pixeltracker

Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!- Page 3

Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!

smashingasian
#50re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/8/06 at 1:40pm

Woweee, if John was on the staircase I'd probably have a heart attack! Hopefully I'll get to see him one of these days when I do rush again. *keeps fingers crossed*

Isn't Daniel just darling? I can imagine your sister's expression... surprised! Heck, I'd be blushing madly, no more blush re-applications for me. I love seats A2 and 4, I swear Michael looked at me at some point. Decked out in a green sparkly top... I'm not hard to miss haha

Since I live in Jersey, NYC was a bus trip away for me. I got to the theatre at 7:00 am and to my surprise there was a man in line already. He turned out to be holding a spot for his younger son and then went off to work.

bitey dog Profile Photo
bitey dog
#51re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 11:26am

I'm planning to take my dad to see the show this weekend and Sunday is the only day I can do rush.

Can someone tell me what time I should get in line and what time the tickets actually go on sale for the Sunday 3pm show?

Thanks so much. :)

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#52re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 12:31pm

Tickets go on sale at noon for Sunday shows. I might see you there :). As long as you're there before nine or so, you should be fine.

I tried to rush this past Saturday matinee, but my alarm didn't go off, and I ended up getting there at 8:30, when the rush line was full. The people first in line got there at 6 AM for tickets that went on sale at 11.

All the rush seats are great, but I'm a fan of A5 and A7.

bitey dog Profile Photo
bitey dog
#53re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 2:45pm

Good to know - I was worried I was going to have to get up crazy early!

This is Lori's friend Cristen, BTW. :) So if you see me there, definitely say hi. Just don't get me confused with that other person again, lol.

NJgirl
#54re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 2:53pm

"that other person" huh?

~Cristin

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#55re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 3:17pm

Actually, I'm the one who got you all confused, haha. All elphie told me that one time was that she thought she saw my friend Cristin with her boyfriend/husband/whomever on the rush line...my automatic thought was that it was Cristen, but it turned out to be you, Cristin. Heh.

God, that's kind of confusing. LOL.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#56re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 3:35pm

I'm coming to the thread late just to say, I never want to hear complaints from anyone about getting rush tickets for any seat for a Broadway show. You all should have been around before student rush and lottos existed and you had to pay full price to see anything.

i*heart*fame
#57re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 4:11pm

What time should you get there for an evening performance?

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#58re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 4:18pm

It varies depending on the day. All 8 PM shows go on sale at 4:30....so you should be there by noon...I would think. Matinees go on sale at 11 and the 7:00 show for Tuesdays goes on sale at 3:30. PM me if you have any more questions!

bella cantato
#59re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 5:33pm

What time would you suggest for the Sunday matinee (starts at 3)? I need to be the FIRST one bc I'll be going with a group and I want everyone to get tickets!

Thanks!
Erin :)

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

popular_elphie
#60re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 8:21pm

Bella, which Sunday matinee are you trying to go to?

If you want all 12, line up at midnight.

Why not just use the group discount? It's kind of rude to take away all the student rush tix from others.

wicked_mimi
#61re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/18/06 at 10:21pm

Bella, unless six of you got there at the same time you can't reserve spots in line. You can only buy 2... and like someone else said... it is kinda rude to take every rush seat in the theater... Like she said though, aslong as you are there before 8:30-9 you can get tickets. The last Sunday I went to the last person who got rush seats got there at like 9:30 actually. They were separated but in the theater.

bella cantato
#62re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/19/06 at 5:59pm

Well, I mean we'd all be in line together. But I mean, if everyone wants to see the show, I don't think that's rude... we're all students, and we can't afford the pricey tickets and as long as we all wait in line, I think it's fair... I didn't realize there were only 12 tickets available, though. Guess that means we'll be there bright and early Sunday morning! (There would be 5 of us going.)

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

popular_elphie
#63re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/20/06 at 11:00am

If there's only five of you going, it's fine. I thought you wanted all 12. I'm planning on going on Sunday, as are a few others on this board.

JLY Fan
#64re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 7/20/06 at 11:55am

I'm seeing it for the 3rd time in September (all non-rush tickets); the first time I sat on the far left (I think it was row M - a regular orchestra price ticket) - a man around 7 feet tall sat in front of me and I had to lean over to the left almost the entire time (I still loved it though, if that happened at any other show, it would have ruined the entire show for me). The second time I sat on the right side around row G, seat 8, this seat was good (but I paid the premium ticket price) and I got to watch JLY hang out on the staircase (notice my nickname?), so I loved that - in September I'll be sitting at row B, seat 6, so I'm hoping JLY is definitely on that evening (a Wednesday) so I can see him hang out on the staircase, but even closer this time! I saw Michael on TV on Broadway Under the Stars and he's really fantastic; I guess he'll take over for JLY when John's contract expires in October.