Courtney Love to Play London’s West End

richs52 Profile Photo
richs52
All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#1re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:45am

Hmmmm?

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

#2re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:53am

I hope they have a good insurance policy!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#3re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 12:18pm

Courtney Love as MAME!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#4re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 12:26pm

I hear she's taking over as Evita... (Oh wait, actually it's Elphaba!)

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#5re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:20pm

Oh, why the hell not????
If Madonna, Freddie Prinze, Jr., and Matthew Lillard can play the West End, so can Courtney...at least she can act.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 6/22/06 at 01:20 PM

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#6re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:41pm

wtf???

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:42pm

Guys.

Who cares.

Give her a shot.

Chill out.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#8re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 7:52pm

Remember back when to be an American doing a play in London, you had to be good?

It's as if the West End has become the equivalent of touring in summer stock.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#9re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 7:55pm

It just seems that to be on American TV is enough for you to star in a play in the West End.

Though if any of the guys from "Footballer's Wives" ever does a show in New York, I'm there!!!

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

munkustrap178
#10re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:05pm

Those who are complaining, have you ever actually seen her act? Do you know anything about her interests or talents?

Sure, the woman's life is a mess - but just because someone has a drug problem and is the laughing stock of the music industry these days does not mean that she's not a woman capable of doing things that someone with an actual "clean" life IS capable of.

What is the big difference between her and someone like Cyndi Lauper? Sure, Lauper is more respected and has proven herself in ways that Love has not - but Cyndi Lauper's Broadway arrival was - to a lesser extent - greeted by some nay-sayers, including myself. And look what happened - she is spectacular.

And look - I'm not saying that her possible appearance on stage could lead to an Olivier - but I'm certainly not saying that she's going to stand there and shoot ping pong balls out of her cooch and throw microphones at fans. From what I understand, she would be appearing in a straight play, not a musical - so while many would agree that Mrs. Cobain doesn't have the pipes to carry a show 8 times a week, none of us know whether or not she can act it 8 times a week.

She's trying something new - maybe theatre is a passion of hers that she just hasn't had the opportunity to pursue until now. And I applaud her for not only her courage to get up there and be a part of something potentially wonderful - but for branching out into other ventures.

I wish her much luck.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#11re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:07pm

I actually am kinda proud. At least she's trying to clean up her life. Look at the 'new' Courtney. She looks like she's brushing her hair. That's a good sign.

Besides, she DOES actually have talent.

#12re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:38pm

Besides, she DOES actually have talent.

Very true. Has anyone here actually heard Hole's music? I think some of it is brilliant. As far as her acting career goes, she's actually turned in some great performances in films. A lot of the films she's appeared in have admittedly flopped, but that doesn't take away from her talent.

However, Courtney saying that she has "plans" for something is about as far from set in stone as you can get. She follows through on approximately 20% of what she says, so it's not even something people should concern themselves with yet.

munkustrap178
#13re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:40pm

Yes.

One of my biggest pet peeves on the boards are when there's an article saying something like "Mame may transfer to New York."

Before you know it, there's a thread here saying "MAME to open at the Palace."

Ugh.

Thesbijean
#14re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 9:55pm

I dunno if she'll end up actually playing the West End, but i'd bet my money that she at least ends up unconscious on the sidewalks of the West End...

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#15re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:43pm

Courtney Love was brilliant in PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT. She's a very talented instinctual actress. She could be wonderful on stage.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#16re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:47pm

She was terrific in The People vs. Larry Flynt. This should be interesting.

FindingNamo
#17re: Courtney Love to Play London’s West End
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:16pm

I love Courtney and saw Hole three times before they broke up. And if the fact that she could snap you show-tune humming little dweebs in two like a twig isn't reason enough to love her, the fact is, I'd pay cash money to watch her do it.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos