pixeltracker

Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

x_FedUp Profile Photo
x_FedUp
#0Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 7:39pm

"They will join a cast that includes Sherie Rene Scott as Christine Colgate, Lucie Arnaz as Muriel Eubanks, Mylinda Hull as Jolene Oakes and Gregory Jbara as Andre (Richard Kind succeeds him on August 3rd)."

I though Sara was staying longer, but according to the Photo Coverage of Norbert and Johnathon's last she's not. Any info?

Bohemian1232 Profile Photo
Bohemian1232
#1re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 7:40pm

She is still in the show.

"Nothing's lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we've left behind, and dreaming ahead."

x_FedUp Profile Photo
x_FedUp
#2re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 7:45pm

Thanks. That's good! I saw her live in May and she was amazing!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 7:48pm

She's probably not mentioned because she is only on stage for about ten minutes.

x_FedUp Profile Photo
x_FedUp
#4re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 7:50pm

Actually, she's mentioned, just as someone else. Melinda Hull took over for Sara when she was in Grey Gardens and now Sara's back, but I guess the guy just thought she was still gone? I don't know.
Updated On: 7/17/06 at 07:50 PM

mijofly19
#5re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 8:24pm

I believe there have been a few press releases about DRS where they've had the wrong Jolene (i.e. Mylinda while Sara was in & Sara while Mylinda was in). I've seen both of them, along with Rachelle Rak, and although all three were great, Mylinda was my favorite.

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#6re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 8:33pm

Well those ten minutes were a fantastic ten minutes!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#7re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 8:37pm

She was my favorite part of the show!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Yankeefan007
#8re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 8:54pm

She's in through December, with Sherie and Lucie.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#9re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 9:25pm

Sara was great. I didn't get to see Mylinda.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#10re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 9:44pm

yankeefan007, I heard that too.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Kgshrauder Profile Photo
Kgshrauder
#11re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:12pm

I saw Mylinda as an understand back in November, and then saw Julie Conners as the understudy that last two times I went, so I never got to see Sara, I liked both of them for the little time they were on stage.

It was 6 hours, I don't even like to have sex and eat bacon for 6 hours.
Freddy Benson- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

mijofly19
#12re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:15pm

"I saw Mylinda as an understand back in November"

Mylinda was in Sweet Charity in November. She never understudied Jolene, just played the role from Jan. 17th through April 23rd.

Yankeefan007
#13re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:26pm

EponineAmneris - that's confirmation straight from them.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#14re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/18/06 at 12:04am

I've seen Mylinda, Julie and Sara, and nothing against the other 2--IMHO, Sara was by far the best. I missed her screams while she was gone.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#15re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/18/06 at 12:15am

I have seen Sara, mylinda and Rachelle Rak (I think). I did miss Sara's screams but I must say that the more times I think about Mylinda, the more I believe that she had the acting down better.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

lovesclassics
#16re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/18/06 at 12:46am

I thought Mylinda was much funnier than Sara. I mean, that girl was scary as Jolene!

lc

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#17re: Sara Gettelfinger Still in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posted: 7/18/06 at 8:31am

She's still in the show, but, unfortunately, she's lost some of her spark. I saw the show again last week and she was blatently walking through the performance. She looked so incredibly bored up there and it showed. Having seen her in early previews, I know how delightful she can be in this part, and I hope that what I saw was just an off-night. However, her boredom was definitely palpable last Wednesday night.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos