pixeltracker

Model sues Spamalot producers over photo

Model sues Spamalot producers over photo

Isabella2
#1re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/24/06 at 11:40pm

woah that's crazy. i wanna see the picture. anyone seen it?

Chrysanthemum62001
#2re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/24/06 at 11:47pm

Oh puh-lease.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

AnnaB Profile Photo
AnnaB
#3re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/24/06 at 11:55pm

re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo

I'm pretty sure it's this one

gavrochegirl
#4re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/24/06 at 11:58pm

Oh, for the love of God.

What the puck?!

Luckydave14
#5re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/24/06 at 11:59pm

I've never even noticed that.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#6re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:01am

If that story is true, how the hell were the producers stupid enough to use a picture that prominently without consent??

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#7re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:12am

(Cues God Bless America)

Yay for suing!!!

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#8re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:15am

IT would be the producers fault, and she does have a valid point and suit,

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#9re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:18am

Well don't Producer's buy things like that from companies who own the photos? Models get paid for these things, and then who ever took them owns them. It's not as if the just did a Google search for her. I'm sure they paid someone for it.

Pinaud Profile Photo
Pinaud
#10re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:20am

There are similar lawsuits out there on behalf of the girls who are featured in the Millie and Hairspray logos. Everyone can tell that's not Sutton, but go look at "Marissa".

The story with both young ladies is that they posed for pr mock-ups of future promotions, in the early stages of development for both shows. They were paid for their time that day, but were not properly compensated(nor told their likeness would be used) for eventual advertising, etc.

BSoBW3 Profile Photo
BSoBW3
#11re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:23am

And here I was always assuming that the producers hired someone (a model or ensemble member, friend, etc.) for that pic.

The smallest stream is a valent river. It will drown me if it can.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#12re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:41am

Well I hope she wins her suit.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#13re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:45am

Do these model sign contracts that state specifically what the pic will be used for, or its intent? If they sign a contract that releases their rights to their image, no matter what it may be used for in the future, then they need a better agent, but that's it.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#14re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 12:47am

I think i'll sue them too. I'm sure that was my Cow!!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

#15re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 1:25am

I don't own the Hairspray coffee table book, but I think I remember while browsing it in the bookstore that Marissa JW said she was thrilled when she found out she was going to be the logo for the show...
So, what kind of lawsuit could be pending over that show???

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#16re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 1:34am

If I were a girl and were obviously flat chested as this model is naturally, I'd be glad for the "enhancement". "Object of ridicule" my ass! This girl is associated with a box office smash not to mention a record breaking show for the Shubert. I pray to God she sticks to modeling and NEVER tries for a "backup" career on Broadway...no producer will touch her....She and Donna Murphy would probably have a lot in common...

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#17re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 1:37am

apparently she can't succeed on her own, so she'll take the easy road.....

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Jon
#18re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 6:42am

Technically, the producers aren't really at fault. They hire a seperate company to create all the displays, marquees, etc. for the outside of the theatre.

Yankeefan007
#19re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 9:02am

Well at least now she has a name....

Karma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
#20re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:05am

She does have a valid suit the pathetic thing is this statement.

"Defendants' use of Carla's likeness depicts [her] in a foolish, unnatural and undignified manner, and tends to hold her up to public ridicule and contempt," the suit says. It calls the use of the image, "shameful, willful, malicious and unlawful," and claims it has greatly damaged her career and caused her "great anxiety of mind, humiliation, and mortification."

This happened with the taster choice man as well. They did not get the right releases in order and well they owed him money for using his image as an advertisment all those years!

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#21re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:13am

i can see her point.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Cabchic
#22re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:23am

There is an article in the Post about this as well. I think the lawyers need to do some more research though. They are claiming her picture must be a character from the show and they picked the Lady of the Lake. She does not resemble the Lady of the Lake at all, and they said she's played by Lauren Kennedy who is a brunette, when on the billboards she is a blonde. But also, they say about her being in the likeness of a witch. Well the witch scene is no longer in Spamalot and has not been since Chicago. If a person was walking by the theater and saw that picture, would you think oh she looks like a witch? she looks like one of the French women if anything.
But , if they used her picture without her consent she has a valid complaint. She just needs her lawyers to do some better research.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#23re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 11:04am

I don't think that if I saw this woman on the street, I'd recognize her as "the woman on the Spamalot billboard" (or if I did, think of it in a negative way). I don't really see how the picture is humiliating or mortifying to her.

erikaamato
#24re: Model sues Spamalot producers over photo
Posted: 1/25/06 at 11:15am

It seems she has a legitimate suit, particularly if the picture was taken in a joking moment, AFTER the shoot was completed. (As she claims.) However, going on about it portraying her in a "unnatural and undignified manner" is just silly.