Did Eden start Wicked yet?

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#0Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 11:30am

Sorry, I did a search but couldn't find the original day for Eden to star in Wicked this year. Anyone know?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#1re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 11:31am

She starts Tuesday, January 10th.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#2re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 11:32am

Thank you very much! :0)

WithoutATrace
#3re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 11:36am

Derrick Williams and Carol Kane start the same day.

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#4re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 11:43am

So, is Sunday Bean's last day?

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

WithoutATrace
#5re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:09pm

yes

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#6re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:13pm

i'll miss Shoshana... she was great! but i also can't wait to see what Eden does now that the role is hers!

::bust a move::

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#7re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:36pm

Cool! I'm going 1/18 so I hope she's fresh and at her best! :0)

WithoutATrace
#8re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 1:10pm

Just got back from the Gershwin...I'm going on Tuesday, January 31st! re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?

AllNite429
#9re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 1:14pm

I think I am going to try for lottery tickets that night.

WithoutATrace
#10re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 1:18pm

I hear Tuesdays are the best nights to try for the lottery. Good luck. Maybe I'll see you there!

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#11re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 2:35pm

Who's taking over for Derrick on the tour?

WithoutATrace
#12re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 2:38pm

SEBASTIAN ARCELUS (Fiyero) recently appeared on Broadway as Jan in Good Vibrations and as Roger Davis in Rent. Other credits include The Full Monty, Hamlet - A Rock Opera, Caligula, Aida, Floyd Collins, and the world premiere of William Finn's Songs of Innocence and Experience. Film/TV: Temptation and the voice of 'Papi' on Nickelodeon's "Go, Diego, Go!" He is a proud graduate of Williams College. Much love and thanks to his family, friends, Diane, Liz, and Kate. For Mr. C.

GilmoreGirlO2
#13re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 2:40pm

Thanks!

WithoutATrace
#14re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 2:41pm

I am eager to see Arcelus' take on Fiyero. How is Derrick Williams in the role?

jim Profile Photo
jim
#15re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:46pm

Saw Derrick last week 12/27/05 performance @Kennedy Center in D.C. Did not care for him at all. Weak. Norbert and Joey MacIntyre both brought so much more to the role on B'way, IMO.
However, the national tour is in great shape. Emily Rozek was in for Kendra K. and did a nice job. And Stephanie was wonderful. Got to meet her when she played Fannie in FUNNY GIRL in Wichita for Music Theatre. Nice lady and she was an amazing Elphaba.

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#16re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:53pm

WithoutATrace, you'll find that most people (myself included) were not impressed with Derrick's take on Fiyero. However, those that did like him liked him very much, so I think it's a "you love him or you hate him" kind of thing. There are a couple of threads around here, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Updated On: 1/5/06 at 04:53 PM

WithoutATrace
#17re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:56pm

thanks for your insight on Derrick. I'm sorry to hear that he is not as good as Norbert or Joey. Why do you think he was cast as David's replacement on Broadway? Were they unable to find someone more talented?

GilmoreGirlO2
#18re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:01pm

I actually thought Derrick was the best I've seen in the role (I've seen 3). Although his voice might not be as amazing as Norbert's, it's still strong and pleasing and his overall portrayal of Fiyero hit the spot perfectly. He had the smoothness down (in acting and voice), was a great dancer, and overall was the best I've seen.

WithoutATrace
#19re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:04pm

Thanks GilmoreGirl. I will definitely post my thoughts about Derrick on January 31st.

PJ
#20re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:07pm

I'm seeing the mostly new cast at their first performance, this coming Tuesday. I've wanted to see Eden as Elphaba since her days as standby.

I've heard mixed things about Derrick. But I'm going in with an indifferent attitude so I could very well be surprised. My only thing with the role of Fiyero is why the hell is it so hard to cast? David Ayers is a terrible actor who, all seven times I've seen him, sang as though he were tone deaf and reading directly from the script at a readthrough. And his understudy, Jerad Bortz, has the exact same problems. So, if you can't tell, I'm kind of hoping that Williams will come in and bring some much needed life to Fiyero.

C is for Company
#21re: Did Eden start Wicked yet?
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:15pm

My friend saw Eden twice as standby July 04' and loved her so much the first time, she went back to see her again before Idina returned. With all the people who loved her so much in the role, I'm dying to see her finally.
As for Derrick I hear all too many negative things about him, so Tuesday you should have an interesting time seeing these anticipated replacements

Videos