Susan Spencer in Little Women

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#0Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 4:41pm

She's the standby for Jo. I haven't seen Kate Fisher, but judging on the small clip I saw of her, I preferred Susan's singing to Kate's. I know you can't fully judge by a clip you see, but yeah, anyways Susan's voice reminded me a bit of Sutton Foster's...anyone see Susan and Kate and prefer one over the other?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#1re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 4:44pm

A great friend of mine saw Susan and said she was phenominal. She sounded like Sutton and another friend of mine saw both and liked Susan's voice better, but enjoyed Kate more.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#2re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 4:50pm

I saw both Susan Spencer and Kate Fisher, and I enjoyed them both. It's kind of hard to compare them because I felt they did very different things with the character of Jo (which is kind of amazing as I got the sense the show is pretty regimented). Fisher was what I sort of expected to see from a Jo, and that's certainly not a bad thing; she really had the tomboyish charm going on. Spencer seemed to me a little more delicate and maybe too pretty (vocally and physically), but she was still spunky and came across well.

And of course there's the added sweet touch with the Jo/Professor relationship with Andrew Varela and Susan Spencer, as they're married and adorable together. re: Susan Spencer in Little Women

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

zelda Profile Photo
zelda
#3re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:03pm

she was overrated in college and still is

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#4re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:05pm

I saw Susan on tour and Sutton on Broadway. I actually prefered Susan to Sutton in the role.

Whatever happened to class?

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#5re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:17pm

i'm sorry, this is a really stupid question--is Little Women still on broadway? I thought it was taken off.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#6re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:25pm

Little Women closed last may, Mel re: Susan Spencer in Little Women.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7re: Susan Spencer in Little Women
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:33pm

I thought it was taken off

Most people use the word "closed."

Back to subject, I also saw both Kate and Susan and enjoyed them both very much. Not sure who I liked more.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt