blueroses
#50re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:24pm

I'm loving the pale blue dress!

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#51re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:28pm

I love the costumes! They look very authentic. Thanks for the sneak peek!

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

friesgirl Profile Photo
friesgirl
#52re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:30pm

No Curtis Holbrook picture? Isn't he a council member?

Parks
#53re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:30pm

Ah! I cannot wait for the movie! It's kinda sad how excited pictures of the cast make me. My heart is racing just from looking at them. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I see the trailer for the first time!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#54re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:35pm

The cast until now looks... FANTASTIC!!!!!!
I can't wait til it's got the trailers and open (and Marc oh PLEASE I BEG of u... dont be like The Producers.... let it ACTUALLY open in Hong Kong! The Producers had just one single showing and that's it! Lucky I saw it in Ldn.. :P)
I'm gonna calm down..... thanks alot Marc... ur the best!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#55re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:36pm

Wow...didn't know Haylie was in the movie! She's a friend of a friend. I've met her several times. Sweet girl.

WeddedBliss22 Profile Photo
WeddedBliss22
#56re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 12:36pm

THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!
The cast looks so great, it's fun to see them really look like kids, a few of the Nicest Kids in Town on Broadway look like they could actually be in their 60's! That Nick is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! So are you Unkie Marc, can't wait to see you again in your new show. Thanks for posting the pictures. Please post Fender, he's my favorite!!

Tina Maddigan, who plays Sophie in the biggest role of her young career, remembers "bouncing on the sofa as a child at home in Newfoundland, listening to ABBA records." GO TINA!!

BroadwayBaby21
#57re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:14pm

I'm loving the pics, keep 'em coming! :) Thanks!!

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#58re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:22pm

Dammit, Marc. You're starting to pull me over to the dark side. I can't not be excited now.

Is Amanda Bynes really taller than Elijah Kelley or is she standing on something?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

broadwayguy2
#59re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:33pm

I'm loving the council boys... so glad to jess back in the 'spray... Nick and JP... nice additions... no what about my Spencer?? Love me Fender!

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#60re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:41pm

I Think the costumes would look much better with me in them, we all were thinking it, I just had the balls to say it.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#61re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:41pm

"Becky's" clothing is divine.

Thanks a bunch for these glimpses. The cast looks great and very happy!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#62re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:53pm

Marc ahhh i love you! so... going on the blog!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#63re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 1:57pm

And remember, these clothes are just a wisp of what it all will be!!

the truth is, watching the rehearsals (which I only get to do on Mondays, when I fly up to Toronto on my day off from MARTY SHORT show.....yikes!) is so freaking exciting, I wanted to show off the cast!!

Call me a shill, or worse, but that's the truth!
Updated On: 8/1/06 at 01:57 PM

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#64re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:00pm

This ain't shillin' - this is giving a sneak peak (and as far as I know, not available anywhere else) of what's to come!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#65re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:01pm

I am sure the cast is great!
That's so sweet Marc... how long's ur flight tho??? I hate taking flights and sadly have to take about 14 hrs of flight once every 3 months....

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

fxy2003cmu Profile Photo
fxy2003cmu
#66re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:13pm

Yay! The pictures are great! Thanks so much Marc, You're my hero right now :) And probably forever!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#67re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:22pm

THIS is why I love BWW! Thanks so much Uncle Marc! re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

The cast is... well, GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see them all in costume singing and dancing their asses off. It really is refreshing to see age-appropriate actors playing the roles. While it works onstage, it is so much better for the camera to have actual young people playing the parts.

The fittings and cast look great! Keep the updates and pictures coming. Thanks Marc!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

GoodbyeMyLover Profile Photo
GoodbyeMyLover
#68re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:28pm

omg, this makes me even more excited for the moive!

hooray! :)

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." - Marilyn Monroe

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#69re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:32pm

JP is so cute! Love the dance move. Thanks, Uncle Marc.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#70re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:32pm

Thanks, Unca Marc! Y'know, I came to BWW a Rent-head, but I am SO MUCH MORE looking forward to the movie of 'Hairspray'. Thanks, in no small part, to you. This movie will be nothing less than awesome, and I'm lovin' the sneak peeks and just how pleased and proud you seem to be. re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#71re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:33pm

Considering I've never seen the show on Broadway (so I have nothing to compare to), I am LOVING the costumes so far. :) Thank you, Marc! Got any pictures of Spencer Liff (he's playing one of the Nicest Kids in Town I think) or is he not there yet?

neddyfrank2
#72re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:40pm

It looks great!
Thank You!

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#73re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:44pm

I'm really enjoying these photos. I didn't think there could be a cuter IQ than Broadway's original Todd Michel Smith (I'm somewhat of a fan re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics ) but I have to admit Jesse looks great! Thanks for the sneak peek, Marc!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

showbiz287 Profile Photo
showbiz287
#74re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:50pm

AHHHHH I LOVE IT!!!! THANKS FOR THE PICTURES MARC! I have the biggest grin on my face after seeing the photos! best of best of best of luck!!!

-Eric a.k.a one of the nicest kids in town re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

"I'll eat some breakfast, then change the world."