pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 190

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

Hamilfan2
#4725Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 11:30am

Has anyone heard back from Betsy Wolfe at Waitress?  I sent her something a little while ago (about a month ago) and haven't heard back yet.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#4726Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 11:38am

I've been meaning to write to Betsy for awhile now, but have always gotten distracted by something or another.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#4727Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 11:56am

Moriah3 said: "My husband got a playbill back today from Come From Away and he can't figure out which signatures are Kendra Kassebaum and Chad Kimball's. Does anyone have a picture to see which one is which. Also he wants a playbill for On Your Feet. Is it to late to send something out to ask for one? "

The one on the left in the A is Chad, the one on the right in the M is Kendra

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

The image doesn't seem to be working so you can see it at this link http://imgur.com/a/6L2dm

Updated On: 8/3/17 at 11:56 AM

BroadwayRox3588
#4728Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 1:53pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Has anyone written to Mamie Parris in Cats? I wrote to her back in early(ish) June, and haven't gotten a reply. And one of my friends got a reply from her today. Happy for my friend, but at the same time...well dang.

Anyway...has anyone else here written to her recently?

"

So...by funny coincidence, I actually heard back from her today!

Let me see if it works again. This guy I know won a million bucks in the Lottery today. Happy for the guy, but at the same time...well dang.

SarahNYC2
#4729Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 4:08pm

I'm confused-personally I wouldn't send anything to the actors/actresses in a show. I am actually considering writing a note to the cast of Come From Away just because it is so incredible in some many ways. I would not expect/want anything back.

But why do people send questionnaires? I can't imagine if I got that that I would do any more than dump it in the trash.

CoolDogeGuy Profile Photo
CoolDogeGuy
#4730Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 4:18pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "gleek4114 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Has anyone written to Mamie Parris in Cats? I wrote to her back in early(ish) June, and haven't gotten a reply. And one of my friends got a reply from her today. Happy for my friend, but at the same time...well dang.

Anyway...has anyone else here written to her recently?

"

I wrote her a few weeks ago! I heard back pretty fast. She signed my SOR playbill with her u/s slip (I saw her and not Sierra), and she sent me a Cats playbill signed, and she signed by Cats LOB card, and included a sweet note thanking me for my letter.

"

Well dang... Guess I f****d up.

"

I don't think you f***** up. The same thing has happened to me. I've sent to Josh Groban (in March), Ariana DeBose (in May), Jake Gyllenhaal (in April right before the show closed), and Annaleigh Ashford (same with Jake) and I have yet to hear from all of them. You just have to remember that Broadway actors & actresses go through a lot most days and don't have time to read letters, answer questionnaires, and to sign Playbills, LoB cards or photos most of the time. You'll just have to wait for it (HAMILTON REFERENCE). 

HELLO PEOPLE! :D

CoolDogeGuy
#4731Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 4:30pm

SarahNYC2 said: "I'm confused-personally I wouldn't send anything to the actors/actresses in a show. I am actually considering writing a note to the cast of Come From Away just because it is so incredible in some many ways. I would not expect/want anything back.

But why do people send questionnaires? I can't imagine if I got that that I would do any more than dump it in the trash.

"

People want to know people more. I send questionnaires to get to know my favorite Broadway actors and actresses more. And plus, it's a privilege. If you didn't notice, it doesn't cost ANY money (well, except for the stamps) to ask for a signed Playbill or whatever for MOST shows. Only 8 Broadway shows are asking for $10-100 BC/EFA donations just for a cast-signed Playbill. 15 of them don't. Playbills don't just tell you info, they're a special souvenir to keep to remember that show during it's run or after it's closing. Basically, people send questionnaires or ask a cast or an individual person to sign something because it's free. Free is good. And you don't have to ask for anything. Many people do because it's a free privilege. And if you were sent fan mail by ONE OF YOUR FANS, why would you do something like that? It would be incredibly rude to dump someone's fan mail that they TOOK TIME to arrange and put in the envelope.

SarahNYC2
#4732Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/3/17 at 10:58pm

People want to know people more. I send questionnaires to get to know my favorite Broadway actors and actresses more. And plus, it's a privilege. If you didn't notice, it doesn't cost ANY money (well, except for the stamps) to ask for a signed Playbill or whatever for MOST shows. Only 8 Broadway shows are asking for $10-100 BC/EFA donations just for a cast-signed Playbill. 15 of them don't. Playbills don't just tell you info, they're a special souvenir to keep to remember that show during it's run or after it's closing. Basically, people send questionnaires or ask a cast or an individual person to sign something because it's free. Free is good. And you don't have to ask for anything. Many people do because it's a free privilege. And if you were sent fan mail by ONE OF YOUR FANS, why would you do something like that? It would be incredibly rude to dump someone's fan mail that they TOOK TIME to arrange and put in the envelope.

