RENT seating opinion - Broadway

craig238
#0RENT seating opinion - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 9:28am

I need opinions - which are better:
Center Mezz. Row EE @ $60 or
Orch. Right Row F @ $70.

Thanks so much in advance for your input !!
Updated On: 2/22/06 at 09:28 AM

kyguy78 Profile Photo
kyguy78
#1re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 10:09am

I'm sure this won't help, but I had the same dilemma...center row I of the ORCH or center of row AA in the Mez. I went with the Mezz because it was closer and because the first time I saw the show, it was from the orchestra and I wanted a different view.

craig238
#2re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 10:13am

I'll respect your opinion so the seats where you enjoyed the show most were........??

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#3re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 10:15am

I liked my $20 student rush tickets. Except we were right where Mark sets up his tripod, so a few of the first numbers were obscured a bit.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

kyguy78 Profile Photo
kyguy78
#4re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 10:20am

First time I saw the show I was in the center of the front row after winning rush tickets.

For the $10 difference, I would probably go with the ORCH just because you're going to be closer to the action in Row F.

downtowndiva84
#5re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 1:08pm

There isn't a bad seat in the Nederlander...that being said.

Go for Orchestra! Rent's a show where the closer you are to the action the more exciting it is. And it's only 10 bucks more.

Coin operated boy All the other real ones that I destroy Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll Never let him go and I'll never be alone Not with my coin-operated boy

erinrebecca
#6re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 3:23pm

It depends which seats you're talking about with the Row F right. Although, row F is close to the stage, if you're way over to the right in that row, it's not the best view and stage left is going to be obstructed. EE centre mezz are good seats, too. Generally speaking, I'd go with Row F as long as it isn't seats higher than #18.

downtowndiva, if you think that there isn't a bad seat in the Neder, you obviously have never sat in the last row of the mezz. Unless you have no legs, it's almost impossible to sit through 2 1/2 hours.

pauseforamoment99 Profile Photo
pauseforamoment99
#7re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 3:25pm

Orchestra Row F, but it also depends how far to the right. But I would have to say there isnt a bad seat in the Nederlander

SpellRENT777
#8re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:24pm

I sat in those orchestra seats. They were good, except you were a bit cut off to what was happening on stage left. And, sometimes you had to hurt your neck to see some parts, but thats just my opinon

#9re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:28pm

This might sound extremely stupid, but I heard that at the Nederlander the front row is so close to the stage, that you can actually reach out and put your feet on it. Is this true? Is it really just a couple feet out right in front of you? Or is it like the Imperial, where in the front row you have to look up? And where is the orchestra?
Haha ok those are my questions of the day.

erinrebecca
#10re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:59pm

Yes, the stage is very close but you'd look a little silly with your feet up in the air if you wanted to put your feet on it! :) It's not at the same level as your feet if that's what you're saying. In Rent, there is no orchestra. The band is onstage, stage right, in full view.

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#11re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 6:04pm

The theater is pretty small. If you like to see the 'whole' picture of the stage..sit in the mezz. Row EE center is a pretty good seat

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

downtowndiva84
#12re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 6:57pm

"downtowndiva, if you think that there isn't a bad seat in the Neder, you obviously have never sat in the last row of the mezz. Unless you have no legs, it's almost impossible to sit through 2 1/2 hours."

I'm sorry I made that exaggeration. I admit I have never sat in the very last row of the mezz. I was speaking more of in terms of being able to see, not physical comfort. I'm sorry your legs had to go through that. =(

Coin operated boy All the other real ones that I destroy Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll Never let him go and I'll never be alone Not with my coin-operated boy

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#13re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 7:14pm

I would go for the mezz seats!

guitargeek0624 Profile Photo
guitargeek0624
#14re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 7:33pm

I'm seeing Rent in March (wee!) and my seats are in the third row of the front mezz...which, according to a friend of mine who had seats around there, are fantastic.

"A little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing." - Thomas Jefferson

WickedlyPerfect Profile Photo
WickedlyPerfect
#15re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 8:07pm

this doesn't really apply because the question was "seating", but for my first time seeing it I was at the Standing room only section. I was number 15, which was standing in the back on the left. Except for the fact you're standing for a few hours, you get a perfect view of the stage, there is no straining to view the stage because someone's head is in the way

What good is a life, With no one to share, The light of the moon, The honor of a swear?

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#16re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/22/06 at 9:17pm

The first time I saw RENT I was in the right orchestra. I missed a lot of the action. If its way over don't do it, it hurt my neck and it was just hard to see a lot. Go for the mezz.

"That boy could use some Prozac"

Cenoern
#17re: RENT tickets - Broadway
Posted: 2/23/06 at 10:16am

Just saying that there are MANY bad seats in the nederlander :-P Anyone who sits in the first 7 or so orchestra rows all the way on the left cant see a single piece of Out Tonight or Life Support, haha. That was baaaad.

Videos