HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#0HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 2:40am

That was just the best experience I've had at a show in a LOOOOONG time. Saw the Thursday night show (december 8th)....

Wicked was cancelled...does anyone know why? the weather was horrible but I've never heard of cancelling cuz of that...just curious..

But Hairspray! WOW...top notch performers, everyone was just...AMAZING. I can't tell you more fantastic things about them! GO SEE IT IF YOU CAN!!!

I'm sad they didn't do BCEFA...why not?? I wanted to talk to Link!! (Aaron Tveit....he was fantastic..and who doesn't love Link??!)....

so..yes....go see it...

ANY questions?
-Steph

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#1re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 2:47am

Wicked was cancelled last night???

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

StephanietheStar
#2re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 2:52am

Yeah! I was in Borders waiting to go the the Cadiallac and I heard an announcement that I wasn't really listening too and it said a show was cancelled and explaining the make-up performance date, etc...and I was with my friend and was like "OMG DID YOU HEAR THAT!??! they said WICKED right!?" (I was afraid it was Hairspray, the weather is horrible to drive in and I didn't not want it to be a waste!)...but yes...a lot of disappointed people outside the Oriental! I felt really bad!

and OMG, there were people LEAVING Hairspray...is the subject matter controversial STILL!??!?! that's just unbelieveable to me....

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#3re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 8:56am

Steph--Glad to hear the "Hairspray" tour is in good shape. It plays Louisville, KY at the end of this month and I'm hoping to go since a friend of mine subscribes to the Broadway series here and often takes me with her. On your solid recommendation, I'll start the process of begging for her extra ticket.

Fosse76
#4re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 10:02am

Not being in Chicago, I can't say how bad th weather is, but I am very surprised they cancelled Wicked. During Ragtime, there was a Saturday where we were pounded with snow, and played to about fifty people at each performance. Perhaps the majority of the cast couldn't get to the theatre?

BwayTheatre11
#5re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 10:13am

Glad you had a good time!

How close was that plane crash to the theatre? Maybe electrical issues.

CCM '10!

anastasia b Profile Photo
anastasia b
#6re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 10:24am

"Wicked" got cancelled last night cuz of the snow storm...it knocked their power out...

I went and saw "Hairspray" last night, too...nothing like truding through 6 inches of snow to see a great show! SO much fun!

'Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor...' ~~~Cinderella, "Into the Woods"

elphie352 Profile Photo
elphie352
#7re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 11:59am

Omigosh! I was at the Oriental today to buy tickets for Wicked in January, and would you believe that they've added another show THIS SUNDAY EVENING???!!! --maybe because the show was cancelled last night. So I totally scored some awesome tickets to see Wicked Sunday evening - it's a MIRACLE...cause Wicked is like totally sold out for December! HOLLER!!

Fosse76
#8re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 12:03pm

"How close was that plane crash to the theatre? Maybe electrical issues. "

Midway Airport is nowhere near the Oriental Theatre.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#9re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 12:06pm

Aaron Tveit used to go to my school (Ithaca College) before he became a bigtime STAR! He's an extremely sweet guy, exceptionally talented, and pretty freaking cute.

It's a shame he picks crap shows (Rent, Hairspray...)

StephanietheStar
#10re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 12:22pm

Seriously, I can't believe anyone WOULDN'T like Hairspray!

It was halarious, and everything a great musical should be, great story, music, dancing, singing!

I see a lot of shows (I've seen 20 or so in the last year) and this is honestly the most fun I've had in a while!!

So yes, take my word..it was too too much fun!

My hands hurt really bad from clapping!

Side note:
I see! it was really dark at the Oriental,but I thought they TURNED off the lights because they cancelled the show! lol..so blonde.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#11re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 1:07pm

"and who doesn't love Link??!).... "

...call me.

:p

Akiva

StephanietheStar
#12re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/9/05 at 6:10pm

Lmao..I love you Akiva... I already knew that :)

Damn you and being in Canada..we were supposed to get married and I would allow your true feelings for Jenna to be present and you would cast me as Ivy in your production of Bare...lmao..I have it all figured out!!

-Steph

LMAO side note: I have tickets to see Hairspray again on Wednesday :)

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#13re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR!!! OMG
Posted: 12/10/05 at 9:11am

My friend is giving me her other ticket when "Hairspray" plays Louisville at the end of the month. I'll post a review when I see the show.

Videos