pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 8

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

mijofly19
#175re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 7/31/06 at 6:55pm

Patti replied to me in two weeks!

I sent a letter and a SASE to Greg in the middle of April, and got a signed headshot back in the beginning of June. I hope he didn't lose your letter. His website now lists a new address, so you might want to try again here:

http://www.gregoryjbara.com/contact.html

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#176re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 7/31/06 at 6:58pm

I have about 30 signed headshots, and have received about 40 more signed Playbills via the mail. I will one day make a list of all of them but, wayyy too lazy.

Random: What is the address for the Marquis stage door?

SweetQintheLights
#177re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 7/31/06 at 7:37pm

I would like to write to Adam Pascal and get a signed headshot. On www.fanmail.biz it says to write to an address in NYC. Anybody know anything different since he is in Cali now?

Liz-

Marquis Theatre Stage Door
1535 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

SweetQintheLights
#178re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 1:50pm

Never lose hope!

11 months after I sent Barrett Foa a letter and SASE, I recieved a signed headshot and a responce to my letter (on my letter.)
I asked him some questions in my letter and mentioned somethings and he drew arrows from my questions/comments and responded- very cute re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?

And again, if anyone knows- please help!
I would like to write to Adam Pascal and get a signed headshot. On www.fanmail.biz it says to write to an address in NYC. Anybody know anything different since he is in Cali now?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#179re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 2:23pm

cheyenne jackson
matthew morrison
adam pascal
sutton foster
kerry butler
christina fadale

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

MjwTtLvr29
#180re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 5:01pm

I've gotten stuff back from Harvey Fierstein and Eden Espinosa.

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#181re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 5:53pm

i recently had 2 great photos personalized from Kristy Cates, 1 from Nancy Cartwright (which took 5 months) and a nice signed card from Christianne Tisdale (great to talk to on email). wonder if anyone can help, could anyone tell me how long these following people take to respond to requests please?;

Idina Menzel - (bare in mind i sent a letter to the Theatre in London where shes starring in WICKED again_
Kristin Chenoweth
Michelle Federer
Stephanie J.Block
Kate Reinders
Jenna Leigh Green
Carol Kane
Sarah Litzsinger

I'm just wondering because I live in the UK and I don;t know how long US post takes to arrive in the UK by Airmail.

1 more question, does anyone know where i can send a letter to Megan Hilty?

Thanks

SweetQintheLights
#182re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 7:29pm

mikey- you can't predict airmail but I'd say 7-10 days.
But, then again, they may not send it back right away- or even for a few months.

You put enough stamps on the SASE hopefully because it costs more to send across seas.

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#183re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 10:04pm

I have never sent a letter, and I think I may send one soon. But do you just say, "Oh and can I have a signed headshot?" Doesn't that seem rude? Or do they just know to do that?

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#184re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 10:26pm

^ ditto the above.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#185re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 10:27pm

im sending letters to Sutton Foster and Beth Leavel tomorrow! Does anyone know how long it usually takes for both of them to respond?

Thanks

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#186re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 10:54pm

I don't see why it would be. You're sending it to his handlers, not his home address. It still had to be forwarded to him when he lived in NY, so him moving shouldn't make a difference.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

glindaberry
#187re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:25pm

I've gotten signed pictures/headshots from...

Megan Hilty x2
Eden Espinosa
Jesse L. Martin
Patti LuPone
Rachel McAdams
Annaleigh Ashford (Wicked Tour Glinda understudy)
&& Kristy Cates

and I've received signed playbills from...

Wicked
Sweeney Todd
&& Phantom of the Opera

I'm sending requests out to Sutton Foster, Michael Ceveris, Lauren Molina, Manoel Felciano, George Hearn, and Adam Pascal soon though.

SweetQintheLights
#188re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:27pm

skittles, that's true but I'm sending a SASE- are they going to forward that to him in California?

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#189re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:43pm

I attended Lucie Arnaz's birthday bash and gave her a birthday card. I honestly didn't expect anything back, why would I. Today, I recieved a thank you note saying that the picture I drew (carticature of her Muriel) is now hanging on her dressing room mirror. I couldn't believe she sent a thank you note for a birthday card! Such a sweetheart!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#190re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 1:45pm

John Lithgow
Nathan Lane
LaChanze
Chita Rivera
Cast of Sweeney Todd
Cast of Glengarry Glen Ross
Victoria Clark
Cast of The Light In The Piazza
Johnathan Pryce and Norbert Leo Butz
Alan Cumming
Mandy Patinkin
Stephen Sondheim
Harvey Fierstein
Andrea Martin
Richard Griffiths
Cast of The Phantom of the Opera
Cast of Jersey Boys
Ben Vereen
Cast of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

There are some more but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

30/90 Playout
#191re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 2:12pm

When you send the SASE and ask for a signed headshot I assume you send a 8.5x11 manilla envelope. Also, how many stamps would go on that, 2?

30/90 Playout
#192re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 2:12pm

Double post. Updated On: 8/4/06 at 02:12 PM

SweetQintheLights
#193re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 2:21pm

The SASE envelope should be like 63 cents (that's what it is for me) and the main envelope I send the letter than the SASE is 87 cents.

#194re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 2:26pm

"I have never sent a letter, and I think I may send one soon. But do you just say, "Oh and can I have a signed headshot?" Doesn't that seem rude? Or do they just know to do that?"

Don't make them guess what you want. Ask them nicely. And, if possible with correct spelling and good grammar re: Who have you gotten stuff back from? Enclosing the right size envelope with return postage is a must. Why should the performer pay?

gavrochegirl
#195re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 5:21pm

I'm currently waiting on:

Mano Felciano (2nd time...don't ask)
Jenna Leigh Green
Garth Kravitz
Sherie Rene Scott

What the puck?!

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#196re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:05pm

I just got a headshot from Jennifer Smith. That was ridiculously fast.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#197re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:28pm

I know that most people write to the the actor c/o the theatre, but what if the person you want to write to has a different address on their website? Should you write to that one, or just write to the theatre?

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#198re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:38pm

I'm just curious...What do you write in the letters? Do you say you enjoyed their performance or what not? Do you mention mailing you back something signed, or do they assume that because of the SASE?

SweetQintheLights
#199re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:53pm

Again...

It depends who you are writing to. Usually you write to people who you've seen perform. Tell them how much you enjoyed their performance. Impact it had on you? Have you seen them in anything else? Maybe send a small picture of you and them (if you have.) Just a short note. Then ask them if they would mind sending you a signed headshot to hang up on your "Broadway Wall"...or something like that.

Obviously, don't dig too deep, they are going out of their way to do it for you.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!