Ok let me be clear-if I was an actor/actress I would not dump notes/gifts in the garbage. Maybe food because in today's world I wouldn't accept food from anyone I didn't know unless it was sent via a store. Being me I would probably write a note back if I could and sign playbills.

But a questionnaire? I can't imagine sitting down and answering questions from someone I didn't know. Anyway if people send them that's fine-I just don't get it. But I don't get the stage door either. I go to a lot of theater, and love seeing the actors/actresses perform but have no need for anything from them.

CoolDogeGuy
#4733Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 1:27am

SarahNYC2 said: "

Ok let me be clear-if I was an actor/actress I would not dump notes/gifts in the garbage. Maybe food because in today's world I wouldn't accept food from anyone I didn't know unless it was sent via a store. Being me I would probably write a note back if I could and sign playbills.

But a questionnaire? I can't imagine sitting down and answering questions from someone I didn't know. Anyway if people send them that's fine-I just don't get it. But I don't get the stage door either. I go to a lot of theater, and love seeing the actors/actresses perform but have no need for anything from them.

"

Well, as long as the questions in the questionnaire aren't overly personal, it's ok. If they are, that actor / actress might keep your questionnaire and give you something else instead. And it's the same thing for the stage door. Except, it's in person. Stage dooring is a privilege too, but many people abuse it. That's why Brendon Urie isn't stage dooring anymore. And that's probably why many people decide to ask to sign things by mail instead.

CoolDogeGuy
#4734Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 1:32am

Received cast-signed Playbills from On Your Feet! (Normal Yellow Playbill dated August 2016) and A Doll's House, Part 2 (Pride Playbill dated June 2017) today! And for the curious, the ADH Playbill was signed by Jayne Houdyshell, Laurie Metcalf, Condola Rashad, and Chris Cooper. Not the current cast.

On Your Feet! took 11 days (the fastest fan mail I've ever gotten) and ADH took 3 weeks and 6 days.

Check the pictures and other Playbills I've gotten here: https://cdgfanmail.tumblr.com/

And if you need help with address and how to write them correctly, check out my other Tumblr blog here: https://bwayaddresses.tumblr.com/

Updated On: 8/4/17 at 01:32 AM

muellermagic
#4735Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 4:46am

Anybody knows whether Christy Altomare replies or not? I have seen Anastasia but I was unable to stage door so I have been thinking about sending a fanmail.

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#4736Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 1:39pm

Anyone know if Patti Lupone replies? Thinking of writing to her, but didn't know if I'd get a response. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Melanie73
#4737Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 3:33pm

Christy Altomare is, out of all the Broadway performers I know of, the absolute most dedicated to her fans.  She blocks out several hours of almost every day to reply to fanmail and tweets, etc. from fans!  She definitely replies to all pieces of fanmail she receives, and her responses are always personal and heartfelt -- and sent back in ridiculously good time! 

BroadwayRox3588
#4738Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 3:39pm

Melanie73 said: "Christy Altomare is, out of all the Broadway performers I know of, the absolute most dedicated to her fans.  She blocks out several hours of almost every day to reply to fanmail and tweets, etc. from fans!  She definitely replies to all pieces of fanmail she receives, and her responses are always personal and heartfelt -- and sent back in ridiculously good time! 

"

I absolutely second this. I've written to Christy twice, and have received two very personal replies back, both took only a couple weeks. Both included words of encouragement, and life advice. Christy is truly second to none when it comes to being there for her fans.

Updated On: 8/4/17 at 03:39 PM

CoolDogeGuy
#4739Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/4/17 at 6:07pm

I received a cast-signed Playbill from Soulpepper on 42nd Street's Spoon River and 2 signed Playbills from Brendon Urie today!

I sent a letter & S.A.S.E. for both on July 24, 2017, and got it back today (August 4, 2017). Both took 12 days to come. Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

CoolDogeGuy
#4740Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/5/17 at 1:12am

Just sent letters and SASEs to The Play That Goes Wrong, The Phantom of the Opera, and Eva Noblezada. Can't wait to get a response! Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

Melanie73
#4741Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/5/17 at 8:18pm

CoolDogeGuy said: "Just sent letters and SASEs to The Play That Goes Wrong, The Phantom of the Opera, and Eva Noblezada. Can't wait to get a response! Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

"

If you don't mind, what address did you use for PTGW? I'm a bit confused what the address is, since the stage door is on the opposite side of the block.  Thanks so much!

