worst musical

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#0worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:08am

what would make the WORST subject matter for a musical?

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

Attendthetale331
#1re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:11am

the show takes place during the holocaust and people are about to go to the gas chamber.

"Listen to the song that I sing and trust me..."

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#2re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:14am

ouch. hmm.. I'd say a place where everything is happy and there are sunshines and rainbows and daisies everywhere! ahhhh!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
Updated On: 1/16/06 at 11:14 AM

children&art
#3re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:15am

"the show takes place during the holocaust and people are about to go to the gas chamber"

isn't that the end of "Cabaret"?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#4re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:21am

The beach-boys music! No just kidding, ohh I know, the prequel to the Wizard of Oz joking again, it must be. . . . Paleontologists in a meeting about dinosaurs that would SUCK!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#5re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:25am

a boy with tourette's falls in love with a girl with OCD with a little help from above

children&art
#6re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:38am

no i know... during the Great Depression (the happiest time in American history)a rich bald millionaire pedophile "buys" a little red-headed orphan girl all the while ignoring the advances of his sexually frusrated secretary driving her to insanity.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#7re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:03pm

A bunch of cats prance around and sing some crappy Andrew Lloyd Webber songs and then hold an ET-esque funeral for a dying cat.

or...

A phantom haunts a Paris opera house while singing the same Andrew Lloyd Webber song over and over again.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#8re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:05pm

Or...

A bunch of phantoms prance around and sing some crappy Andrew Lloyd Webber songs and then hold an ET-esque funeral for a dying phantom.

or...

A cat haunts a Paris opera house while singing the same Andrew Lloyd Webber song over and over again.

Not funny but I'm bored.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#9re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:05pm

I LOVE jv92!!!!!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#10re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:06pm

Wow, I'm so loved.
Updated On: 1/16/06 at 12:06 PM

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#11re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:06pm

okayy ^^ i love phantom but that was really funny!
I really don't think it is "worst musical" material though

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#12re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:47pm

How about a black maid of a Jewish family who hangs out in a basement with a talking washing machine and other dancing and singing family appliances singing bad R&B. Oh wait...

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#13re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 12:50pm

That one sucks too.

By the way, I met the kid who played the boy in "Caroline or Change." His name is Harrison Chad. I know you all are gonna say "Yeah,the stage door!" but I actually met him at All County Choir for Nassau County on Long Island. I didn't tell him "Caroline" sucked and all. (I'm not that mean.)
He also does the voice for the Monkey characthter of Boots on "Dora the Explorer."

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#14re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 3:35pm

I liked CATS, POTO & Caroline...!!!

But while I'm posting, I'll say a musical about a town where people are taxed to pee is downright ridiculous (even though it's one of my favorite shows re: worst musical).

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#15re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 3:38pm

a musical about abortion, with singing mother and fetus.....

(and I am pro-choice, before anyone asks)

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

ihearttheatre
#16re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 3:45pm

haha Elphaba

jv92 took mine (POTO)...

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#17re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 4:58pm

not to get defensive or anything buuuut:

Caroline was brilliant. and if you didn't like it than you obviously have no heart! re: worst musical

ok, so, what were we talking about?

:-P

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#18re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 5:05pm

I say we set "Gigli" to music. I couldn't tell you what the plot would be because after watching that movie for 15 minutes I turned it off for my mental sanity. For good measure we could have a bunch of extravagantly costumed cats chasing aroung character from "Carrie", and we could run the same ALW song on a loop, a la "Phantom". We would make sure to throw in the aformentioned singing fetus too. Pure glory right there, let me tell you.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

aspiringactress
#19re: worst musical

ahhhh

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck
Updated On: 1/16/06 at 05:05 PM

aspiringactress
#20re: worst musical

Why me

aspiringactress
#21re: worst musical

I may have set a record for multiple posts. Oy

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#22re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:11pm

Caroline-Q-or-Tbo:
That really was unkind. I do have plenty of heart. You're talking to man who openly weeps durring Carousel and Mary Poppins and admits it.
I thought Caroline's libretto really ruined the show. I wasn't overly impressed by that.
So I'm sorry if you think the people who don't like the show have no heart.

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#23re: worst musical
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:01pm

Yeah, and I weep at cheesy sentimentality as well. I just didn't like that show at all, and now I'm heartless. Wow, you remind me of a Nazi who kills people because they don't agree with their ideology. Productive...

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

alanimal
#24re: worst musical
Posted: 1/17/06 at 1:09pm

"Vincent Price and the Amazing Technicolour (and by technicolour he means purple) Dream Mantle-Cape Combo"

Essentially the same as the ALW show, but with some creative Broadway-within-Broadway casting:

Joseph: Vincent Price ("Isn't he dead?" "That's what he wanted you to think!")
Jacob: Che
Joseph's brothers: Jellicle Cats
Hairy bunch of Ishmaelites: Elphaba and a dummy with her face pasted on
Potiphar's wife: Edna Turnblad
Pharoah: The Phantom of the Opera

And so on, and so forth.

"Let me get my hat, and my knife!"
"What?"
"I must meet your wife..."

Videos