"Camp" is on tonight

rentmovie1205
#0"Camp" is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:16pm

7:05pm on tmcw channel 545 on direct tv. i know its rather short notice but i was looking for movies to watch tonight.

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#1re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:17pm

I just saw this movie last week and L O V E D it!!

#2re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:19pm

yaay :)

I went to that camp :)

#3re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:40pm

I love CAMP

"Look she's ****ed, Im ready and the show must go on, so let's get cracking shall we?"

AngusN
#4re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:40pm

I was realli disappointed with the film. It sounded so exciting; a bunch of kids at a musical theatre college mixed with a cameo from Ste[phen Sondheim, even Idina Menzel singing on the soundtrack. Unfortunately, the film adhered to Hollywood's homophobia, if you are going to have a gay character in the film, he must sleep with a girl to show gay people can be 'normal' when they want and that homosexuality is a choice we have.
Sorry, I know this is a bit of a rant, but it really infuriates me that mainstream films obey this ridiclous pre-requisite.
(I also accept that some gay people do sleep with the opposite sex when growing up, but it doesn't happen as often as the films would have it). RANT OVER NOW!!!

zaneyb3000
#5re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:45pm

Oh man. I hated this movie. But, 'tis my opinion. I did enjoy the Sondheimian influence, though... is Sondheimian a word? Haha, kinda sounds like Sond-hymen. Tee hee?

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#6re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:46pm

"Is that your father?"

"No...it's Stephen Sondheim!"

#7re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:47pm

I think you guys kind of looked too much into it for what it wasnt, you were expecting something of Broadway production worthy stuff, but what you got was kids who enjoy to preform and their lives, loves etc. But I throughly enjoyed it- it found it to be funny, touching and alittle bit bittersweet, the moment the summer was over- life went on and the lights of the stage dimmed and they went from summer superstars back to regular kids.

#8re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:53pm

Not gonna lie - didn't think it was a very good movie.

Not a good representation of stagedoor manor, really.
I watch it because during the year, when I'm STILL going through SDM withdrawl, I can watch and appreciate the background

for example - my friends and I definately took naps on that tiny basketball court.

Aside from the Sondheim appearance, the movie sort of dragged and the story was a bit...
...how do I put this..

silly?
Updated On: 12/18/05 at 06:53 PM

Chenofan #1 Profile Photo
Chenofan #1
#9re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:54pm

I love camp!! I know Robin. He's now in Rent. I saw his debut

And.....SCENE!

lovepuppy
#10re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:55pm

It might have been silly...but aren't teenagers basically silly? No offense to those posters who are, but you learn a thing or two when you pass that age and go "wow, we acted like that too didn't we!" It's charming. The movie was cute.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#11re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:57pm

This movie should be discontinued on DVD and no one should be allowed to see this movie EVER.

It's the absolute WORST.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

teh_pretty Profile Photo
teh_pretty
#12re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:58pm

haha, this is the BEST worst movie of all time!

munkustrap178
#13re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:59pm

No. It's not even good enough to be enjoyable - like other bad movies (Lifetime originals, MOMMIE DEAREST, etc.)

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

munkustrap178
#14re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:59pm

No. It's not even good enough to be enjoyable - like other bad movies (Lifetime originals, MOMMIE DEAREST, etc.)

teh_pretty Profile Photo
teh_pretty
#15re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:03pm

That's just it -- it's enjoyable because it's so terribly done.

It's completely stereotypical/ horribly written and acted, but that just makes it more fabulous.

I'm not ashamed to admit I spent $5 on it in the bargain bin at Blockbuster.
Updated On: 12/18/05 at 07:03 PM

#16re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:22pm

its enjoyable because the kids look like real kids, not 20 year olds playing kids.

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#17re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:23pm

OMG CAMP is my favourite movie!!!!!!!

- I might be smart - No day but today

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#18re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:45pm

I hate to break it to you Clumsy, but I happen to know more than a few of those "kids" were 20+ years when they made that movie

I think the movie's ok. Not great and I definately enjoy it, but ultimately I think it suffers from the weak screenplay

#19re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:47pm

ah, but atleast they dont look it.

futurewinnerbud
#20re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:57pm

camp might be the most cliche movie of all time, and yet the one that is most true to the life of teenagers in musical theater. I hated it, but I have to admit it: 80% of the time, thats the way it is.

#21re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:57pm

it is.

zaneyb3000
#22re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 8:38pm

"This movie should be discontinued on DVD and no one should be allowed to see this movie EVER.

It's the absolute WORST."

Haha, my sentiments exactly. Whenever I see it at the video store, I cringe. There are better bad movies out there. Yes, better bad movies.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#23re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 8:44pm

I hated this movie. It was just ridiculous, and semi-confusing.

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#24re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 9:16pm

Oh, Camp. When I first watched it I haaaaated it! Then I talked to some people who went to Stagedoor Manor and stuff and I was able to appreciate it's CAMPINESS. It is seriously the worst worst worst most cliche movie EVER, but I can at least laugh at it now.

I like Wet Hot American Summer better, lol.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

Videos