pixeltracker

MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007

MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#0MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:42pm

The West End (london) reviews for the Menier Chocolate Factory production of Sunday In the Park production has been receiving uniform raves. Sondheim and Lapine have praised the production as well. If this show sells well in London, it will be a strong candidate for a Broadway transfer. Yes, it will be commercially risky, but there are plenty of producers who will want the artistic cache and the opportunity to win a Best Revival Tony.

Do you agree or disagree with my bold prediction?

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#1re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:44pm

It's not that bold a prediction; Roundabout is already rumoured to be doing it in the 2007-08 season.

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#2re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:47pm

Fingers crossed. I love this show. And I loved this production.

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

BroadwayBaby6
#3re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:49pm

It would be a smart financial move for Roundabout to do this show. They have a big subscriber base which will cushion the commercial risk. Now if they can get Audra do play Dot, I'd die and go to heaven.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

Fabrizio2
#4re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:51pm

No. I want Maria Friedman to play Dot. That would be.....amazing. She played Dot in the West End production I think.

EDIT: At her concert at the Carlyle she sings Sunday in the Park with Dot and she is AMAZING singing it.
Updated On: 5/25/06 at 12:51 PM

Michael Bennett
#5re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:54pm

Maria Friedman performs several of Dot's songs in her current show at the Carlyle and is just extraordinary. She must have been sensational in the part; but I think she's probably a little too old to play the role now. She played it originally almost 20 years ago.

I'd definitely love to see McDonald's interpreation. Emily Skinner would have been interesting, though she's currently not quite physically right for it. Toni Collette would probably be amazing in the role. Jennifer Laura Thompson would probably be stellar as well.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:56pm

Oh, here we go.

Every time I think about Toni Collette on stage again I get too excited. She's BRILLIANT!!!!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

apdarcey
#7re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 1:03pm

obviously audra would be amazing.

but toni collette. what inspired casting. she truly would rule the roost. i get chills just thinking about it.

carnimiriel Profile Photo
carnimiriel
#8re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 2:47pm

Seems quite unlikely that Audra would do it though since she's apparently doing 110 in the Shade for the Roundabout in the '06-'07 season. Unless you were referring to the '07-'08 season.

iluvtheatertrash
#9re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 2:54pm

Toni Collette needs to play this role.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#10re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 3:02pm

This is one of my favorite shows, so I'd die happy if this was revived next season. Just not with Audra as Dot. Please.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

#11re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 3:18pm

Raul Esparza was great in DC...perhaps a repeat?

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#12re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2007
Posted: 5/25/06 at 3:21pm

I would personally love to see Laura Benanti play the role...

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#13re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 3:25pm

I was at the menier in london, unfortunately they were sold out when I wanted to see it, but from what I have heard this show is amazing and will most likely be on broadway in a few years.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#14re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 4:08pm

I'd love to see Raul as George. What about Brian d'Arcy James?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#15re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 4:08pm

Now would Roundabout put this in Studio 54 which could fit a more intimate production if they are doing it?

Would LOVE to see either Audra or Toni do this....

Johnnytoc
#16re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 4:13pm

Where was it read/heard that Sondheim and Lapine enjoyed this production?

Michael Bennett
#17re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 4:13pm

American Airlines Theatre would be my guess.

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#18re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 4:17pm

larger theatre which sells more seats. But I think that would remove so much of the intimacy of what I hear this production embodies... But that's show biz, as they say...

BroadwayBaby6
#19re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 4:23pm

I read in an interview with Sondheim in the Guardian newspaper about Sondheim and Lapine enjoying the production and actually giving some tips and hints in one of the rehearsals of the West End Transfr.

While Raul would be amazing as George, I believe he will probably still be starring in Company at the same time that "Sunday" will go into rehearsals.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#20re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 5:09pm

When I last went to Ldn I wnated to buy tkts but its completely sold out. THe Dress Circle shop ppl (they like know everything about the Westend gossips and truths...etc) told me that Sondheim and Lapaine saw the production like 2 times and loved it. They tried to bring friends to watch it but even they cudnt get tkts for their own show! Therefore I was so sad, but then they told me its transferring to the Westend which made me SO excited!
Can't wait!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#21re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 5:28pm

http://www.sundayinthepark.co.uk/

That's the offical site, check out the video and pixs!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

C is for Company
#22re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 5:32pm

aI would love if it returned to the Booth within the next few years. I felt so stupid, but had to touch the stage during the Pillowman by the area George sits by to open the show. I love Sunday so much and to see a Broadway production of it would be sublime.

RentBoy86
#23re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 6:45pm

It's weird that there has been this resurgence (sp?) of Sondheim shows. Sure they have been revived throughout the years, but latley there has been so many Sondheim shows that are successful and critically acclaimed. Interesting. I'd be so happy if it came to B'way. Then, I might get a chance to see it. Someone said that the West End theater it is playing in fits the show like a glove, why is that so? could it work on B'way?

MarkCohen
#24re: MY BOLD PREDICTION- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE- coming to Bway in 2
Posted: 5/25/06 at 7:02pm

I am crossing my fingers so hard for Raul and Jennifer Laura Thompson.

Videos