CoolDogeGuy
#4742Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/6/17 at 5:46pm

Melanie73 said: "CoolDogeGuy said: "Just sent letters and SASEs to The Play That Goes Wrong, The Phantom of the Opera, and Eva Noblezada. Can't wait to get a response! Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

"

If you don't mind, what address did you use for PTGW? I'm a bit confused what the address is, since the stage door is on the opposite side of the block.  Thanks so much!

"

I used this address:

Cast of The Play That Goes Wrong
c/o The Play That Goes Wrong
Lyceum Theatre
149 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036

irishgator1
#4743Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/7/17 at 3:13pm

Wow! Just received a signed Bandstand Playbill back from Laura Osnes in either 6 or 7 days (can't remember if I sent her a request last Monday or Tuesday)!

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#4744Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 2:58am

If you ask for a signed playbill should you send money? If so, how much?

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#4745Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/9/17 at 1:19pm

Has anyone used DHL/Fedex/UPS to send fan mail? Comet is closing soon and since I don't live in the US, my stuff wouldn't make it there in time. Do you think that's a good alternative?

CoolDogeGuy
#4746Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/10/17 at 2:24am

non-stop26 said: "If you ask for a signed playbill should you send money? If so, how much?

"

Not all shows ask for BC/EFA donations. The shows that ask for donations are:

Groundhog Day ($40-50)

Miss Saigon ($100) [CLOSING JAN 14, 2018]

Hello, Dolly! ($50)

Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 ($100) [CLOSING SEPT 3]

A Bronx Tale ($25)

Anastasia ($10-20)

Dear Evan Hansen, including asking for signed Playbills from cast members ($75)

1984 ($20)

The shows that I do know that DON'T ask for donations are:

A Doll's House, Part 2 (CLOSING JAN 7, 201Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

War Paint

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

On Your Feet! (CLOSING AUG 20)

Cats (CLOSING DEC 30)

The Book of Mormon

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

Wicked

Kinky Boots

The Lion King

The Phantom of the Opera

Aladdin

Come From Away

Waitress

Bandstand

The Play That Goes Wrong

School of Rock - The Musical

The Terms of My Surrender

Puffs (CLOSING JAN 14, 201???????Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

ALL Off-Broadway shows also!

But for Marvin's Room, I'm not sure if they ask for donations. I'm planning to send to them so I'll let you know! ???????Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

Updated On: 8/10/17 at 02:24 AM

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#4747Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/10/17 at 7:21am

CoolDogeGuy said: "non-stop26 said: "If you ask for a signed playbill should you send money? If so, how much?

"

Not all shows ask for BC/EFA donations. The shows that ask for donations are:

actually I recently heard back from Kinky Boots and they are now asking for a 25 dollar donation. But they did send me an unsigned playbill

Groundhog Day ($40-50)

Miss Saigon ($100) [CLOSING JAN 14, 2018]

Hello, Dolly! ($50)

Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 ($100) [CLOSING SEPT 3]

A Bronx Tale ($25)

Anastasia ($10-20)

Dear Evan Hansen, including asking for signed Playbills from cast members ($75)

1984 ($20)

The shows that I do know that DON'T ask for donations are:

A Doll's House, Part 2 (CLOSING JAN 7, 201Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

War Paint

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

On Your Feet! (CLOSING AUG 20)

Cats (CLOSING DEC 30)

The Book of Mormon

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

Wicked

Kinky Boots

The Lion King

The Phantom of the Opera

Aladdin

Come From Away

Waitress

Bandstand

The Play That Goes Wrong

School of Rock - The Musical

The Terms of My Surrender

Puffs (CLOSING JAN 14, 201???????Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

ALL Off-Broadway shows also!

But for Marvin's Room, I'm not sure if they ask for donations. I'm planning to send to them so I'll let you know! ???????Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

"

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#4748Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:38pm

Thanks so much! Who should I send the letter to to ask for a signed playbill? And should I send a SASE (if so how big)?

CoolDogeGuy
#4749Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:14am

non-stop26 said: "Thanks so much! Who should I send the letter to to ask for a signed playbill? And should I send a SASE (if so how big)?

"

If you want a cast-signed one, you can either ask the Stage Manager and address it as "ATTN: Stage Manager" OR ask the cast and address it as "Cast of _______________".

If you want an individual cast member to sign a Playbill, address it like this:

(AN EXAMPLE BTW)

Eva Noblezada
Broadway Theatre Stage Door
1681 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

OR

Eva Noblezada
c/o Miss Saigon
The Broadway Theatre
1681 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

And DEFINITELY YES TO THE SECOND QUESTION!!!! If you don't send a S.A.S.E., you probably won't get anything back. And the size of the S.A.S.E. needs to be 6x9. I normally get them from the dollar store or from my mom's workplace.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!