pixeltracker

How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?

How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?

PK2
#0How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:29am

Hi,
I have an out of town friends coming in next week.
Can anyone update on how busy Hairspray lotter is lately?
We are thinking of going on Wed either Matinee or night.
What time should I get there for Matinee lottery?
Thanks.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#1re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:39am

Wed night doesn't have a show.

On Tuesday night last week, I was the ONLY person to show up for the lotto.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#2re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:48am

The lotto is almost always a guaranteed win. I've done it 17 times now since it's been front row seats and half the time there are not even enough people there to warrant a drawing, so everyone gets a ticket.

Also, as of June 27, the schedule changes and there will be a Wednesday night show.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

PK2
#3re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:53am

Thank you... Thank you....

Wow, both of you saved me. I did not know that they don't have Wed. night. Why?

What time is drawing time for 2PM show?

Thanks again!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:57am

I believe lotto is a couple of hours before the show? They start taking names 2.5 hrs before and start drawing 2 hrs. You don't need to start lining up hours before or anything because people have an equal chance.

Does anyone know if it's possible to try the Hairspray lotto and if we lose, to do the Drowsy Chaperone lotto...because doesn't the Drowsy start drawing an hour before?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#5re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:03am

yeah, just go over to the drowsy lotto. You'll have an hour till they call Drowsy lotto. But seriously, you'll win the Hairspray lotto.

You should try other lottos on your way though. Most call half hour after Hairspray does their lotto. Drowsy lotto has been pretty packed this past week.

PK2
#6re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:11am

Again, thank you everyone for the help.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#7re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 11:07am

I won in April on a Tuesday night. Very few people from the lottery went away without tickets.
Super seats..
Super show. re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#8re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 11:34am

Hairspray lotto starts taking names 3 hours before the performance and draws 2.5 hours before. On Sundays, they start taking names 2 hours before the performance and draw 1.5 hours before.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

FinallyAmember
#9re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 11:09pm

I know generally people say that nobody really shows up to this lottery, but I am planning on going this Tuesday. I'm wondering if anyone has been lately especially on a weekday night - has there been a crowd?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#10re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 11:26pm

If you read the previous responses, someone mentioned how last Tuesday they were the only people to show up for lotto and just got to buy them.
Updated On: 8/27/06 at 11:26 PM

FinallyAmember
#11re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 11:31pm

Yes. I saw that, however, June was almost 3 months ago. I was wondering if anyone has been in past few weeks.
Updated On: 8/27/06 at 11:31 PM

millie_dillmount
#12re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 9:10am

Yeah, things could've changed especially with Haylie Duff in the show. I was wondering the same thing.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#13re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 9:14am

June was very different for hairspray.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

MissNY
#14re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 10:09am

The past couple of months has been fairly crowded. Not so easy to win. The past few times I've tried it, I've had at least 4 friends helping and we all lost. They do usually have standing room though.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#15re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 8:04pm

How bad are the lottery seats? I've heard that you can't see feet because the stage is so high -- would you recommend against sitting in the lottery seats if it's the first time seeing the show?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#16re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 8:14pm

I sat in the front row about a year and a half ago, before those seats were lotteried off, and it wasn't much more of a problem than sitting front row at most other shows. Yes, there are certain things that go along with being in the front row (like having the stage be higher for you than it is for anyone else), but it really didn't affect my enjoyment of the show at all...and actually, although I don't remember perfectly, I want to say that there's nothing you can't see, including feet (someone who's sat front row more recently can confirm or deny that). They're fun seats for that show. You'll have a great time.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

FinallyAmember
#17re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 8:36pm

thanks for the update, Miss! I guess you'll have to wish me luck tomorrow night if you're not too bitter about losing last time. :)

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#18re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 10:22pm

How bad are the lottery seats? I've heard that you can't see feet because the stage is so high -- would you recommend against sitting in the lottery seats if it's the first time seeing the show?

I'm 5'7", and I saw Hairspray from the first row lotto seats the first time I saw it, and no I could not see anyone's feet, but I don't think that really took away too much from the show for me. Yes I did eventually see it from furthur back in the Orch months later, at which point I noticed all the shoes, etc. but I don't think not seeing the feet took too much away from the show for me. And actually being in the front row made it that much more fun for me, being thatclose to everything that was happening on stage, feeling like dancers are so close they could fall on you, etc. :)

millie_dillmount
#19re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/28/06 at 10:43pm

I've sat front row before (not at the Neil Simon) and sometimes the stage was high. However, missing feet does not really take much away or distract you from the show.

froggy2
#20re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/29/06 at 12:18am

You also miss the rats on the street.

I think I prefer standing room to lotto seats for Hairspray. Being close up is fun, but the overall view from standing room is totally kickass. Plus, the tickets are like 5 bucks less. [/cheap heffas inc.]

broadwayguy2
#21re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 8/29/06 at 1:01am

actually, if you sit in the side section on the left.. the ODD numbered seats, you can see feet.. the stage is lower. the floor of the auditorium is sloped toward one side, so from one side, the stage is lower. Of course, most of the action is geared toward the OTHER side, so it IS a give and take.

antonia13192
#22re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 1/17/07 at 4:34pm

Well thats good because I just bought tickets on the left. Anyway- kind of reviving and old thread- but how is the Hairspray lottery going this January? I'm going in March and since it will most likely still be freezing cold I thought conditions now might be similar to then. I heard that normally almost everyone who signs up gets a ticket. Is this true? And are there any days that are better to go than others? And are matinees easier to get lotto tickets for?

Maggie_May
#23re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 5/22/07 at 10:51pm

I was thinking of taking my friend to Hairspray next tuesday night by trying the lotto and I was just wondering what the crowd has been like since the hype for the movie is beginning.

Also what time is the lotto? I know its earlier then other shows and I just wanted to double check. I dont know if its a 7 or 8 show with a 2 hour or 3 hour call time. Thanks for any infoo

millie_dillmount
#24re: How is Hairspray - Lottery lately?
Posted: 5/23/07 at 12:13am

When is Alexa Vega in Hairspray till? Sorry, off-topic lol.

I saw her in Subway the other day. The restaurant.

Videos