pixeltracker

What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???

What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#0What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 7:59pm

Although many want pop and music stars to stay away from Broadway. Who would you like to see on Broadway???
I did a search and nothing like this came up.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#1re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:01pm

The ones who can actually act.

Otherwise, don't quit your day job.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#2re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:01pm

haha- which is...about 1 of them. Oh wait....actually, I can't think of any.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

TheaterAddict7652
#3re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:28pm

None of them. Pop stars can't act and should stay the hell away from Broadway.

There's a lot I am not certain of...

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#4re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:31pm

Let's just let this thread die.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

muscle23ftl
#5re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 8:35pm

yeah...good idea. I couldn't think of any music star i would like to see on Bway myself!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Brokenlizard14 Profile Photo
Brokenlizard14
#6re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 9:07pm

I can think of one. I don't know if he can act (mercifully, he's never tried, as most have), and I'm not sure how well known he really is.

Michael Buble. His voice is absolutely incredible.

Cruel_Sandwich
#7re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 9:22pm

Saul Williams

gavrochegirl
#8re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 9:42pm

I don't think any music stars should be on Broadway.

kthxbye.

What the puck?!

Becky2 Profile Photo
Becky2
#9re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 9:43pm

I've always wanted to see Trent Reznor on Broadway. I can't say he'd be any good, he's definetly more of a composer, but it would still be interesting, but maybe this is just because I'm such a big fan.

muscle23ftl
#10re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/16/06 at 9:45pm

I know people are gonna kill me. But eventhough i am not a fan of hers. I would probably want to see Madonna. She never got cast as a dancer on Broadway in her youth.

isingactdance Profile Photo
isingactdance
#11re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 1:55am

is it just me.... or would Josh Groban be AMAZING in Piazza?

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#12re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 3:30am

The first person that came to my mind was Mandy Moore. I would love to see her perform on Broadway.

priceless
#13re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 5:07am

Yes, Josh Groban would be amazing in .........well, just about anything! he has a voice for all time. Incredible!

jasobres
#14re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 7:22am

None.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#15re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 7:44am

leave broadway for the actors and actresses who devote their lives to the stage. enough with stunt casting!!!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#16re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 8:09am

Groban has a lovely voice, but he falls more toward the "popstars who can't act" side of the spectrum. He's not awful, just fairly wooden.

The thought of Mandy Moore in anything makes me cringe. She does NOT have the voice for Broadway. Updated On: 2/17/06 at 08:09 AM

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#17re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 8:10am

Hahaha unfortunately your "enough with stunt casting" cry will never be heard...ever. I'm satisfied with stunt casting if the people who play the roles are up to par with the role.

It's unfair to say that the roles should be going to the Broadway actors and actresses that devote their lives to it, because what about the people that just go to auditions on a whim, end up with a part, and fall in love with Broadway. I realize it's rare, but you do hear about it.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to fight for stunt casting, but when it's creating chorus & supporting roles for Broadway actors and making the show a success, what's wrong with that?

downtowndiva84
#18re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 8:15am

Meh, I think it all depends on the role.

Adam Pascal was a rock singer with no acting experience when he auditioned for Rent. Some people get thrown into it and have to learn by doing.

I'd honestly rather see a good singer like Josh Groban come to Broadway and have to finesse his acting chops than see an experienced actor with a mediocre voice.

Coin operated boy All the other real ones that I destroy Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll Never let him go and I'll never be alone Not with my coin-operated boy

JasonM12480
#19re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 9:57am

If she could get rid of her Canadian accent, I'd pay good money to see Celine Dion play Elphaba in Wicked. You have to admit with her facial features, she'd be quite stunning in green, and you KNOW she could sing the hell out of the score. Plus, with her stage experience, I have a feeling she is probably a decent actress.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#20re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:37am

I'd honestly rather see a good singer like Josh Groban come to Broadway and have to finesse his acting chops than see an experienced actor with a mediocre voice.

That's true, provided that he did work on the acting part. I think that there are too many Broadway performers as it is who can sing wonderfully but seem not to be particularly good actors. Updated On: 2/17/06 at 10:37 AM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#21re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:47am

downtowndiva, in the world of theatre and every performance class I've ever taken it's been made abundantly clear that, when casting a show, a director will always cast someone who can act the part better than someone who can sing the part better. Why? Because acting the part is harder and far more important. Notes can be changed...feeling cannot.

Jason, Celine is FAR to old to play a college student. Sorry.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 2/17/06 at 10:47 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#22re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:52am

This just emphasizes the "Great Divide" between pop music and Broadway music. Pop starts aren't Broadway stars, and Broadway stars aren't pop stars.

Not like the "good old days," which pretty much ended with Streisand.

Once in a rare blue moon, there's a "Jennifer Holliday" who sneaks in... and manages to win a Grammy award for Best R&B Female for an OBCR. I don't think that's happened before or since, actually.

There are cross-over artists out there, but the bridge between Pop and Broadway seems to be missing completely. And I don't mean "retro pop stars" either. I mean ones that are on the charts now.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 2/17/06 at 10:52 AM

#23re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 10:53am

I've always wanted to see Trent Reznor on Broadway. I can't say he'd be any good, he's definetly more of a composer, but it would still be interesting, but maybe this is just because I'm such a big fan.

I admire Trent and love Nine Inch Nails, but realistically, what kind of role/musical could he be in? His voice really isn't suited for much, if anything, on Broadway. I'm also pretty sure the only emotion he knows how to express on stage is rage. re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???

I was going to mention Groban but realized someone else already had. If his acting improved a bit, I could see him doing well on Broadway.

peggyandvelma Profile Photo
peggyandvelma
#24re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:08am

I second Josh Groban. His vocal talent is amazing.
And I agree with whoever said something about people who audition on a whim for a Broadway show. Idina's website says she was just looking for some money...and lo and behold she became Maureen.

No one is alone.

Videos