinewhatever Profile Photo
surefinewhatever
#18re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:15pm

yea. . . i just saw it on one tree hill also!

" I don't cause commotions, I am one."

ProducersFan
#19re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:15pm

My roomie watches One Tree Hill and she yelled out "The Rent trailer is on tv!" and I went dashing into the room. re: RENT commercial Of course we both sang along. This was also my first time seeing it on anything bigger than the computer so it was fantastic.

Oh I'm so excited! Plus my mom sent me my Mark scarf today. re: RENT commercial

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#20re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 11:05pm

Saw the commercial on Law and Order tonight. I think it may have been the same commercial that was on Nip/Tuck, but shortened.

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#21re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/19/05 at 11:20pm

ahh thats depresses me, I was watching TV all night and I didn't see it. Its exciting that they're already showing the trailer on TV though.

cbreining2
#22re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/20/05 at 11:00am

They showed is last night on NBC during "Law & Order" -- very cool! can't WAIT to see the movie.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#23re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/20/05 at 11:03am

I was coming home from the Airport last night in Los Angeles, and all there, all over a construction site wall, were posters for the rent movie. I almost made the cab stop so I could grab a few off of the wall!

Miki
#24re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/20/05 at 2:19pm

I haven't seen any posters in LA yet re: RENT commercial

Musical Reviews & Profiles: www.girlcentric.com

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#25re: RENT commercial
Posted: 10/20/05 at 3:22pm

There were in Sepulveda Blvd, in Westchester, just a little North of LAX, on the east side of the street. There is construction going on there, and Shazam - there the posters were, up on the wall outside of the construction zone. Again, I had to fight the urge to tear a few down and take them home while the cab waited for me.

Seeing them on the way home was about the only good thing associated with going to Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Videos