pixeltracker

A TV Show Musical Episode???- Page 2

A TV Show Musical Episode???

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#25re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 1:42pm

Even though it would never work, I've always, always, always wanted a musical episode of Will & Grace, I mean the 4 leads (especially Mullally and McCormack) can sing well enough for it, plus Debbie Reynolds plays Grace's mother...that's gold. They could easily pull the Broadway-Guest-Star-Strings and have Patti or Chita back on! How fun!

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#26re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 1:47pm

I think television, like film, is a medium that tends to go for realism and therefore a successful use of singing would be very difficult. That said, I think Buffy's "once more with feeling" is one of the finest examples of musical film, truly using the songs to build character and plot. Of course, the "we are possessed by a musical demon" allowed the question of realism to be answered, and the episode fit right in with the genre-defying tone of the show. Truly excellent, but I really don't trust many people besides Joss Whedon to pull it off well.

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#27re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 1:50pm

Xena: Warrior Princess had one back on Season 3 called "The Bitter Suite". They even put a soundtrack out! I loved that darn ep! Lucy has a wonderful voice!

ze emcee Profile Photo
ze emcee
#28re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 1:50pm

Family guy also does Music Man and Little Shop

dotvmike Profile Photo
dotvmike
#29re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 2:01pm

I was just going to say that Family Guy did a scene from Little Shop of Horrors. But I also really enjoyed That 70's Show musical episode (it wasn't original music but it was still great!)

Cruel_Sandwich
#30re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 2:02pm

There was a musical episode of Rocko's Modern Life about recycling. It was awesome.

"R-E-C-Y-C-L-E

RECYCLE!

C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E

CONSERVE!

DON'T YOU P-O-L-L-U-T-E

POLLUTE THE RIVERS SKIES OR TREES

OR ELSE YOU'RE GONNA GET WHAT YOU DESEEEEEEEEERVE!"

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#31re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 2:05pm

There was also a show (I believe called) Rags to Riches starring Joseph Bologna who adopted a bunch of girls who sang in the episodes.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Updated On: 2/28/06 at 02:05 PM

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#32re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 2:07pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092434/

Forgot to mention that Tisha Campbell was in it (who starred in LSOH on film)

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

dotvmike Profile Photo
dotvmike
#33re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 2:09pm

Does anybody know what the song is called from that Passion episode. I am a huge Bollywood fan and was wondering if they had composed it specifically for the show or if they just picked out of some Bollwood film. Thanks!

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#34re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 2:17pm

I'm not sure if this ever aired, but I know it's on the DVD - Family Guy also did a take off on "The Telephone Hour" from Bye Bye Birdie in the episode "Petarded". It was a riot.

"Can he still drive a car?
Can he drink at the bar?
Will they let him have kids?
Is his life on the skids?

Hello, Mrs. Griffin,
It's your neighbour Quagmire,
Now that Peter's special,
You probably have some needs.

He's retarded!
He's retarded!
He's retarded!
Oh... yeah!"

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

#35re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 3:30pm

Doesn't anyone remember the NICK TV show called 'The Roundhouse'? It was a musical show each week and ran for over 4 years.

Jud Faginsky
#36re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 5:44pm

Not really a musical episode, but a musical character. On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine there was a character named Vic Fontaine who was played by James Darren. He would sing one or two standards every episode he was on. Great jazz arrangements of old songs. He put out a couple of CDs of songs he sang on the show.

Cruel_Sandwich
#37re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 5:53pm

Spring cleaning! Spring cleaning!

jimnysf
#38re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 2/28/06 at 6:14pm

The song on "Passions" was an original one, composed for that episode. You can see the video or just listen to the song or read about how it was done at the link below. You can also find the music and lyrics there.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Passions/bonuses/bollywood/music/

Passion Bollywood Info

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

overthemoon419
#39re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/3/06 at 5:57pm

"Quantum Leap" had an episode entitled "Catch a Falling Star" in which Sam Beckett (played by Scott Bakula) lept into an actor performing the lead in Man of La Mancha - Bakula performs three musical numbers.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

Jyn326
#40re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/3/06 at 8:48pm

I remember "Roundhouse"! I loved it.

And I agree with the tearshedding for General Hospital's Nurse's Ball, I looked forward to watching that every year with my mom, even before I started watching the show myself. I didn't know that Russ Tamblyn appeared once, what'd he perform?

overthemoon419
#41re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/3/06 at 10:21pm

The Nurse's Ball was how I started watching GH as well, I used to only watch Nurse's Ball episodes until the GH/Port Charles "General Homicide" murders.

Anyway. lol.

When Russ Tamblyn was on, he was in a skit with Amber Tamblyn (Emily Quartermaine) and John Ingle (Edward Quartermaine), in which Russ danced as an ice-cream man (in a red-and-white-striped jacket with an old-fashioned straw hat) while Amber and John sang "I Don't Need Anything But You".

=)

overthemoon419
#42re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/3/06 at 10:44pm

Here are some pics of Russ Tamblyn:

re: A TV Show Musical Episode???

re: A TV Show Musical Episode???

Jyn326
#43re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/10/06 at 12:57am

sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the pics of Russ and Amber, that's so sweet! I always liked her as Emily.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#44re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/10/06 at 2:13am

Hello? Love Boat:The Musical? Carol Channing, Ethel Merman, Ann Miller and Della Reese (Pearl Baily wasn't available.) Merman singing What I Did For Love is classic! (No, I am NOT kidding.)

PEACE.

jasobres
#45re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/10/06 at 7:41am

The Fairly OddParents (the worst...cartoon...ever) also had a musical episode called "School's Out" or something along the lines of that.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#46re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/10/06 at 12:36pm

Buffy's "Once More With Feeling" was certainly the best EVER in my opinion. Much more than a mere gimmick...

And I remember Scrubs doing a musical episode (not completely musical, but a big section of the ep was sung) and it was pretty good... Have tried to find details about it but come up empty-handed.

renthead2
#47re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
Posted: 3/10/06 at 4:06pm

I like the episode of will and grace where there was a sound of music sing along. They didn't sing....but I loved all the sound of music references.