pixeltracker

Sweeney will tour, Pajama Game might

Sweeney will tour, Pajama Game might

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#0Sweeney will tour, Pajama Game might
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:09pm

Hey!
I was looking at our theater district site, and there's a part where they ask which shows you would like to see. The list is made up of shows that are planning to tour. On that list, I saw "Sweeney Todd" and "Pajama Game" I just thought I would give you all a heads up.

Updated On: 4/17/06 at 10:09 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:10pm

Wouldn't that only mean that people would like to see them, as what you say implies, rather than that they might tour? There's a big difference.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#2re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:11pm

Actually, It's on the list of shows planning to tour.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:12pm

Might wanna change your message, then, if that's what it is.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Luckydave14
#4re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:14pm

Do you have a link?

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#6re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:20pm

This doesn't mean the shows will tour.

The performing arts center may be mounting their own productions of those musicals.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#7re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:21pm

The Ordway never puts on their own productions.

Luckydave14
#8re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:22pm

I agree with FOA

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#9re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 10:26pm

OK, I just e-mailed them, asking if the shows are really touring. Will post response when I get it.
Updated On: 4/16/06 at 10:26 PM

loganp37 Profile Photo
loganp37
#10re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 12:20am

The Pajama Game is currently listed as one of "The Booking Groups" clients and is underway for a 2006-2007 tour.

Proof? http://www.thebookinggroup.com/shows.htm

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#11re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 12:25am

You know what...

I think every show that opens on Broadway considers doing a tour.

Just sayin'.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

RentBoy86
#12re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 12:47am

The Sweeney tour will be tough. either they'll have to find actors with the same abilities as the current Broadway cast, or they will have to find actors that can learn quickly, or reorchestrate the whole show.

And I'm not sure PJ game will sell that well on tour w/o the great B'way cast.

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#13re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 4:39pm

OK. This is my response:
Greetings Logan,

I checked with our VP of Programming and Sweeney Todd IS going on tour,
but Pajama game is questionable (we may produce this show ourselves if
there is strong interest).

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other
questions.

Ryan Jones
Web Developer/Designer
Ordway Center for the Performing Arts

JustABroadwaybaby2
#14re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 6:28pm

Pajama Game is closing on June 11th, period.
the cast feels right, great choice of casting. Na d alot of Kathleen Marshal's co-wrokers/friends are in it. it sort of feels like a roundabout thing, you know?
Sweeney might be cool...MAYBE.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#15re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 6:43pm

I would love it if this new version of Sweeney Todd would tour around the country. It could be a tough sell though. They could do a limited tour and just go to main cities and that's it. Either way here's to hoping...

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#16re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 7:04pm

If the plans for a movie continue then i wouldn't be suprised if the tour happens around the time of the movie.

hak Profile Photo
hak
#17re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 8:33pm

just because Sweeney is touring, doesn't mean it'll be the same type of production as the current revival

Isabella2
#18re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:13pm

i'm a little confused as to what touring means. The show will travel around the country and whatnot but will it be the same actors?

Fabrizio2
#19re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:14pm

There was doo doo and feces all over the wall
And it smelled so bad!
It was swollen.

djjd007 Profile Photo
djjd007
#20re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:25pm

Ordway has mounted several large-scale productions in the past and will no doubt do so again. The theatre mounts, on a continual basis, smaller shows - normally housed in the McKnight space. But, in the past, the larger musicals are in the main hall. Seeing as Kevin McCollum, one of the lead producers of RENT and AVENUE Q, is (or was very recently) a head honcho @ Ordway, it's no surprise that numerous productions have been mounted by the theatre and the performance schedule is packed with fabulousness.

Special highlights of the upcoming year include the launch of BKLYN (so I can judge its' hideousness for myself), Tea At Five (with Kate Mulgrew), and Edward Scissorhands. If you live in the area, I highly recommend looking into a subscription.

If they do intend on mounting some original productions, I would love to see The Wiz and The Pajama Game done locally. We certainly have the talent for both (especially if they bring some folks over from Penumbra for the latter) and it would be nice to see these done in the midwest (after all, that is where they take place - well, for the beginning and end in the case of The Wiz).

Sweeney, on the other hand, is FAAAR too intimate of a show to play the Ordway - it would get swallowed up whole! I would love to see that at the Guthrie's new space or Jeune Leune. Now *that* would be the ideal locale.

RentBoy86
#21re: Sweeney & Pajama Game may tour
Posted: 4/18/06 at 1:25am

Yeah, I think Sweeney will follow the same fate as like Avenue Q and Spelling Bee. It will only tour to smaller theaters. I know Sweeney would just get swallowed in some of the larger concert halls. If shows like Evita can't even fill the theater, I don't think this show would either. Its much better in an intimate space.

Videos