Broadway Guilty Pleasures

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#0Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:55pm

We all have shows we love, or CDs we always listen to that we keep secret. What are your's?

Mine would have to be the DVD of Jekyll and Hyde with Hasselhoff.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:59pm

I listen to the finale of DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES a lot. And I mean a lot.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#2re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:09pm

GASP MUNK

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#3re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:10pm

Every now and then I put on Starlight Express and imagine people on roller skates. I'm so ashamed.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

ponine24601
#4re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:15pm

'Life After Life' from Dracula is one of my favorite songs. I love it.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#5re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:18pm

"Right in Front of Your Eyes" from The Wedding Singer. I don't like the show, but that song is addicting and Amy Spanger sells it for all it's worth.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

bwaygal731
#6re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:32pm

'In His Eyes' from Jekyll & Hyde. It's my number 1 song on my iPod at 125 times played and I heard the song for the first time 3 weeks ago. Yeah. I love it. A bit too much.

COOOOLkid
#7re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:35pm

I listen to Wicked sometimes...

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

BlueStarGirl
#8re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:38pm

I just heard "Memory" from Cats for the first time in a long time. Wow, I really, really embarassingly LOVE that song.

#9re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:49pm

I listen to the Act I Prologue of Into the Woods all the time.

The sad thing, it's the revival recording.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#10re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:53pm

ladyofthelake - THAT is unforgivable!!! :)

Yero
#11re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:56pm

Jekyll and Hyde and TWIW.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#12re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:21pm

Jekyll and Hyde
Wedding Singer

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#13re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:26pm

Jesus Christ Superstar?

#14re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:27pm

JCS is a guilty pleasure? Really? I didn't think it was that (awesomely) bad.

Mine's Aida.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#15re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:32pm

If I thought that it was bad I wouldn't listen to it. re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures But, when I tell people that I like it, they usually say that it's lame and such.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#16re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:33pm

I definitely would not count JCS as a guilty pleasure - at least amongst us theater geeks. Just about everythign we all listen to would be considered a guilty pleasure by anyone outside of the community.

C is for Company
#17re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:36pm

I downloaded 'With One Look' and 'As If We Never Said Goodbye' from Sunset Boulevard 5 times each with a different lead each time. I have all 10 versions on my ipod in a playlist and the sad thing is I start from one, then it finishes and goes to the next woman singing the same song 5 times. I think thats the worst thing to be embarrassed of that I do regarding my Broadway issues.

Stitch_Stalker Profile Photo
Stitch_Stalker
#18re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:38pm

Ever since I learned that John Hickock was in Aida-a cast album I had previously ignored on my ipod-I've been listening to "Another Pyramid" a BIT too much...

So on that note, I guess you could also call Little Women my personal guilty pleasure... Although I think it gains a little more respect in the theater than other shows...

#19re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:43pm

Just for clarification, the songs "Another Pyramid" and "Like Father, Like Son" don't exist in my mind. My Aida guilty pleasure isn't quite THAT guilty. re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures It's nothing against John, though.

gavrochegirl
#20re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:47pm

What about Grease?

What the puck?!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#21re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:02pm

I hate another pyramid and father/son, but I love John.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ashley0139
#22re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:14pm

I don't think Aida would be considered a guilty pleasure. It's not thought of to be that bad. And I love Like Father, Like Son but hate Another Pyramid.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

broadwaybaby221
#23re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:15pm

I would have to say that the OBCR of Footloose is my guilty pleasure.

~Sara~

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#24re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:16pm

I wouldn't say Grease is either. Maybe amongst US it would be because it's almost mainstream...

Videos