Nicest Broadway Stars?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#150re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/16/06 at 11:35pm

Again, sarcasm FLIES away.

I know who staged what wedding with whom and I've heard all of the claims and the stories. Frankly, I think it's all ridiculous, but that's another argument.

I'm not confused, don't worry. My comment was far from literal.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

JbaraFan1
#151re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 1:52am

Greg Jbara ... for sure.

He once cured my cat of blindness. And then another time, it was scorching hot summer outside and I was burning up and near close to dehydration ... Greg noticed and pulled a grape popsicle out of his butt right then and there and handed it to me. When I was finished with it, he signed the stick for me.

I'm crazy about Greg. What a guy!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#152re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 2:13am

Since nobody hasn't mentioned:

(I know the first two actors in person (not just stage door encounter), they are not just superficially nice.)

Daniel Jenkins (the nicest, down-to-earth, the most genuine, in other word a gem of Broadway)

Michael McElroy (the nicest, the most professional, sweetest on Broadway)

Brian Stokes Mitchell (every time I see him, he is so nice and even remembers my name after meeting several years ago)

David Engel (although he hasn't appeared on Broadway for a while, he is busy acting in L.A. and he is one of the nicest people too. Very sweet)

ShiningStar Profile Photo
ShiningStar
#153re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 2:19am

James Royce Edwards and Hank Azaria. Those 2 were incredibly nice.

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#154re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 2:42am

When I was new in the business (film not Broadway) I was in New York and happened to end up in an elevator with Jerry Orbach. I told him I'd seen him as a little kid in "The Fantastics" and as a teenager in "Promises, Promises." We talked for about 20 stories, then he got out. CUT TO: a decde later and I meet him in the evening on a street in Beverly Hills again and damned if he doesn't remember the entire conversation. Very, VERY gracious. Classy. I think that was what it was like when you met the big stars back in the 40's.

Tommy Tune was a total hoot when I met him backstage at the Wiltern Theatre after his one-man show in the 90's. The woman sitting beside me turned out to be (if memory serves me correcttly) Susan Watson, the original Kim in "Bye Bye Birdie" (a real sweetheart) and we got to talking at intermission. She said "want to meet Tommy?" Hell yeah. He was reclining on a chaise longe (back troubles, I believe) and holding court. Neat guy.

Oh, and one more. Not exactly a star but nice to me and , well you'll see. I'm a nobody walking down Broadway. I see Allan Carr, the movie producer who also did "Cage aux Folles" which had just opened and was sold out, standing in the shade in front of The Palace theater. I passed by, stopped and congradulated him on the hit and said "I'm looking forward to seeing it when I can get tickets." He said that would be tomorrow, reached into his caftan (joking, it was some sort of lether bag but he was wearing a caftan) and handed me two tickets. Just like that. $45.00 seats (mid-orchestra). Jesus. That makes him some sort of star, doesn't it?

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699
Updated On: 2/18/06 at 02:42 AM

FosseBoi
#155re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 3:09am

Matthew Morrison, Kelli O'Hara, Norbert Leo Butz,....

Although I have never met Sutton Foster, I think she is one of the nicest. The reason why is because I sent her a letter while she was in MILLIE telling her about how we're both from Georgia and how much I admire her blah blah blah. I had sent my Playbill for her to sign, and when I got it back it said, "To Chip with so much love, Sutton Foster." I'm sure she has put this on a TON of other's Playbills, but its still really special to me.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#156re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 7:55am

FosseBoi- Sutton Foster is a sweetheart. You're totally right in thinking it from that letter.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

sweeneytodd2
#157re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 10:25am

Does anyone know how Megan Mullaly is?

