pixeltracker

wicked and rent is killing youth- Page 5

wicked and rent is killing youth

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#100re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:44pm

Threadjack - when I was doing a run of the original show, some of the cast actually made up a whole production called Into Da Hood. We performed it twice between shows. And EVERYONE died.

Oh, and btwwz, anyone like The Sleepy Chaperone?

#101re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:44pm

I've heard good stuff about 24th Daily Montgomery Township Quiz Bowl.

Anyone know about Cannedmeatoften?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#102re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:46pm

How about The Fourpenny Sung-through Show?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#103re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:46pm

SH*Ta Riveriera: The Singer's Life...good show!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#104re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:48pm

Not as good as Guests.

SweetQintheLights
#105re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:48pm

Thoroughly Crazy Millie.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#106re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:50pm

Booty and Beast

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#107re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:52pm

Sour Charity

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

#108re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:54pm

Booty and Beast

Threadjack: That reminded me of Pepper Ann. It was a flashback to when she was five and said she wanted to get home to watch her favorite show "Boo-tay and the Bizzeast"

How I remember that, I have no idea.

SweetQintheLights
#109re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:55pm

Anyone care to join me for "The Divorced Singer?"

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

#110re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:56pm

High Button Jews
(I know it's used in The Producers, but I couldn't resist.)

wonderfulwizard11
#111re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:58pm

how about the classic "Maim"?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#112re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/3/06 at 11:59pm

Hello Holly! was also a great one.

*edit*
How about the Disney tuner Frida.

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)
Updated On: 7/4/06 at 11:59 PM

#113re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 12:06am

Back to what Matthew darling is trying to get across... Wicked and Rent can't be killing youth.

Because almost all of my friends have never heard of Wicked or Rent.

wonderfulwizard11
#114re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 12:08am

how about Pisscity?

millie_dillmount
#115re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 12:15am

South Passaic (was that it?)

Death of a Salesman on Ice

It isn't Avenue R...it's Avenue Screw...gosh, you must be faking your love for theature.

I also love how this thread turned into spoofing actual show titles!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

millie_dillmount
#116re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 12:17am

Let's not forget Adam Googootel's lovely orchestrations of The Dark in the Pizza.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#117re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 12:44am

how old are you?

this is exactly why we need a newbie board where they are kept until they can articulate an intelligent post. Between this and your "noogie" post.......I'd say a good 6 months.

Many people find when they join that they sit back and lurk for a bit....to get a feel for the board....rather than starting gung ho with silly posts....

and all, don't forget The Poodle in the Piazza, courtesy of cturtle

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#118re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 12:49am

Is that the puddle where the poodle did the piddle?

Oh sorry, that was a little bit of "First Day of the Week in the "if it were in NJ it would be closed now" with Gershwin...

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

cyril
#119re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:06am

Let's try to get this all straight. The essential idea in all this to introduce live theatre to young people. Rent or Wicked can't 'kill' the youth. There is something special about live theater. Remember the feeling you get when you know you're off to the theatre for a show? The ability to suspend reality? The girls are beautiful, the guys handsome, the clothes special, the music,fantastic and for that brief moment, the whole world stops and everything is real? That's why people go to the theater.

For people like us, that log on to websites like this or spend their hard earned money to attend live theatre, whether Broadway, Chicago or some po-dunk Summer stock theatre in the midwest, don't ever forget the power and influence the music and performances may have on that member of the audience that decides that performance of "Cats" or "Wicked" or my favorite "Violet" were life altering moments when the decision about what you want to do with the rest of your life becomes clear, " I want to perform!" What a great gift it is, indeed, for communities or schools to have the wherewithal to stage the great American Musicals that have inspired generation after generation of American youth to seek their futures on the stage?

Is Wicked or Rent killing youth? Just remember back to the first time you saw West Side Story or Oklahoma or Rent. Wait for a moment or two: now think.... Now answer that question for yourself.

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#120re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:07am

I wished that "Caroline, or Credit Cards" would have lasted longer on Broadway.

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

bardolator
#121re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:38am

One of my all-time favorites is FURRY LADY (though I still maintain that Stripaknee K. Blink would make a fantastic Fanny Brace!). And then there's NORTH ATLANTIC...and, oh! EVILA! That's currently my favorite Andrew Loyd Wright musical!

Sally Profile Photo
Sally
#122re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:38am

Puberty the Musical? (Not a Sondheim show)

As a former teacher I am somewhat gratified that the poor kid who started all this hilarity *might* now realize that spelling and all that grammar stuff actually does count.

I<3bway Profile Photo
I<3bway
#123re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:40am

^^It's called joking around. Ever hear about it before?
Updated On: 7/4/06 at 01:40 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#124re: wicked and rent is killing youth
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:48am

As a former teacher I am somewhat gratified that the poor kid who started all this hilarity *might* now realize that spelling and all that grammar stuff actually does count.

In an ideal world...
However, as you can see, this is not it

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos