News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

age-appropriate Broadway show

trinaaron Profile Photo
trinaaron
#0age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/06 at 3:18pm

My 8 year old daughter is begging to see an actual show on Broadway. She has seen Peter Pan and Beauty & the Beast in regional productions and loved them. My question is whether Wicked would be an appropriate show for her. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

colleen_lee
#1re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/06 at 3:18pm

Yes, she'll love it.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

bohemianxsunshine Profile Photo
bohemianxsunshine
#2re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/06 at 3:34pm

i agree, you'll enjoy it to. i think she'll enjoy Popular, thats a cute song ;]

theatre major, class of 2011 ♥
MARIAN: Well, what would you like to take out?
HAROLD HILL: The librarian.
MARIAN: Quiet, please!
HAROLD HILL: (whispering)The librarian.

I would like to invite you to Voices for Rent! The Official Rent fanbase! Come and join your fellow RENTheads!

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#3re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/06 at 11:22pm

Wicked is a show for all ages!

matt schneider
#4re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/06 at 11:45pm

It may not be overly appropriate, but I think she wont understand the unapropriate parts and love the apropriate parts, you should take her to it. Also I belive Tarzan is good for her age, but not worth money for any real theature person, your call though. She will love both.

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

matt schneider
#5re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/06 at 11:57pm

hope we helped

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#6re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 12:02am

K, first for an 8 year old there are no innapropriate or "un"appropriate parts in Wicked, and second, please learn how to spell theatre, because any real "theature" person knows how to spell it.

matt schneider
#7re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 12:06am

kk, sorry I can't spell anything.

achancetofly Profile Photo
achancetofly
#8re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 12:59am

Okay. Matt schneider?

We've all tried to just ignore you, or correct you, or just be open minded about you being on this forum, but this is getting ridiculous.

You REALLY really need to learn that there is no such thing as a "real" theatre person. Anyone who enjoys a live piece of storytelling should be appreciated, and you are just sounding like a really juvenile, immature person deciding who is worthy of enjoying a piece of art.

And even in that, you make yourself look incredibly hypocritical and idiotic, when you can't even spell or correctly articulate the points you are trying to make.

Because it's not only the incorrect spelling that bothers people. It's your attitude about everything. You act like you're so very superior and you pass judgement on people. But the problem is, the judgement you pass is unfounded and incorrect itself, and it comes out especially when you refuse to check your spelling.

Please watch yourself and observe your own mistakes before you make such an effort to be so judgemental on others, or you are just going to get completely bombarded on this forum, because no one is appreciating your ignorance and arrogancy.

"Cages or wings, which do you prefer?"-- Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 7/5/06 at 12:59 AM

elphaba432 Profile Photo
elphaba432
#9re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 8:06am

Yes, she'll have the time of her life!

Just because I got the lead doesn't mean you can't be my understudy!:)

peach
#10re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 11:35am

Yes - Wicked is appropriate for an 8-year old. She will probably really enjoy it. Last time I saw it, there was a group of young girls in front of me - they were probably between the ages of 8 and 10. They were having a grand time!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#11re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 3:15pm

fwiw, I took a 9 yr old to see Wicked back in L.A.- her mom had to explain to her what an affair means, but other than that everything was perfectly fine and understandable to her, and she completely loved it.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#12re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 3:16pm

Wicked is a good show for kids, she'll love it if she has any interest in the Wizard of Oz.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#13re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 3:22pm

I agree with what everyone else said, She'll have a ball at Wicked. She may also enjoy Hairspray.

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#14re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/5/06 at 3:24pm

There's nothing inappropriate about "Wicked". It's a show for everyone and I think she'll be more transfixed with the happenings on stage than the song lyrics or the dialogue. It's an excellent show.

Dancinblonde19 Profile Photo
Dancinblonde19
#15re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/6/06 at 8:55pm

Wicked would definetly be an appropriate show for her to see. Before you go, make sure that she is familar with the story of The Wizard of Oz so that she can appreciate the storyline. If that doesn't work out for one reason or another, any of the Disney musicals are great for any age.

#16re: age-appropriate Broadway show
Posted: 7/6/06 at 9:00pm

As long as she knows The Wizard of Oz, take her to see Wicked.

Videos