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#158re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 12:20pm

I met Megan after her American Songbook concert at Lincoln Center and she couldn't have been nicer. Her husband was very protective and making sure that no one got out of control because everyone wanted an autograph and a photo but she stayed until the last person left. I saw her guest-hosting "Letterman" awhile before that and she didn't sign but she came out the stagedoor and told everyone that she was in a hurry to catch the red eye back to LA for "W&G" rehearsals and she thanked us all for coming. A class act.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#159re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/18/06 at 3:56pm

-Eden Espinosa, took me on a BKYLN backstage tour and everything
-Julie Reiber =D
-Cheyenne Jackson, poses for numerous pictures and loves to talk with fans
-Jenn Gamby, will put down her stuff and stop to get a pic, sign something, or talk, always with a huge smile. she always remembers names and faces and genuinely cares.
-Julia Murney randomly gave us free memorabilia/souvenir-ish type stuff after the last Lennon show
-Patti Cohenour of Light in the Piazza
-Greg Jbara gave me a tour and talked with me several different times for a really long time
-Erin Dilly
-Henry Hodges
-Justin Brill of All Shook Up, now in Rent
-Rob Bartlett - the Robio is one of the kindest men ever
-and last but definitely not least is my girl Trisha Jeffrey (ASU, Little Shop)... really cares, friendly, fun, great person

Marci X Profile Photo
Marci X
#160re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:13am

Joanna is not bitchy. She's a nice lady.

I don't know - lol, Nicest Broadway stars. I'm sure quite a few of them are nice!

theatreman
#161re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/21/06 at 9:45am

Well, I think most are nice, but I've met Stephen Schwartz, Norbert Leo Butz, Michelle Federer, David Hyde Pierce, Michael McGrath, Christopher Sieber, James Ludwig, and Alan Tudyk, and they were all extremely nice and patient (tough to do, because, after a performance you probably just want to relax or sleep!). I think Broadway actors, in general, are very nice, because the Braodway support base is very devoted and they realize that they wouldn't come to a show unless they (usually) really enjoy theatre.

Malki5 Profile Photo
Malki5
#162re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 12:58pm

Hugh Jackman was wonderful to all his fans, as were the rest of the cast of TBFO. The Imperial Theater seems to attract nice actors because as others have mentioned, Greg Jbara is a doll. We've also met Mandy Patinkin on a number of occasions and he is also very sweet to fans. The cast of Fiddler was wonderful (we saw it last year with HF and Andrea Martin). They joked around with my kids and spoke to everyone whi was waiting. The only disappointment we've had was Richard Dreyfuss. We saw him in Sly Fox and waited for a very long time but he never showed. In fact, most of that cast either never came out or just walked right through the crowd without stopping.

iluvtheatertrash
#163re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 1:17pm

Gregory Jbara
Jared Bradshaw
Julia Murney
and Jenn Simard

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#164re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 2:38pm

I'd like to revise my earlier answer, and say that Donna Lynne Champlin is THE nicest person I've ever met at stage door. She was feeling REALLY sick that night, and not only agreed to take a pic with me, she obliged my request and posed with the crazy Pirelli smile. She was incredibly gracious, and SO funny. And I now have the coolest pic I could ever ask for.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#165re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:07pm

Tim Howar. The biggest sweetheart you can ever imagine.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#166re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:11pm

Ooh I had a wonderful encounter with Maria Friedman last night. Have to add her to my list re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

luvtheEmcee
#167re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:22pm

I'm cheating and going to the Sweeney stage door tonight with someone from the board who's in town and seeing the show.

SO EXCITED. Since they're all nice, apparently. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

wickedrentq
#168re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:30pm

Have fun Em!

BTW, some of the Sweeney standbys I know assured me for you that Mano is an absolute doll, if that helps at all. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

defying_gravity2
#169re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:36pm

This isn't Broadway, but the entire cast os Spelling Bee in SF is incredibly nice. They are always willing to stop and talk and take pictures. The are truly the nicest group of people.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

luvtheEmcee
#170re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:39pm

Everybody says he's great. He seems great. I'm sure he is great.

.... I'm just nervous. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

Updated On: 3/7/06 at 03:39 PM

wickedrentq
#171re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:47pm

Understandable. You've come a long way.

Just don't let him walk past you and say nothing via Broadway Under The Stars :-P

luvtheEmcee
#172re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:51pm

I'll let you know how far into my mouth I put my foot.

beacon1
#173re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:55pm

I keep hearing that Patrick Wilson is very sweet and friendly...
will that change in a few weeks, Emcee???!!!

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#174re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 3:55pm

broadway_show_fan, that is so awesome! How did you get Greg to give you a tour? I know he does it for alot of people and I was just curious. Did you email him or what?

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"