pixeltracker

Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens

Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens

soulman83
#0Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 7/25/06 at 9:20pm

Its seriously one of my favorite shows and some great broadways performers do an amazing job with it. Brian D'arcy James steals the show with his song "And the Rain keeps falling down". Anyway, is ther anyway to get the score or some of the music? it would be amazing to have. There isnt a vocal selections, right?

soulman83
#1re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:41am

bumpity bump

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#2re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:52am

There are no vocal selections, and the score isn't even available at the Lincoln Center library. The only way I can think of getting the music is to contact someone you know who attends a musical theatre school... most have extensive libraries comprised of music that has been "donated" by artists in residence. Something like AMDA, CCM, Julliard, CMU, NYU, etc. I'm sure that they'd have it there or that someone at the school would be able to get it easily.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 02:52 AM

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#3re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:38pm

Just as an FYI, my church has plans to present it as a one-night fundraiser for our AIDS Crisis Fund on December 01.

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#4re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:42pm

I'd sign a petition to get this material published and/or licensable. Great great great score. Used to love the selection from it that the Flirtations did in concert....

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Chrysanthemum62001
#5re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 8/6/06 at 11:58pm

I absolutely adore this music. The monologues are amazing too. "Fa_bu_lous"

It's strange, cause I know Samuel French has the Libretto you can publish. And I've seen "Angels Punks and Raging Queens" and "My Brother Lived in San Fransisco" in different vocal books.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

TheaterDude15 Profile Photo
TheaterDude15
#6re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 8/7/06 at 2:28am

I know it really is a shame. I just shows how many shows are out there that seem to just get ignored. It's a shame because there is some great art out there that is hard to expose yourself to with the way things are going right now. At any rate, thanks for the help. I have a friend who's a voice major at the CMU summer session and I think she's still there. I'll ask her. thanks!

"Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see" -Sunday in the Park with George

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#7re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 8/7/06 at 2:44am

That's all I can think of, too: colleges and voice teachers at the colleges. That's how I got the music to "And the Rain..." I know that my voice teacher personally knows the composer and even got her to play in the pit of a show I was in. I hope some, or rather some more, of the music is published soon.

~Steven

Pinky Profile Photo
Pinky
#8re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 8/7/06 at 4:56am

I saw a few songs (Celebrate, My Brother Lives in SF, & Learning to Let Go) in The Contemporary Singing Actor books. I haven't seen a book with all the songs (especially And the Rain Falls).

Penn State Forever!!!!

camp_actor
#9re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 8/7/06 at 6:23am

It's such a great show. And really popular. I'm confused as to why a vocal selections hasn't appeared yet! Updated On: 8/7/06 at 06:23 AM

camp_actor
#10re: Elegies: for Angels, Punks, and Raging Queens
Posted: 8/7/06 at 6:29am

TheatreDude15, the thing is, it's just weird. Because the show has not been ignored. There's hundreds of productions of it going on...ALL THE TIME. And it's very very popular. It's known by most people who know anything about musicals, and it has a number of cast recordings. So it just seems WEIRD that they haven't released a vocal selections. Surely they could and put some of the proceeds to an AIDS charity and they would sell like hot cakes.

Videos