pixeltracker

is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??

is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#0is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 3:58pm

hey guys, i saw a message a little while back about Diana DeGarmo possibly playing this part on bway in FEB....i know this might be a rumor, but is it also just a rumor that Tracy is def leaving?? Or is this something everyone is aware of and I just somehow missed the memo??

I hope not.... I will be so sad, she is my favorite performer on broadway! who else could make that part so HILARIOUS????

I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:09pm

Not too sure, but Tracy Miller has been with Hairspray for over a year now.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SweetQintheLights
#2re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:21pm

Tracy Miller IS Penny...

Tracy Miller WILL ALWAYS be Penny

Tracy Miller is THE BEST Penny

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#3re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:31pm

i'll miss her re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??

::bust a move::

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#4re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:35pm

yessss totally agreed!!! Has anyone seen other pennys, and if so, how did they compare? I have seen Tracy Miller FIVE TIMES (i know, insane) and absolutely cannot even imagine another one.

DottieD'Luscia
#5re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:37pm

I love Tracy in the role, but I also love Chandra Lee Schwartz as Penny.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Fosse76
#6re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 4:44pm

Yes, sadly. Her last performance is Feb. 5.
Updated On: 1/5/06 at 04:44 PM

DottieD'Luscia
#7re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:29pm

I just might have to go and see her one last time.

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#8re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:38pm

I saw Kerry Butler in the role and thought nobody would be able to match up to her, and then I saw Tracy Miller and was blown away: the girl is absolutely hysterical and sings the hell out of the role. I'm sad that she's leaving.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#9re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 5:42pm

I've seen four Pennys (including Tracy 12 times), all quite good, but none compare with Tracy Miller. She IS Penny and I'll be sooo sad to see her go. She is hilarious, adorable and the girl can SING!! Wish her the best.

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys
Updated On: 1/5/06 at 05:42 PM

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#10re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 7:47pm

Tracy Miller is one of the many aspects of Hairspray that bring me back to the theatre again and again. I'll never forget what an impression she made on me the first time I saw the show last January. She practically steals every scene she's in, not to mention she's hilarious, cute, and has one of the most fun roles on Broadway. I will miss her greatly, but I wish her all the success in the world in her future projects!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Updated On: 1/5/06 at 07:47 PM

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#11re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 9:28pm

I thinks shes just going on vaction next week, cause i heard michelle k. is going on as penny next week.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#12re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/5/06 at 9:33pm

I was so impressed with Tracy when I saw her last October. Her singing and acting blew me away and she was a total sweetheart at the stage door. She will be missed.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#13re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/6/06 at 1:18am

oh noooo....im sooo sad shes leaving feb 5!!!! shes seriously the best part of the show!!! AND what is this about vacation for her next week??? my best friends are coming into town and we were totally going to try to win the lottery-- but if tracy won't be in it, then it won't be the same at all! does anyone know where i can find out for sure whether she'll be in it or not?

re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??

Fosse76
#14re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:43am

"I thinks shes just going on vaction next week, cause i heard michelle k. is going on as penny next week. "

Well, if she goes on vacation next week, I doubt that will prevent her from leaving the show on Feb. 5. She told me herself that she was leaving. She's going back to California.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#15re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:54am

I love Tracy! I knew her years ago, when she was working for Disney, playing the Little Mermaid at the El Capitan on Hollywood Blvd.

Hopefully we'll get to catch up soon, when she gets back in town.

A very talented, very funny girl. It's so great to read all these wonderful comments about her in Hairspray.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

TheOneAndOnly
#16re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/6/06 at 11:05am

Not to thread-jack, but since people are talking favorites, just throwing in my fave Penny, the wonderful Jenn Gambatese. NO other Penny that I have seen has EVER been able to hit her level of small quirks and comedic timing that makes for a flawless performance. With Jenn, less is so much more compared with other Pennys. I have nothing against Tracy Miller, she's great.

I'm still waiting for a Penny replacement that can sing "Now I've tasted chocolate, and I'm nevah goin back!" like Jenn did. You've got this high, small soprano voice for the entire show, and then this deep, monster gutteral diva comes out on "nevah goin' back!". Anyone who saw Jenn knows exactly what I'm talking about. No one, not even Kerry Butler, did it that good...just one of the small things that makes Jenn my fave Penny.

DottieD'Luscia
#17re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/6/06 at 11:20am

I have to concur about Jenn. She was wonderful as Penny.

HBG Profile Photo
HBG
#18re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/9/06 at 5:57pm

As already posted, Tracy Miller is leaving Hairspray February 5th. She is moving back to LA to try the whole TV thing. But she is not opposed to coming back to Broadway someday if the right role comes along, so let's all keep our fingers crossed, because Tracy Miller IS Penny Pingleton and totally steals the show everytime, and I will truly miss her.

Tracy is taking a few personal days this week, but she will be back in the show on Thursday. Michelle Kittrell will be playing Penny on Tuesday and Wednesday. If you haven't seen Michelle as Penny, she's quite good...you should check her out.

And as an added bonus, Donna Vivino will be in as Prudy on Wednesday.

"Free from what, Tracy? Free from what?"

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#19re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/9/06 at 6:06pm

What do people think of Caissie Levy, the current touring Penny? Is she good? How does she compare to others?

xolyddleoneeox
#20re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/9/06 at 7:48pm

i saw her in it last night she was amazing i hope that she doesnt leave because im planning to go again in with my sister in march and i want to see her again

stylinbohemian
#21re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/9/06 at 7:49pm

No Tracy can't leave!!!! We must tie her or duck tape her...no better yet glow tape her to the stage so she can never leave!!!

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

Marie2
#22re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/9/06 at 9:30pm

I think each time an actor or actress we've grown attached to leaves, there's a sense of "Nobody will ever do it better!" Tracy did a marvelous job but so did Kerry Butler, Jenn Gambatese, etc. I think each actress brought something special to the part of Penny and hopefully that will continue to be the case with each new actress who steps in.

stylinbohemian
#23re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/10/06 at 6:25am

Ya Marie2 but still.....anyone else up for the glow tape idea!? Im a stage manager so I got a whole lot of it re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

stylinbohemian
#24re: is Tracy Miller leaving Hairspray??
Posted: 1/10/06 at 4:17pm

Maybe we could lock her inside the hairspray bottle!!!

Videos